Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    After reading many, many posts here, I am a bit confused on what towels I need and how many.

I am a 1 car at a time guy. I do end up dropping some towels so I know I need to plan high.

From my understanding I need.

Drying Towels

Polish Removing Towels

Wax or LSP removing towels

QD Wipe Towels

Is that it? How many of each would you suggest? Is there a brand that makes a standout towel in a certain category?

Sorry for the noob questions. I also am not looking to start any debate. I just would like opinion since there seems to be a great deal of different ideas.

Thank you,

Chris
    2010 Obsidian Black Lexus RX350 AWD

2005 Mineral Gray Metallic Dodge Durango Limited AWD

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    The softest MF towels you can find and you need as many as your wife will allow you to get.

Post Thanks / Like
    For what it`s worth I go through about 15-20 towels in a total detail. I have some terry cotton towels I use for scrubbing stuff that needs scrubbed and then a bunch of MF towels for wiping stuff that needs wiped. if it hits the ground it`s in the used bin. Find a towel you like and just buy enough to do what you need to do. MF`s are like polishes and waxes... there`s a new "best of the best" coming out almost daily. In reaility most are pretty close in quailty so just pick one or two and go with it. If that helps out at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    it`s nice to have a variety of different microfiber towels for different tasks...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. the basic answer is microfiber and as many as you can afford.

But, its a bit more helpful for me to say "as many different types as you can get".

Generally, whenever I order from one of the online retailers, I just throw in another new towel to try out.

There are some good threads out there about towels. Search and you might find them

Post Thanks / Like
    The recommendation from the Chief over at MOL was to get enough MF`s to be able to have a load of laundry so you didn`t have to wash them with anything else.

I kind of like Microfiber Towels

The Medium Terry 300 are good for general purpose, the Plush Terry 360 are soft for QD`ing, etc. The Edgeless are good for hard to remove waxes, etc. They also have some heavier ones that are newer and I have never tried, but look to be comparable to others of the same weight. Their WW`s are kind of expensive and they don`t have bulk pricing on them anymore. At one time they had a 16x16 WW that was great and decently priced, but they were out of stock for a long time and don`t even seem to have them on the site anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    check out pak shak for good deals on mf towels

Pak shak mf towel sale

Post Thanks / Like
    you can get by with one type of towel. Get a plush quality MF towel as these. 6 to 8 should be fine.

Autogeek ---- Cobra Super-Plush Deluxe Microfiber Towel is 100% microfiber all the way to the edge! Our softest microfiber detailing & buffing towel. use Autopia in the code box and get 10% off.

or

Chemical Guys

MONSTER MICROFIBER JUMBO ABSORBER this is a great value!!!! Stock up!!!

microfiber, microfiber towels, car care products, auto detailing, house cleaning, micro-restore, micro restore, df towels, microfiber

530 xl Microfiber Towel

good shopping
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDRX8
    you can get by with one type of towel. Get a plush quality MF towel as these. 6 to 8 should be fine.

Autogeek ---- Cobra Super-Plush Deluxe Microfiber Towel is 100% microfiber all the way to the edge! Our softest microfiber detailing & buffing towel. use Autopia in the code box and get 10% off.

or

Chemical Guys

MONSTER MICROFIBER JUMBO ABSORBER this is a great value!!!! Stock up!!!

microfiber, microfiber towels, car care products, auto detailing, house cleaning, micro-restore, micro restore, df towels, microfiber

530 xl Microfiber Towel

good shopping

WOW!!! I don`t know much about towels but those Chemical Guys towels look great. And what a sale!

I just ordered

2x MONSTER MICROFIBER EXTREME THICKNESS Microfiber Towel W/Black Silk Edges [16x16] (3 Pack)

1x BIG MONSTER MICROFIBER EXTREME THICKNESS Microfiber Towel W/Black Silk Edges [17x24] (3 Towels)

I am still looking for a towel to remove polish but I think these towels should work for my Drying, Wax Removal, Buffing, and QD`ing. Correct?

My wife is going to kill me. It just seemed like a good deal. Am i wrong?
    2010 Obsidian Black Lexus RX350 AWD

2005 Mineral Gray Metallic Dodge Durango Limited AWD

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VForce

My wife is going to kill me. It just seemed like a good deal. Am i wrong?

No your not wrong. You can do it all with what you bought. If you don`t like them I`ll buy them from you.

Good luck, hope your wife does not kill you
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Amazon.com: Meguiar`s Dry and Shine Kit: Automotive

This seems like a quick way to get a basic kit going for your personal use ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Pep Boys has some very plush MF green towels. Big ones too.

Under $10 each. I bought 4 of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VForce
    I am still looking for a towel to remove polish but I think these towels should work for my Drying, Wax Removal, Buffing, and QD`ing. Correct?

I have a bunch of those towels; they`re fine. I think that CG`s standout towel is the El Gordo. It`s not a high-knapp towel, but it`s very soft, absorbent, durable, and easy to handle and work with. It`s relatively inexpensive as a bonus. I have at least a hundred and fifty MFs, probably more, ranging from Dollar Store el-cheapos to Monster Fluffys, Ultimas, Ubers, Sonus`, 600g Cobras, DTs, etc. I just ordered another 12 El Gordos. That`s how good they are. FWIW, they look fairly unimpressive until after they`re washed.

These are a good deal:

eBay Store ? Candie`s eStore: Search results for.

I bought the yellow/black border to try out and they seem identical to the yellow/black MFs that I got from CG a couple of years ago. I can`t tell a difference. The blue ones look like the towels currently sold by CG, but I haven`t tried them to be sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    as a noobe the best advice I can give you is STAY AWAY FROM

DF CONCOURS TOWELS (Leo)...you wont ever get them, I hav`nt!:furious:

sorry....I just had to say it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by camaroDan
    as a noobe the best advice I can give you is STAY AWAY FROM

DF CONCOURS TOWELS (Leo)...you wont ever get them, I hav`nt!:furious:

sorry....I just had to say it.

Perhaps that`s a stroke of luck. The batch of DF towels that I got a couple of years ago are micro-marring the paint. At least you won`t have to go through a full 2-step polish only to find out that another polishing session was required to get rid of the marring caused by removing the LSP with DF. At this point, I only use them on the interior.

Sorry to go on a rant; your situation must be very frustrating, as well. Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information