Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Not an in depth long review just a quickie......

Application method: I did a 2x2 section with a damp applicator pad. My apprentice waited ten seconds and wiped off. The product was very easy to get on and off. VERY thin application was practiced. I did half the vehicle with JUST the residual product that was stuck under the cap.

Obervations: It really made the black pigment of the paint work very rich. It also made the flake POP as you will see below. While the gloss characteristics were like a typical sealant, it also had some of the glow that a nuba usually affords... the look was not sterile as some describe sealants.

The sun was out yesterday while polishing but not today for final details & inspection. I wish the sun was out today so you all could see just how brilliant it looked...

Just to show the surface prep of the vehicle that was being worked on- This was the best sun shot mother nature delivered on this overcast day:

Here is the flake popping like I spoke of earlier:

Misc shots:

Post Thanks / Like
    looks great, i want to try some for some time now. i hear it has good swirl and marring hiding capabilities, how did you find it in that department? THANKS FOR THE REVEIW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blucpe
    looks great, i want to try some for some time now. i hear it has good swirl and marring hiding capabilities, how did you find it in that department? THANKS FOR THE REVEIW.

Thanks... I polished the swirls out before hand so I wasn`t able to test any potential filling this may offer..

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this product generally available in the USA now? I haven`t been able to find it have been somewhat "curious" about it.

Thx, and it looks real nice

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tom p.
    Is this product generally available in the USA now? I haven`t been able to find it have been somewhat "curious" about it.

Nope not yet. It currently has to be ordered from the UK. Phil@DetailersDomain was entertaining the idea of of group buy but here was a lack of interest. :aww:

To the OP, what have your experiences been with dirt releasing ability and water spotting. Typical behavior of a sealant or some similarities of `nubas?

Post Thanks / Like
    its a very good product but I doubt it will appeal to all...

I have used it for about 18 months now and primarily for classics where the paint is too thin and/or precious to machine further, yet it needs swirls hiding. With practiced technique 2 layers will hide a lot of marks and it does add a great wet gloss. Application does take some technique and its not a great beader but it is a quality product for those that want what it can offer

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought I stumbled across somebody in Canada selling it??

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought I stumbled across somebody in Canada selling it??

You are correct sir

Products - Autowerkes Exclusive

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by etml12

To the OP, what have your experiences been with dirt releasing ability and water spotting. Typical behavior of a sealant or some similarities of `nubas?

I haven`t had a chance to test dirt release/spotting

Post Thanks / Like
    This is great stuff! I`ve had it for about a month now, got it for my `02 black Tundra. It swirls if you look at it. It is quite different than anything I`ve used previously. Use a wet, not damp, wet foam applicator. Just lightly dab it into the jar and it applies very smoothly. Do no more than a 2x2` section and buff off easily to a wet shine. If you let it dry, its like trying to buff off a dried layer of rubber cement. That`s the only caveat. Don`t let it dry! The shine is outstanding and minor swirls and holos are gone! They say it doesn`t bead. It beads, just not Collinite-type beads. Very slick at first, but the slickness diminishes quickly. The shine, however does not diminish. Quite durable, so far. They are supposedly working on a QD+ topper that will bead if you like that. Also bought the APC and clay. This is good quality stuff, I hope someone will distribute in the US.

Post Thanks / Like

Thx, and it looks real nice

shipping doesn`t look bad :

Bilt-Hamber

am I missing some hidden charge?

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered from Rubbish Boys...it was at my front door in 3 days! Blew my mind! I`ve ordered stuff from Texas, right next door, and had it take 3X longer. Great service!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pootoo12000
    I ordered from Rubbish Boys...it was at my front door in 3 days! Blew my mind! I`ve ordered stuff from Texas, right next door, and had it take 3X longer. Great service!

Yep.. I also order from Ben and the service and shipping speed is incredible... ken from Autowerkes (I linked it above) provides just as great of service... Both triple A vendors!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a great product...i have had it on my truck for a month now. It looks really nice...it poured down rain last night and i walked outside this morning and my truck looks clean still..i didnt look at beating but there arent standing waterspots all over my truck, which means it sheets water well..i was mega impressed with how it still looks even after the rain

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanrossbell
    This is a great product...i have had it on my truck for a month now. It looks really nice...it poured down rain last night and i walked outside this morning and my truck looks clean still..i didnt look at beating but there arent standing waterspots all over my truck, which means it sheets water well..i was mega impressed with how it still looks even after the rain

Did you have to order from the UK, or do we have it here in the US

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information