Post Thanks / Like
    so is there any real difference between the two? everywhere i go here they have both tech wax and the newer 2.0 but they`re both the same price, i really want a more synthetic wax to lay down before i put my carnuaba on top but idk which one of these is really better, i`ll most likely be using the liquid wax either way tho for convienence

Post Thanks / Like
    i`ve been using the 2.0 on a lot of my clients and lay it over with carnauba and it looks marvelous

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, my gf and her family are going on vacation so as a surprise i`m going to wash there black colorado, remove a scratch thats been annoying them and wax it, but i wanna lay a synthetic before i put the nuba on there

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw a difference too. Newer version is much better.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the general consensus is that NXT 2 is much bettre than the first version. Better durability, looks, beading, and application.

They still sell NXT 1 at my Kmart....

Post Thanks / Like
    2.0 has a somewhat richer look, stays slick longer and beads better. Really nice OTC wax.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdt
    I think the general consensus is that NXT 2 is much bettre than the first version. Better durability, looks, beading, and application.

They still sell NXT 1 at my Kmart....

My local Target, which is very busy, still sells the original NXT as well. It sits right next to 2.0 and all of the 2009 products. Damn thing is, people keep buying it and they keep restocking it. I`m not sure where they`re even getting it from.

PS, they sell it for the same price as 2.0. Odd.
    Will

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah thats why i have the delima, they`re both like 16.99 everywhere around here but i didn`t wanna get one and the other be better in some way...thanks...also, how would this look on my white truck with a coat of carnauba overtop of it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonsfavson
    My local Target, which is very busy, still sells the original NXT as well. It sits right next to 2.0 and all of the 2009 products. Damn thing is, people keep buying it and they keep restocking it. I`m not sure where they`re even getting it from.

PS, they sell it for the same price as 2.0. Odd.

I believe they have the same bar code.

Same as how the Mother`s 2-clay bar kit is the same price as their discontinued 1-bar kit

Post Thanks / Like
    Just get the 2.0 version and don`t even worry about topping it. 2.0 has a superb look on its own.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you need to strip 3-4 week old wax like CMW, or Pinnacle Souveran before applying NXT 2.0? If so, could I just use Meguiars paint cleaner or something similar.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think people still buy regular NXT cause they like the tripped out litte rx7 on the bottle :-p... Im a big user of the NXT 2.0, I rarly see original NXT around anymore?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, use a paint cleaner or micro polish any time you change waxes. Some people just wash it with Dawn dish washing soap which definitely gets wax off but is pretty caustic.

I have mixed feelings about NXT (2.0). Didn`t look that great on my dark metallic gray Mazda, and the first time I washed it, most of it seemed to vanish - using their own car wash to clean it! Moved on to high end products and get better results.

But I had a new tin of it along with the NXT quick detailer, and it looks really amazing on my wife`s dark blue metallic Lexus. Just gorgeous. Probably helps that Lexus uses better paint...

Still the same problem after weekly washings though, much of the depth and gloss goes away. Fortunately, the matching QD spray brings it all back. So basically, it`s a 2 step process when I wash my wife`s car.

Or at least it is until it runs out. Then I`m switching over to what I use on my car. There`s much better stuff out there, guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kwsmithphoto
    Yes, use a paint cleaner or micro polish any time you change waxes. Some people just wash it with Dawn dish washing soap which definitely gets wax off but is pretty caustic.

What`s your reasoning here? Many times I`ll just layer different waxes on one another with no apparent ill effects. I can see if you`re putting a sealant on or something of nature, but in most cases, it`s not necessary to strip old waxes prior to applying new ones.
    Will

Post Thanks / Like
    It just makes sense to me, so you can really evaluate what the look and properties are of a product without confusion.

Also, it doesn`t seem like a good idea to put a synthetic wax over a carnuba wax.

Besides, it`s not hard to do, especially if you go the dish soap route.

Thread Information