Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol 150 for a snapon pressure washer should say something. I just bought a ratching screwdriver from them for 40 dollars.
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    The snap-on pressure washer is in fact a Karcher. Look on the cover of your directions next to the snap-on is the word made by Karcher, also the gas snap-on model is also a Karcher. They sell both models at my Costco. Not sure if it`s at all stores or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    A pressure washer and the need in detailing is one of great debate. I dont use a pressure washer, but I do dedicate over an hour to what I call a very detailed wash...in prep to begin the detail. This is indeed a topic that is very debatable. I cant fit one in my Cadillac which is my business vehicle. Sometimes I drive over an hour to do work. I like to be comfortable in Summer when it is 90 degreees.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Ha ha, if Snap-On products are being sold at Costco, then they have sold out and it`s a badge-engineered piece of crap.

I second that.
    Do What Is Right, Regardless of What Others Say.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just between us... Costco has a 1 year return policy. Before a year hits, you can always return it.

It says so in the package when you sign up. But don`t quote me on this. :nervous:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Ha ha, if Snap-On products are being sold at Costco, then they have sold out and it`s a badge-engineered piece of crap.

They have badge lower tier products for sale under the Snap-On name, but IME they really aren`t that bad. Don`t expect to get a $300+ pressure washer for $150 but you`ll probably get $150 of value out of this Snap-On madel, if thats what you are looking for. I bought a Snap-On shop vac in Pep Boys for ~$50 (I posted a thread about it a while back) and I`ve had it for a few months now. No problems, it works great and it fits the bill for what I need/expected exactly.

Post Thanks / Like
    it isnt a POS, but its definitely not worthy of the snap on name. it WAS worth the price at costco though and seems to be built better than every single electric pw ive ever seen/owned except the $700+ models.

im gonna keep mine for a few months and also purchase a new gun and foam cannon for it and post a review in 2-3 months.

has anyone purchased a foam cannon? ive been looking at autogeeks one, i like how they offer various adapters. i think this snap on uses the karcher HD. can anyone confirm this? also to those who said the foam gun didnt work well, what foamer did you use? im sure the different brands need different psi to get the right output.

p.s. costco also started selling a plastic snapon 30ft self retracting extension cord with fluorescent worklight attached. lol that seems to be of lesser quality materials than the powerwasher.

Post Thanks / Like
    How loud is it compared to a gas unit?

I have a gas now, and it works great but I`m afraid the noise will piss off my neighbor and also looking for something a bit more portable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes indeed. The Honda ENGINE will last but what about the pump and it`s innards? Do some more homework on the PW`s and you`ll find out that it`s not just the engine that`s involved.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just as an update, I`d like to add that I`ve been lightly using the Snap-On (once every few weeks on average), mostly for the car but also sometimes for the patio. So far it has held up fine. When springtime comes and the bugs start hitting the front of the car again, I`ll be using it more frequently.

I do wish these things had cord reels though. It`s annoying enough to have electricity and water in the same vicinity, but having the cord run on the ground where all the water is makes me more uneasy.

Post Thanks / Like
    well my snap on trigger gun stopped working. felt cheap from the get go. the unit itself appeared pretty good for the price though. funny thing is i returned it after three uses and went to sams club and bought a black max honda 2600 psi 2.3gpm gas unit and it shuts off every 20-30 minutes on its own. dont know if its breaking in still or if i have extremely bad luck with power washers cause this is my 6th unit im trying in less than as many years.

i may go back and re purchase another snap on electric and just buy a new gun and lance for it.

gas units compared to 1800psi and below electrics are deafening. forgot how loud these things are til u use one in a quiet hawaiian valley at 930am hahaha

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought this Snap On washer for $149 at Costco in Nov 09 for washing my vehicles. Used it several times and it worked fine. Note: I have a gas pressure washer (Honda engine) which is far more powerful but much louder, which is why I wanted an electric (lower PSI is fine for cars, less noise for the neighbors).

I went to use the Snap On washer over the weekend and noticed water was leaking from the grip on the gun. Motor would not come on. Returned the unit and got a full refund. Asked the Costco customer service rep if many of these had been returned and was told no. Hesitated on getting a replacement. They had the same unit in stock for $119. Bought it. Got home, hooked it up. Used it for 5 minutes and it worked fine. Shortly after it would not build up pressure, just drizzled water. Took it back today for another refund. I don`t recommend this POS. Waist of my time running back and forth with returns.

Picked up a different model today at Sears. Stanley - Model P1800S-BB. Home Depot has them on sale for $149 with fairly good reviews. Sears matched the price. Will see how this one holds up.

Stay away from the Snap On at Costco.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by prh
    I bought this Snap On washer for $149 at Costco in Nov 09 for washing my vehicles. Used it several times and it worked fine. Note: I have a gas pressure washer (Honda engine) which is far more powerful but much louder, which is why I wanted an electric (lower PSI is fine for cars, less noise for the neighbors).

I went to use the Snap On washer over the weekend and noticed water was leaking from the grip on the gun. Motor would not come on. Returned the unit and got a full refund. Asked the Costco customer service rep if many of these had been returned and was told no. Hesitated on getting a replacement. They had the same unit in stock for $119. Bought it. Got home, hooked it up. Used it for 5 minutes and it worked fine. Shortly after it would not build up pressure, just drizzled water. Took it back today for another refund. I don`t recommend this POS. Waist of my time running back and forth with returns.

Picked up a different model today at Sears. Stanley - Model P1800S-BB. Home Depot has them on sale for $149 with fairly good reviews. Sears matched the price. Will see how this one holds up.

Stay away from the Snap On at Costco.

Any update on your new PW?

Post Thanks / Like
    Been using my Costco Snap-On for a few months now and have had no issues with it so far. Having the peace of mind of being able to return this unit anytime I want really shouldn`t be taken lightly. It also fits perfectly with my Camspray Foamer with no additional adapters needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does Costco no carry any electric pressure washers anymore? I can`t seem to find it on their site.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information