Post Thanks / Like
    I got a little carried away and started trying all my car wax stuff on a few items in the kitchen. This should be in no way interpreted as how well the products behave on car paint.

Stainless Steel pot lid. Washed off all the grease with combination of dishwasher using cascade complete, dissolving with Dawn power dissolver, scrubbing with barkeepers friend, and finishing off with dawn. It finally looked clean.

Glass pot lid. Washed in dishwasher, used barkeepers friend, dawn washed, finished at the end with invisible glass.

Both pieces at this point would completely sheet water on the surface if they got completely wet.

So I applied these products to sections of each lid, one layer only. Waited 1 hour and removed the ones that need to be removed.

-Ultima Tire and Trim Guard Plus

-Ultima Paint Guard Plus

-Finish Kare 1000p

-Finish Kare 2180

-Finish Kare 215

-476s

-Mothers Reflections

-Mothers Liquid Carnauba

-Dupont Ion

-Wolfgang Plastik Sealant

To the glass lid, I also applied these products

-Diamondite Shield

-Diamondite Glassworks Shield

I waited 3 days after applying all the products then began testing.

Stainless Steel:

-Rinsed with water, no beading on some of the products at all already, in fact, the the two ultima products are the only one you could tell were really beading. Even 1000p was slow to break the water film.

-Washed it in the sink like I was washing it as some dishes, trying to just use the foam from the detergent to be mild. After that, nothing beaded except the two ultima products. It seemed like every other product was gone

-Sent it through the diswasher with cascade complete a few times. Amazing, the Ultima was still there. The UPGP sample was not beading as well, after the multiple washes, but the UTTGP was still exactly the same!

Glass:

-Rinsed with water, two ultimas immediately released their water, so two clear blobs would form on the glass. Every other part took a while for the water film to dissipate. Did some testing with a mister to see beading. Only the 2 ultima parts beaded water. Nothing else would bead the water strongly, even the glass specific products. Other than Ultima, none of the products look like they can bond well with glass. In fact, of the FK products, FK215 performed the best, FK2180 was pretty much nothing, as is FK1000p. 476s looks like it won`t bead water either in this situation. The strongest performing products in this was the two ultima products, then a distant third is the wolfgang plastik sealant, and FK215. Pretty much everything else you wouldn`t think there is any product there except if you cover the whol lid with water, then watch as it breaks it shows some outlines over some of the products. Though most of them also show spots of water remaining over them that were very flat, so not beads of any sort.

-Went through the dishwasher. 2 Ultima`s still immediately repelling the water, everything else looks done.

Conclusion:

UTTGP and UPGP is incredible for use on glass and stainless steel. It can stand up to multiple dishwasher enzyme based detergent washings without failing. Incredible! UTTGP seems more durable than UPGP on these surfaces, it beads stronger at least. However, UTTGP leaves streaks, or at least a visible coating on the surface that makes it obvious it`s there. Aesthetically that might not be good. But the durability is outstanding. UPGP left less of itself visibly behind.

Now my next test, seeing if UTTGP helps release cooked on grease better for much easier washing. I`m also receiving Fuzion and DGPS 3.0 soon so I`ll see if those fare any better than all the other products which didn`t really pass even test #1.

Post Thanks / Like
    so how does it taste?

this just does not sound like a smart idea .......but best of luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. I think the whole Ultima line is great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I`m not putting it on interior surfaces, just exterior surfaces where any runoff would not go back into the pot. I`ve also got the stove covered with UPGP it for a few months already. Super slick and much easier to clean-up than before. Without constant UV bombardment of outdoor conditions, this stuff could last forever indoors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, I hope you dont have pets or Kids!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJimZ28
    so how does it taste?

this just does not sound like a smart idea .......but best of luck!

I bet it`s pretty good on Hamburgers. Ketchup has nothing on Ultima. :chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    i was thinking of using collinite #845 that i just ordered on my shower doors and see how that holds up

Post Thanks / Like
    Im thinking of putting #476 or s100 on my iphone. The back feels just like a clearcoated car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 6ces
    Im thinking of putting #476 or s100 on my iphone. The back feels just like a clearcoated car.

Don`t do it. Will keep sliding out of your hands and falling.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to properly protect an iPhone or similar such item, check out Zagg.com. I have been using their products for a couple years with excellent results. Best in class IMO.

I like that they are easy to apply (just be patient), easy to clean, easy to remove if you ever need to, extremely durable, and do not interfere with my iTouch or Garmin touch surface based controls.
    Good driving and good listening!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good call knucklebuckett. I have a protector for the front screen, ima look into buying a cover for the back since thats what gets scrathched.

Also everyone, try using 303 on your shoes, works real well.

Post Thanks / Like
    In the kitchen ? seems like a waste of Ultima to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dervdave
    In the kitchen ? seems like a waste of Ultima to me.

With the rate that ultima gets used up on the cars, and the seemingly limited shelf life it has, not using it around the home just means more of it not getting used before it goes bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quit using detailing products in the kitchen. You`re mental...like me. I used some car wax, I forget what now, NXT I think, on my fridge when it was new. Everything thereafter that was hung with a magnet immediately slid down to the floor. My wife now loves to tell that story to demonstrate how detailing obsessed I was at the time. Since having two kids I don`t have the time to be as Autopian as I would like!
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Thread Information