Post Thanks / Like
    First of all, thanks to everyone who chimed in on my thread in the "Car and Driver" section a while back.

I ordered a BMW 128 in Black Sapphire Metallic, with Terracotta (football-colored) leather interior. It has been built, and is awaiting shipment.

I have been reviewing my product list that I have been using on my gray Focus (which I am keeping), and so, I welcome suggestions for any changes.

I have a PC, which has taken care of any polishing needs on the Focus. If I thought a Flex was necessary, I would consider it.

Here`s the list:

Griot`s Car Wash, grout sponges, lots of good ww towels (I pat it dry)

Griot`s Wheel Cleaner (when needed)

Optimum Polish (not used much)

Poli-Seal (usually enough for my polishing needs)

Opti-Seal (I`m interested in other LSP recommendations)

IW on wheels (have Poorboy`s wheel sealant)

303 for interior trim (sometimes on tires)

In addition to suggestions on the above, I will be looking for brushes for the wheels, a leather conditioner (will go with woolite and water to clean), and something for tires, since I sometimes get lazy and spray Meg`s Hot Shine on the tires.

The BMW will be driven rarely in the winter, and will be in a garage. So, I wouldn`t mind splurging on an LSP, since I am retired and will have the time to work on the car. My landlady/girlfriend has approved a construction of an extra section of driveway next to the garage for the Focus (any carport suggestions?).

I know I`ve asked a lot of questions. So, any pieces of advice you have will be very welcome. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, Moe- Are you planning to do a decontamination or claying? I always decon my new vehicles even when I take them "still in the plastic".

Post Thanks / Like
    Good question. I would certainly clay at least. I have Clay Magic blue, and Sonus green around.

You have mentioned decontamination before, on other threads. I`ll use the search function here to check it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey, Moe!
    ..You have mentioned decontamination before, on other threads. I`ll use the search function here to check it out.

It`s basically just doing two extra "super washes", one with a very alkaline shampoo and the other being basically a wipe-down-keep-wet with an acidic product. Then you rewash per usual to neutralize the acid and wash things up normally. Not the big deal some people might think and no chance of marring as with some clay.

The Sonus green, much as I love it, is often too mild to really *clean* the paint; better for cleaning a healthy LSP.

BTW, I sure wouldn`t let the dealer prep it. *ONE* wash could be disastrous. Heh heh, my Porshe/Audi dealer *insists* I take mine "in the wrapper" just so they aren`t responsible for that "marring nobody else sees".

Post Thanks / Like
    Claying would remove any rail dust if shipped by train. I would look at

Men PO85RD, RMG, Souveran combo for a awesome look.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Another good point--as much as I feel that the BMW dealer I am working with is a quality place, I should turn down the prep.

I have seen a number of new, high-line cars that were murdered by the dealer, including a friend`s black Cayman S that made me want to cry.

Thread Information