Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    off topic:

that beer thread, from a while back is it still around?

Post Thanks / Like
    David - with all due respect, what factual information are you basing this ban on? I don`t see any proof to this allegation. Todd`s # was openly available to anyone clicking on his homepage link that displayed in his avatar prior to his ban.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Charlotte, NC (actually Iron Station, NC)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have always found Todd to be an honest guy. When he was doing the Dodo stuff a while back, he even stated that affiliation in his signature. I have spoken with him on the phone, as well as at Detail Fest last Saturday, and then at the hotel Sunday morning. We discussed many methods, and products, and there is no doubt in my mind that he is not EXTREMELY knowledgable, and that the cars he posts are as great in person as they appear in his photos.
    Ridding the world of swirls, one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jdoria
    Valid.

But money talks and bullsht walks.

If CMA is willing to pay him to promote product, good for him.

It just pays to be upfront about it.

I`m fairly new to the forum but noticed early on that Todd frequently used an item which was sold by a company in close proximity to him. I had my suspicions but I wasn`t too concerned. I looked more into the quality of the work than the product used. Actually, I was more disappointed when I learned that FMJ is not from Germany. (Kinda like when I learned Santa wasn`t real) Sorry kids. That being said, I`m still not too concerned about any association of Todd with CMA. I enjoy his posts. And I buy product from CMA. He does good work and they treat me right. I don`t really care for the Blackfire sealant but whatever.....Life goes on. Let`s all have fun waxing a car this weekend. Cheers!

:xyxthumbs
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like
    , and there is no doubt in my mind that he is not EXTREMELY knowledgable, and that the cars he posts are not as great in person as they appear in his photos.[/QUOTE]

What?

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow!!! This is sad...

But indeed Autopia is a very powerful tool/weapon.

For companies and individuals.

Charlotte, NC (actually Iron Station, NC)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by termigator
    , and there is no doubt in my mind that he is not EXTREMELY knowledgable, and that the cars he posts are not as great in person as they appear in his photos.

What?[/QUOTE]

Edited it - meant to say that I believe the cars ARE as great in person as in the phots....SORRY - lol
    Ridding the world of swirls, one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow so many things I want to say on here. But I keep asking myself what good would it do? Looks like Todd is about to go down the "Holden alley".

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakerooni
    Wow so many things I want to say on here. But I keep asking myself what good would it do? Looks like Todd is about to go down the "Holden alley".

This is definately at the top of your most foolish comments list Jake. It`s like comparing apples to monkeys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    That was the dear departed Bill D`s line "it`s only wax and polish"

Ah yes, BillD. Wow, it`s been a while. :sadwavey:

"pick em` like fruit" will be his lasting contribution to choosing sheepskin mitts at Wally World.
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani

Could that person be Brian Brice? I know you & Brian converse quite often. If so, I think your light could be severely tainted. Care to tell us more of the conversation that took place.

So then you understand why I did not post anything I`ve been told, right? I know of Todd and Brian`s relationship. I`ve talked to Todd a couple times as well, seems like a pretty good guy. Same with Brian.

Just curious, how do you know who I talk to? Seems really odd you would know I have talked to Brian even at all. I didn`t realize my phone conversations were all that interesting. :nixweiss

FWIW, I talk to Ryan (rydawg) more than anyone else on Autopia and the goings on here are probably what we talk about the least. :secret

Most of the conversations I have had with fellow autopians center about collectively working towards being better detailers. We shouldn`t be looking suspiciously at each other, but instead looking for ways to become better at our jobs and elevate our profession in the public`s eye.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    This is definately at the top of your most foolish comments list Jake. It`s like comparing apples to monkeys.

Not at all dave. There is no comparison to work and skill level obviously. The comment was simply put that Todd is being "put under the bus" so to speak and railroaded like Holden was. Such a shame that it appears even with top skills that no one is excluded from the lynch mob that ensues on here from time to time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, but with Holden there was proof to substantiate the claims against him.....

And, I haven`t noticed any lynch mobs either.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just started this week there, so please lighting up, this helps put food on the table for my family. I would like to thank AG for having Mike and his roadshow class here in Florida, so much great information comes from him and what a great person he is. I think everyone who has the time should go to at least one of his class`s and see for yourself. Thank you Autopia for having me here all these years and all to it`s great member`s too..........Angelo Retired USAF ......:usa
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakerooni
    Not at all dave. There is no comparison to work and skill level obviously. The comment was simply put that Todd is being "put under the bus" so to speak and railroaded like Holden was. Such a shame that it appears even with top skills that no one is excluded from the lynch mob that ensues on here from time to time.

What lynch mob? It appears to me that all his friends and fellow autopians have got his back. Most everyone (that knows anything) is questioning why he was banned, etc. Then there are those of us that know nothing who are just anxiously reading every post, hoping that Todd will be exonerated, and don`t want to add to the mayhem. Sure, there`s a few peeps around here that didn`t/don`t like Todd; I`m sure the same can be said for *every* member here, but for the most part, I think we`re all supporting him. In fact, I kinda doubt this whole "Where`s Todd`s Thread" thread would have even been started for just your run-of-the-mill Autopian. It takes someone that is very respected and important to the community to generate this kind of response and support.

Out of 14 pages of posts, I`m seeing a very, very few people that have been anything other than supportive of Todd.

Well, I said far more than I planned on, so I`ll shut up now.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread Information