Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lecchilo
    Yea M07 looks nice and all but what if you spill a few drops on your garage floor or the driveway while applying? Or WORSE, if you have a bottle of M07 sitting on the floor and you knock it over and it spills like 6oz!! Do you have a water and waste reclamation system or will you simply wash it down the drain and ruin my life and the life of my children?!

Oh, good heavens, no! I am not capable of making such a decision. I will leave it to the government, as they obviously have far better common sense than I do. I will leave the spill there until appropriate legislation has been passed to tell me exactly how to clean it up, and where to take it for disposal. Whether or not cleaning up this spill in the way in which the law is enacted is harder on the environment makes no difference; I`m not mentally capable of making such a drastic decision. So you and your children can sigh a big breath of relief; your gov`t will regulate such action down to how often you can even wash your clothes.:lol

Edit: for those of you wondering if Lecchilo and I are serious, absolutely not. We`re just poking jest at a recent thread. Lecchilo and I are good friends, really.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
    Oh, good heavens, no! I am not capable of making such a decision. I will leave it to the government, as they obviously have far better common sense than I do. I will leave the spill there until appropriate legislation has been passed to tell me exactly how to clean it up, and where to take it for disposal. Whether or not cleaning up this spill in the way in which the law is enacted is harder on the environment makes no difference; I`m not mentally capable of making such a drastic decision. So you and your children can sigh a big breath of relief; your gov`t will regulate such action down to how often you can even wash your clothes.:lol

My government loves me and earth!

EDIT: I`m dead serious idk what you`re smoking
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason M
    Those wanting to get white to look wet should really give it a try. My garage queen is white and I rarely do anything to the paint that doesn`t end with #7 before LSP.

I was wondering how it would look on white. I have #5 New Car glaze, i used it on my streetbike, didnt really notice anything special, but it would be my lack of knowledge. It was wierd seeing a green liquid come out.

Im going to do a full detail on my white corolla tomorrow using M80, m82, and want to use either woflgang dgps or Poorboys ex-p. Maybe I will do half the car with the #5 then either fuzion or collinite.

Would like to see if the glaze does anything for the white.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    My government loves me and earth!

EDIT: I`m dead serious idk what you`re smoking

Oh, good heavens, smoking is bad for you! Oh wait, actually, if it was bad for me and the environment, wouldn`t the gov`t ban smoking? Oh wait, not if there`s big money to be made in it. Sorry, forgot about that.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 02zx9r
    I was wondering how it would look on white. I have #5 New Car glaze, i used it on my streetbike, didnt really notice anything special, but it would be my lack of knowledge. It was wierd seeing a green liquid come out.

Im going to do a full detail on my white corolla tomorrow using M80, m82, and want to use either woflgang dgps or Poorboys ex-p. Maybe I will do half the car with the #5 then either fuzion or collinite.

Would like to see if the glaze does anything for the white

Thanks

The half and half idea sounds like a good plan. I haven`t personally used it on white, but I would think that it should add some noticeable gloss. It would be interesting to see how a hybrid LSP (like Fuzion or the Collinites) works over a very oily glaze like this. Hopefully it won`t degrade the durability too much.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a black single stage paint job right now, so I bought some #7. Applied it via PC, thinly and it harden up??? Was a B Ich to remove, so I use the PC with the residue to help the process. After removal it looked oily, I wiped and wiped but still looks oily (like slight halos). I applied 845 over it and wiped it off, the trunk looks like someone smeared vasoline on it. I`m frustrated now. I will do a ONR wipe down tomorrow and see if that clears it up.

Help...........

Cheers,

GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you shake it up properly?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols
    I have a black single stage paint job right now, so I bought some #7. Applied it via PC, thinly and it harden up??? Was a B Ich to remove, so I use the PC with the residue to help the process. After removal it looked oily, I wiped and wiped but still looks oily (like slight halos). I applied 845 over it and wiped it off, the trunk looks like someone smeared vasoline on it. I`m frustrated now. I will do a ONR wipe down tomorrow and see if that clears it up.

Help...........

Cheers,

GREG

Sounds like you didn`t apply it as thin as you thought. When they say a few dime-sized drops on a pad, they (almost) literally mean 2 or three and no more than 5. Too, you may be working on too large of an area & the product "thickens" up becoming VERY hard to work with.

Suggestion 1: Reread the post from Mike Phillips & the part about how it stays oily forever and it takes several passes to remove the excess #7

Suggestion 2: Shrink your work area...don`t try to go so fast & cover too big of an area all at once.

Suggestion 3: Cut WAAAAY back on the amount of #7 you`re using...it`s much easier to add a little bit at a time until you reach the proper amount than it is to cut back when you`re using too much.

Suggestion #4: When getting frustrated, step back, have a smoke (if you smoke) grab a cold one of your choice (adult beverage or soda) chill out & think the problem through..come inside & check the boards for similar occurances.

If none of the above work, dump the bottle of #7 over your head & run naked down the street. It won`t help your detailing issues, but you won`t have to deal with them for a while either...24 - 72 hours is the usual time a Psych Evaluation takes at the local hospital. :chill:
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Don M

Suggestion 1: Reread the post from Mike Phillips & the part about how it stays oily forever and it takes several passes to remove the excess #7

Suggestion 2: Shrink your work area...don`t try to go so fast & cover too big of an area all at once.

Suggestion 3: Cut WAAAAY back on the amount of #7 you`re using...it`s much easier to add a little bit at a time until you reach the proper amount than it is to cut back when you`re using too much.

Suggestion #4: When getting frustrated, step back, have a smoke (if you smoke) grab a cold one of your choice (adult beverage or soda) chill out & think the problem through..come inside & check the boards for similar occurances.

If none of the above work, dump the bottle of #7 over your head & run naked down the street. It won`t help your detailing issues, but you won`t have to deal with them for a while either...24 - 72 hours is the usual time a Psych Evaluation takes at the local hospital. :chill:

Suggestion #6: Use a different glaze.

I have some and don`t use it very often. It is tricky sometimes.
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Greg, that was exactly my frustration when I tried to use it back in the `80`s. Hence the title of this thread. I was trying to use it on single stage paints, too.

It appears that the real solution to the problem is the "two handed" method; have the applicator in one hand, and the MF to remove the residue in the other. Now do a Karate Kid "Wax on.... Wax off".... apply and then almost simultaneously remove the residue. It should look pretty oily after removal. Don`t stress about the oil giving you kind of a halo or `gram look. That`ll go away after an hour or two.

Man, I`m gonna feel bad if this doesn`t work out for you, as I was the one that convinced you to give it a shot.

I`m going with the wife and kids to an Easter egg hunt this morning, but I`ll make sure I have my cell phone with me. Please call me... let me know how it`s going and if there`s anything I can do to help.

Edit: If you can`t get the 7 to work for you, you might want to try going over the car with RMG via PC. I would *think* that RMG would be able to fix the mess left from #7.

Post Thanks / Like
    #7 requires a technique for sure. I thiny apply it to a section and remove with a cotton towel then wipe again with a MF. Any slight streaking or oilyness seems to be taken care of with the LSP application for me. I also use multiple pads for application as they tend to get too oily and cause the glaze to get too thick.

I still use this regularly on my SS 91 Red MR2 prior to shows and it makes the paint look wet like it has just been sprayed.

Post Thanks / Like
    For those of you looking for something that makes white paint POP, I suggest you try Danase Wet Glaze. It`s just awesome on white.

#7 is fine on white, but the Danase is better and so easy to apply and remove. Plus, it`s cheap.

For the guy above who`s having problems with #7 on his black single stage paint, have you prepped the paint prior to applying the #7? I mean, have you compouned it to remove swirls and oxydized paint? If not, dead paint really sucks up #7 and makes it streaky and hard to remove.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Well weather here today sucks so I am trapped inside and decided to revisit #7 on my black 350Z. Here are my observations for application and removal.

I applied it very thin and immediately removed it. To let it dry is a big "no no" and made it a major PITA to remove.

I applied it to several panels and decided to top with a couple diff nubas. I tried Natty`s Red over top of #7 and the look is killer. It looks like I dipped the finish in oil. I tried topping with Souveran and found the Natty`s panels looked better.

Go figure...My guess is that they Natty`s Red side looks better due to the fact that it has alot of oils.

Edit...guess I know what I will be doing the rest of the day
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx
    Well weather here today sucks so I am trapped inside and decided to revisit #7 on my black 350Z. Here are my observations for application and removal.

I applied it very thin and immediately removed it. To let it dry is a big "no no" and made it a major PITA to remove.

I applied it to several panels and decided to top with a couple diff nubas. I tried Natty`s Red over top of #7 and the look is killer. It looks like I dipped the finish in oil. I tried topping with Souveran and found the Natty`s panels looked better.

Go figure...My guess is that they Natty`s Red side looks better due to the fact that it has alot of oils.

That`s another great description that eluded me.

Glad it`s workin` for ya, Pat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t let that hold you back... a lot of people are simply used to swirl marks, and when we see 85% perfect, they see 100%... not only that, but if they`re regular clients you can keep hiding the swirls with something when they come back for a wash & wax... obviously I`m saying this considering you actually share your intentions with the client and tell them you`d rather hide some of the swirls than remove more paint... sometimes it`s simply necessary

I guess my OCD kicks in but you`re right, communication is key

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator

While it might not`ve hidden the holograms, it generally *does* do a fair amount of concealing IME, guess it just depends on what you`re working with (esp. b/c vs. ss) and who`s doing the evaluating.

When I wanted to do *something* to spruce up an old (ss lacquer) Jag I was flipping, I did a pretty incredible makeover using *only* #7. Temporary to say the least, but it sure did the trick. I *do* suppose that situation was primarily a matter of the old ss lacquer though... :think:

Heh heh, good thing this week is almost over; that makes *THREE* times you and I have been on opposite sides of the fence :nervous:

Yeah, we`re suddenly coming full-circle here! I`m just waiting for somebody to rave about how IHG topped with Blitz is the New Hotness; at that point Autopia will be right back where it was when I first started lurking here. Kinda surprises me with all the newfangled products on the market, but then again when something simply *works* then I guess it`s no big mystery.

Good heavens, doing a huge beast like that with a pure polish/Souveran combo OK, even if it *was* just one panel, as a YukonXL owner the idea still made an impression on me.

I have to tackle the Yukon XL panel by panel, it takes way too much time to do the whole thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx

I think I`m going to try several different nuba`s on each test panel. I did Souveran, and I have Natty`s Blue and Red, P21S 100%, Collinite 476, Megs #16 and some Fuzion
    2007 F350 4x4 Crew Cab Diesel

2008 Black Yukon Denali XL

2008 Crimson Red 335i (sold)

Reflection Detailing

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information