Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a tin of 476 from Harbor Freight back in December,and I finally got around to applying it on one of my vehicles.

In the tin,The 476 was very hard on top. I used a damp applicator,rubbed some of the product on it,and applied it to the hood. I then noticed that the product had appeared to separate somewhat. I wasn`t sure what to do so I mixed up the 476 as well as I could with a screwdriver and finished the car. Did I screw up? I wasn`t alarmed by the hardness of the wax,but the apparent separation bothered me.

As far as the application and appearance, I was very impressed! It was a little hard to get off even just doing one panel at a time,but not too bad. It`s definitely not as easy to apply and remove as 845 though.

The car is a white 2008 HHR,and I used HTEC with a 4" yellow pad on speed 6after using Mother`s claybar. I followed that with ZPC on speed 6 with an orange pad,and I finished up with the 476. I was impressed with how the combo turned out! The paint is very glossy, has plenty of depth,and is very slick also. I didn`t use Z8 or AW on the entire vehicle because I wanted to test the durability of 476 on it`s own. I did apply AW to a small section of the hatch,and it made the paint incredibly slick.

I`m very impressed by the 476,and I hope the durability is all it`s cracked up to be I was also very impressed by the Mother`s claybar. I`ve used Zain and Clay Magic before,but the Mother`s system worked better in all respects.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 66#1
    ..In the tin,The 476 was very hard on top. I used a damp applicator,rubbed some of the product on it,and applied it to the hood. I then noticed that the product had appeared to separate somewhat. I wasn`t sure what to do so I mixed up the 476 as well as I could with a screwdriver and finished the car. Did I screw up? I wasn`t alarmed by the hardness of the wax,but the apparent separation bothered me...

While it does sound a little weird, I doubt there is any real problem. Mixing it up the way you did was probably a *good* idea :xyxthumbs

It was a little hard to get off even just doing one panel at a time,but not too bad. It`s definitely not as easy to apply and remove as 845 though.

With practice you`ll start putting it on thinner and it`ll buff off easier. But, heh heh, no...not as easily as 845.

The car is a white 2008 HHR,and I used HTEC with a 4" yellow pad on speed 6after using Mother`s claybar. I followed that with ZPC on speed 6 with an orange pad,and I finished up with the 476. I was impressed with how the combo turned out! The paint is very glossy, has plenty of depth,and is very slick also. I didn`t use Z8 or AW on the entire vehicle because I wanted to test the durability of 476 on it`s own. I did apply AW to a small section of the hatch,and it made the paint incredibly slick.

Glad it turned out so well. I find that 476S sheds dirt well and lasts for a long time, but you might want to refresh it/add a second layer after a while. Sometimes there area issues with pseudo-holograms so I`d wait a while before doing it though, not that those should be a huge issue on white.

Thread Information