Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought the electric Kärcher at Costco back in November since a gas version isn`t practical for me for several reasons (I can always borrow one). The adjustable wand has stopped putting out full pressure, so I thought I`d cash in the Costco return-policy for an exchange. However, it seems that Costco is no longer carrying the Kärcher and instead sells the Snap-On with roughly the same ratings.

Anyone have any experience with the Snap-On? One thing I like about it is the detatchable hose from the handle. On my Kärcher, the hose is permanently attached. I know all electric pressure washers are crap, but it seems to suit my needs fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Snap-On is generally known for it`s quality products, so I would think their pressure washer should at least be above average and durable, and should be more than enough for your needs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar752
    Snap-On is generally known for it`s quality products, so I would think their pressure washer should at least be above average and durable, and should be more than enough for your needs.

Ha ha, if Snap-On products are being sold at Costco, then they have sold out and it`s a badge-engineered piece of crap.

Post Thanks / Like
    i thought i would never see the day that Snap-On goes this low? they are usually a direct to consumer, not direct to retailer - how much is it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by armoredsaint
    i thought i would never see the day that Snap-On goes this low?

You and me both, but I guess nothing should surprise me anymore with American business.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by armoredsaint
    how much is it?

About $150.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any reviews for this PW?

Post Thanks / Like
    Camspray sells a heavy duty electric PW. It`s pricy though. Can be bought @ DD.

Post Thanks / Like
    I decided to take advantage of Costco`s generous return policy and get the Snap-On model which is the same price as my old one. The Snap-On has a single wand / nozzle with two twist-adjustment controls for both pressure strength and spray pattern. This is quite convenient compared to swapping out wands on the Kärcher.

The hose is also detachable from the handle while the Kärcher had it permanently attached (which was inconvenient for storage). The hose connectors on the pressure washer base for both the hose to the handle as well as from the outlet (my CRSpotless in this case) are both metal, unlike the Kärcher which was plastic. The Snap-On also comes with a Velcro tie-down strap for the electrical cord which is convenient. The unit`s handle is also the pop-up / lock style just like a luggage bag. Another plus - the wand`s tube length is metal.

Assuming the performance and longevity is similar between the two brands, I`d say exchanging for the Snap-On was a good idea. This is why I got a Costco membership, although the cheap hot dogs aren`t bad either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Ha ha, if Snap-On products are being sold at Costco, then they have sold out and it`s a badge-engineered piece of crap.

Yup, exactly. I doubt you could find a major airline aircraft mechanic that uses anything but Snap-On tools. They are the undisputed champs.

Terrible to see them sell out like this. Either that, or Setec and I are missing out on the finest electric pressure washer made.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by docrice
    I decided to take advantage of Costco`s generous return policy and get the Snap-On model which is the same price as my old one. The Snap-On has a single wand / nozzle with two twist-adjustment controls for both pressure strength and spray pattern. This is quite convenient compared to swapping out wands on the Kärcher.

The hose is also detachable from the handle while the Kärcher had it permanently attached (which was inconvenient for storage). The hose connectors on the pressure washer base for both the hose to the handle as well as from the outlet (my CRSpotless in this case) are both metal, unlike the Kärcher which was plastic. The Snap-On also comes with a Velcro tie-down strap for the electrical cord which is convenient. The unit`s handle is also the pop-up / lock style just like a luggage bag. Another plus - the wand`s tube length is metal.

Assuming the performance and longevity is similar between the two brands, I`d say exchanging for the Snap-On was a good idea. This is why I got a Costco membership, although the cheap hot dogs aren`t bad either.

Yup, the dogs make the membership worth while!

Let us know how the Snap-On pressure washer works/holds up?
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Just bought one of these today. It worked for 20 minutes and seized up. I`ll take it back tomorrow and pay double for the Honda which I know will last.

Post Thanks / Like
    i just bought one today. it has decent features but the body itself and the extendable handle feel very flimsy. if anything goes wrong costco has a great return/exchange policy as mentioned. :think2

if it craps out ill just suck it up and buy a gas honda. in the meantime spend the 200 dollar difference on some other supplies like a foam cannon.:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Pressure washer:

Having owned quite a few pressure washers over the past 10 years, I would be most interested in what pump comes on this model. I have found that Cat pumps are hands down the most durable. I have a Honda 2600 commercial pressure washer I bought used about 3 years ago, and it has been run off a tank during that time trouble free. Frequent oil changes for both the motor and the pump will pay off over time.

As far as electric pressure washers they all seem to be the same (CHEAP) with one exception. I have a 1600 psi Kranzle which is the Porsche of pressure washers. Very expensive machines, but well worth the extra dough.

What type of pump & engine on the Snap-On?

Some of the Snap-On products are re-badge tools from another line. Their rotary buffer was a grey Dewalt 849 with an added $75 dollar price tag.
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
    Yup, exactly. I doubt you could find a major airline aircraft mechanic that uses anything but Snap-On tools. They are the undisputed champs.

Terrible to see them sell out like this. Either that, or Setec and I are missing out on the finest electric pressure washer made.

Why would this be selling out? All products Costco sells are fairly high quality, or else they wouldn`t have a lifetime return policy on everything (except for electronics, which is understandable).
    BMW E34 530i

BMW E38 740i Sport

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information