Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    They don`t sell it through costco.com. You can only get it in store.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by M3-ADDICT
    Does Costco no carry any electric pressure washers anymore? I can`t seem to find it on their site.

I am not a member at costco but I did stop by the other day, They do not have any right now and it will be months I was told. So I picked one up from walmart. Works just fine. 1800psi, 1.5 gpm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    I am not a member at costco but I did stop by the other day, They do not have any right now and it will be months I was told. So I picked one up from walmart. Works just fine. 1800psi, 1.5 gpm.

Same price?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by M3-ADDICT

In the store they only had Karchers. That is what I bought. $160

Post Thanks / Like
    I would never buy another Karcher product again. Had three different electric PW and all three had issues. Between the cheap hoses, trigger/valves and the pump itself, never again. I should have realized from just looking at it, it was a POS. Example; the water supply hose connection on the unit was plastic. ANY abrupt movement of the hose will break the connection. You would think no problem but to replace the $20 plastic part would be just a matter of unbolting it and replacing it, NOT. You have to disassemble the whole head end of the pump (Which is a nightmare). After it broke the second time I just tossed it in the trash and vowed never again!

I`ve had this unit over a year and it is a pleasure to use and not one problem.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_8885-89654-TF2000_4294857324_4294937087?productId=3044829&pl= 1&currentURL=/pl_Pressure%2BWashers_4294857324_4294937087_?newSe arch=true$ddkey=http:CategoryDisplay

Koz

Post Thanks / Like
    To add to ^^ point, the Snap-On pressure washer connections are solid metal, not plastic, so no worries there of it breaking easily. And once again, I`ll point out pressure washers from Costco > Walmart/Lowes/anywhere strictly because you have a lifetime return policy on pressure washers, not 30 day return policy on those others. It`s mechanical, it`ll break or wear out eventually. Why not cover yourself in the long run.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bkoz
    I would never buy another Karcher product again. Had three different electric PW and all three had issues. Between the cheap hoses, trigger/valves and the pump itself, never again. I should have realized from just looking at it, it was a POS. Example; the water supply hose connection on the unit was plastic. ANY abrupt movement of the hose will break the connection. You would think no problem but to replace the $20 plastic part would be just a matter of unbolting it and replacing it, NOT. You have to disassemble the whole head end of the pump (Which is a nightmare). After it broke the second time I just tossed it in the trash and vowed never again!

I`ve had this unit over a year and it is a pleasure to use and not one problem.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_8885-89654-TF2000_4294857324_4294937087?productId=3044829&pl= 1&currentURL=/pl_Pressure%2BWashers_4294857324_4294937087_?newSe arch=true$ddkey=http:CategoryDisplay

Koz

I read the reviews of the Task Force 2000 PSI 1.6 GPM Electric Pressure Washer on lowes .com. Worst reviews ever. I almost went to get a unit based on what you said above, but I can`t do it now reading all the terrible experiences people are having with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t get one. I was at a warehouse that handles product returns from Costco today and WOW.. skids and skids of returned powerwashers from SnapOn. I asked the mgr and she said its ridiculous the number the get. Never seen anything like it.
    Too many products ... too few cars!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brianrich
    Yes indeed. The Honda ENGINE will last but what about the pump and it`s innards? Do some more homework on the PW`s and you`ll find out that it`s not just the engine that`s involved.

In the store they only had Karchers. That is what I bought. $160

I bought a gas Karcher at Lowes a number of years ago. The Briggs engine ran fine, but after a couple years of occasional use the pump was shot. Apparently letting the engine idle while NOT washing is bad for the pump, unless it`s an expensive pump that has a diverter valve or some such. Do electric pressure washers have this problem?

Only good part was we were able to sell it at a garage sale. Some guy had one with a good pump but his engine quit...
    Lenny

"Still plays with cars."
    `10 Mercedes GL550/`04 BMW 545/`98 Mercedes ML320/`99 BMW 323/`87 VW GTI (race)

Post Thanks / Like
    I read the reviews of the Task Force 2000 PSI 1.6 GPM Electric Pressure Washer on lowes .com. Worst reviews ever. I almost went to get a unit based on what you said above, but I can`t do it now reading all the terrible experiences people are having with it.

If you read the reviews on any of the PWs on that site you will see most of the problems people were having were leaks and silly problems like soap dispenser not working. If brass quick release fittings were used, no more leaks. If they read the instructions they would have realized the soap only dispenses when using the low pressure setting. I read the reviews before I bought the unit and determined most of the complaints were questionable, so I took a chance. I agree with some of the better reviews that most people don`t even read the instruction or have never used a PW. One of the complaints is that the pressurized water only comes out in a pinpoint pattern; if they read the instructions they would have realized you have to turn the end of the nozzle to change the pattern to adjustable fan pattern that works GREAT. This unit also stops if there is a little air in the water supply. Again, if you didn`t read the instructions you would think the unit is broke. I recommended this unit based on many years of using other brands and my experience with this one. I have not had ANY problems with this unit and I use it regularly for car washing, concrete, patio, block walls and siding cleaning. Everything worked fine. You have to take a good look at reviews and balance out the good/bad and determine how bad the bad reviews are.

Koz

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bkoz
    If you read the reviews on any of the PWs on that site you will see most of the problems people were having were leaks and silly problems like soap dispenser not working. If brass quick release fittings were used, no more leaks. If they read the instructions they would have realized the soap only dispenses when using the low pressure setting. I read the reviews before I bought the unit and determined most of the complaints were questionable, so I took a chance. I agree with some of the better reviews that most people don`t even read the instruction or have never used a PW. One of the complaints is that the pressurized water only comes out in a pinpoint pattern; if they read the instructions they would have realized you have to turn the end of the nozzle to change the pattern to adjustable fan pattern that works GREAT. This unit also stops if there is a little air in the water supply. Again, if you didn`t read the instructions you would think the unit is broke. I recommended this unit based on many years of using other brands and my experience with this one. I have not had ANY problems with this unit and I use it regularly for car washing, concrete, patio, block walls and siding cleaning. Everything worked fine. You have to take a good look at reviews and balance out the good/bad and determine how bad the bad reviews are.

Koz

i agree the reviews were posted by a majority of newbie idiots.

ive had no problems so far, i have the new 2000psi snapon, i returned my 1600psi unit because the trigger broke. now i bought a replacement shortened trigger and nozzle along with a gas hose and quick connects at every connection. i got all of the above including the PW for about 250 total. now it feels very solid and i figure i will get LOTS of use from this. even if the brass pump breaks, its going right back to costco for another one lol. i actually would recommend this setup to others. all my old electrics and my gas honda gcv160 by blackmax from sams club all get 2 thumbs down.

unless ur dropping scripts on a camspray electric or a beastly gas honda gx390 or something this is the best pw for the money. trust me, this is my 5th pw. :sosad

Post Thanks / Like
    The Snap-on brand stands for best quality products, best-in-class service, innovation, expertise, premium price, productivity and status. Through a comprehensive licensing program with Alltrade Tools, Snap-on, one of the most prestigious tool brands in the world, is being integrated into multiple aspects of the DIY enthusiast`s and professional contractor`s life.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information