Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys, I`m a newbie in detailing industry/hobby. I decided to go with either Meguiar`s G110 or PC7424 DA (some people suggest me to wait for PC 7424xp to come). I don`t know if I should wait for the new PC 7424xp because ADS offers good combo on their G110.

Questions:

1. Which DA should I go with?

I also learned from some detailers that M105 and M205 are really great in 2 stage polishing to remove swirls and scratches. I was originally wanting to buy Klasse Glaze but after knowing the buy 3 get 1 free offer from Meguiar`s, I`m thinking to use it to buy my wax/sealant.

Question:

2. What meguiar`s wax/sealant that can be comparable to Klasse Glaze in term of the final result quality and durability?

I also looking for all purpose cleaner to clean my engine bay, wheels and all grease that sticks on my car.

Questions:

3. Should I go with Meguiar`s D101, D103 or D108?

4. Are they harmful for the paint?

I also want to polish my windshield and possibly help my friends` car that has scratches on their windshield.

Questions:

5. Can I use my DA to polish glass? If I can, what pad/foam/applicator should I use with it?

6. What chemical do I have to use?

7. What are the steps for glass polishing and sealing?

I know that I have a lot of questions to ask here. I would like to thank to everyone that can help me with it in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow thats quite a tall order going on there. Lets see:

1. Megs G110. Ive really enjoyed this machine. It has several advantages over the PC and is competitively priced as well.

2. Well NXT 2, and M21 would be the similar ones in Meg`s lineup

3. D103.

4. If you dillute them properly and dont let them dwell for a long time on the paint, it should be alright.

5. Yes you *can* however, if you are wanting to remove scratches etc, you may have a harder time with a DA. There is a thread by TH001 that explains how to polish glass.

6. The kit that TH001 used came with Cernium Oxide. (IIRC) Heres a link to the kit Professional Glass Polishing System

7. Answered in the TH001 thread. Upon searching for it, it wasnt showing up anymore, possibly as a result of all the drama surrounding him.

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdt

7. Answered in the TH001 thread. Upon searching for it, it wasnt showing up anymore, possibly as a result of all the drama surrounding him.

Good luck

Is this it?

Glass Polishing and Scratch Removal: Review and Instructions using Lake Country kit - Detailing World
    [quote name=`ptaylor_9849`] Black is not a color, it`s a part time job. Patrick[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep! Good find. I didnt think about looking on DW.

I forgot to mention earlier, that one of the best places to get Meguiars products is at www.autodetailingsoultions.com You can get sample sizes of the 105/205 if you want.

Post Thanks / Like
    1. I`m on the fence on this one. The PC7424 is a pretty good DA buffer and holds up well, even in a professional enviroment. The G110 has more power and IMO is a bit smoother, however, durability has been an issue. My first one died halfway through the 2nd detail I used it on, the second one lasted about 12 cars. The third one (which was from the latest batch) seems to be holding up well after several cars. If you can find one made after February 2009, you should be good to go.

2. Meguiars #21 should work fine.

3/4. Haven`t used any of the Meguiars APCs but Optimum Power Clean is an excellent APC and wheel, paint, vinyl, leather and fabric safe.

5. I`d use a cutting pad on glass to clean it as deeply as possible, then switch to a polishing pad.

6. I normally use Optimum Compound followed by Poli-Seal and finished with Clearkote`s Quikshine. Here is a video I made of water running off my windshield after using Poli-Seal and Quikshine:

YouTube - Rain beading on glass

7. See #6
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys... I really appreciate your comments. Yeah, I heard about G110 too. I think I would wait for couple more weeks until PC 7424XP come out and if the price is reasonable enough, I might try that instead.

However, ADS package of G110 just so tempting. For $169, you can get:

- Meguiar`s G110 Polisher with 1-year factory warranty

- One Meguiar`s W67DA Velcro backing plate

- Two Meguiar`s W8207 Foam Polishing Pad

- One Meguiar`s W9207 Foam Finishing Pad

- 3-Pack of Meguiar`s Supreme Shine Microfiber Towels

- One FREE Meguiar`s Duffle Bag!

- One FREE Meguiar`s M20512 Ultra Finishing Polish!

Do you think it`s worth it for the money of that G110 package or I can get the same thing for the same amount of money with PC later on? Well, the new PC has no price yet, so still speculation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Far more people have no problems then do have problems with the G110- BUT, you never know which one you will get.

I`ve had no issues in several months...including some large projects like working on airplanes.

I doubt the XP will be available with a value anywhere close to the ADS package, but it is up to you for waiting to see or not...

Post Thanks / Like
    ^ How easy to get a replacement from Meguiar`s? Do you have to pay the shipping cost to send it to them or how it works?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoTheDetailer
    ^ How easy to get a replacement from Meguiar`s? Do you have to pay the shipping cost to send it to them or how it works?

It`s incredibly easy. I think people generally pay the shipping to send it in, but they include some goodies (usually pads or something like that) in the free return shipped package to compensate you. It`s as quick and painless as possible. When people do have issues, they always end up posting on MOL saying how awesome the customer service was.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now I`m confused whether to get G110 or 7424XP. I think I should create another thread to battle those two and keep this thread for chemical solution comments.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoTheDetailer

I`ve got a local Meguiars distributor so I just swap them out. Sucks if it dies in the middle of a detail but they`ve been great about exchanging them.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    tools-plus.com will be selling the pc 7424xp for 106.00 plus 6.50 for shipping !! i know what ill be buying in may!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by onceaweekwaxer
    tools-plus.com will be selling the pc 7424xp for 106.00 plus 6.50 for shipping !! i know what ill be buying in may!!

Are they a good trusted seller?

Post Thanks / Like
    In term of wax/sealant after polishing with M105 and M205, do I need to put both Klasse AIO and KSG or just one is fine. Which one is better, Klasse (either AIO and SG) or Meg`s M21 or M20?

What should I use for tire dressing? Any all in one product that I can use in other parts too, aside from tire?

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a g110, and love it...

A lot of these questions have been asked already.. Remember to use the search button, and just browse all of the threads..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information