Thanks to Autogeek, I had a chance to play with the Metro VAC N GO 500 High Performance Hand Vac

Of course, in typical AG fashion, it arrived in a few days and was packed nicely (except for the dang foam peanuts! :down )

Of course, the first thing we have to do is rip into it and take it for a spin in the entry way, no less. :lol Here is what was packed in the box:

The instructions, warranty info, and extra bag aren`t pictured.

Due to the small size, my four year old immediately claimed it as "his"......and then I turned it on. :nervous: The torque of the motor suprised him (and me!) when the unit rolled on it`s side just from switching it on. Hmmmm......impressive already.

After my son and I took the Metro Vac for a spin around the entry way sucking up everything we could find, I went right to the stairs. :think2 "Hey honey, check this out, you don`t need to lug the big vacuum around anymore!" She really wasn`t excited as I was at this time. I thought the long cord and light weight would be perfect for the stairs, especially when it has just as much (or more) suction than our fancy Hoover.

Then I remembered that this was probably a vacuum designed for the cars, so I packed it up for it`s duty in the garage. My friend came over for a detail on his car, so while I was doing some buffing on his Z28, I had him give it a spin for his opinion. He went to town vacuumming out a `68 Barracuda that I`m detailing and was really digging the little vac! We both had reservations about it due to it`s small size, but this thing out performs many larger units.

My friend was trying to scheme a way to bring it home with him as he lives in a town home with a single car garage and has minimal storage space. He doesn`t have room for a big 6 hp shop vac, but this Metro Vac would look right at home on a shelf in his garage he thought.

I got a chance to give it a spin in my Impala SS and was amazed at how easy and portable it is to move around in the interior. I`m used to lugging my big 6hp Craftsmen vacuum around that requires ear plugs, so the Metro Vac was a nice change! I have to take things apart, so I opened it up to check the bag set up and see what kind of crap I had picked up in the bag. I was amazed by some of the larger pebbles in there! Some where bigger than a pencil eraser. (Sorry, no pics. My camera couldn`t focus on them well enough) However, the bag was torn a little on each side when I went to remove it and honestly, I may have made the tear a little bigger trying to remove the bag. I don`t think it is a big deal, but this is a review, so I feel it needs mention. (It did come with an extra bag, too)

Cliff notes for the speed readers:

Good

• Very powerful for it`s size
  • Lightweight
  • Easy to manuever
  • Long power cord (no extension cords necessary)
  • Multiple attachments and extra hose
  • Takes up very little shelf space
  • Relatively quiet

Bad

• Torn bag (not a biggie as I may have made it worse upon removal)
  • My son wants it
  • My wife wants it back in the house for the stairs
  • My friend wants it for his garage
  • Packing peanuts

Overall, I would recommend this for the detailer who has limited storage space, or doesn`t need a wet/dry shop vac. For someone who just maintains one or two vehicles, this is perfect and portable. Don`t scoff at the small size, it will impress you! (get the extra hose and extra bags when you order, too)

Great Father`s day gift, too.

Thanks AG.

Randy