Thread: PC 7424 Kit

Post Thanks / Like
    O.K. guys, I need help on this one badly. After reading and surfing the net I have made up my mind to go with the PC7424 to start learning to detail. Now I have been looking at the combo kits that Autogeek.net sell with the PC. My only problem as a novice is what package do I go with? I don`t know whats size pad is best for the PC nor the product that I really should be learning with. So I hope today I can gain some input on the right kit to buy. Or is there other site/places i should checkout to buy my stuff?

All and any Input is valued as off now

here the link Porter Cable 7424 Dual Action Polisher - dual action orbital car polisher, car care kits, buffer kits, PC 7424, porter cable detailing machine

Post Thanks / Like
    OK so I have been doing some reading it seem that the flex is the better choice. So with that said, any input on the kit I should go with?

Post Thanks / Like
    Get a kit with Menzerna polishes. What kind of car and color and condition of your paint?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy99
    Get a kit with Menzerna polishes. What kind of car and color and condition of your paint?

I`m just starting out so, I have a dark green camry that im going to start with first

Post Thanks / Like
    How`s the paint? Any pictures? Polishes come in different grades as do pads. No point in buying something that you don`t need.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy99
    How`s the paint? Any pictures? Polishes come in different grades as do pads. No point in buying something that you don`t need.

Well the paint has heavy oxidation on the roof and hood. I was looking to buy at least 1 of each pad just to have them in stock. I figured I might as well buy them and get it out of the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Same ol` same ol`...I oughta start a thread some day...

For correction via PC, you can`t beat 4" pads. I`d skip most all the "kits" on the market and just set up a PC with a small backing plate and some 4" pads. Larger ones are OK for paint cleaners/glazes/LSPs but I never got anywhere trying to correct paint with `em (even with M105).

Post Thanks / Like
    Get the Flex.... Much better product. YouTube - Flex XC 3401 VRG vs. Porter Cable 7424
    MDRX8

Thread Information