Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think anyone has mentioned Lake Country Kompressor 7 inch Foam Pads.

I been using these for my detailing. I really like these pads.

First they fit perfect on the Flex Backing Plate. They hold the product . Like the curve edges. Easy to clean. NICE !!!

Lake Country Kompressor Foam Buffing Pads, foam polishing pads, buffer pads, lake county pads, swirl remover pads, compressor pads, compresser pads,
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    I really love the Komp pads a lot.
    Raising The Gloss Bar One Car At a Time!

UNIQUE POLISHING, MA / NH

Ryan Blanchette

Post Thanks / Like
    Are the purple pads really that aggressive? More aggressive than PFW?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not tried the purple. Maybe someone can give us some insight.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EisenHulk
    Are the purple pads really that aggressive? More aggressive than PFW?

Even if the purple Kompressor foam pad has more cut and a nicer finishing ability, I`d still use PFW instead. Wool runs much cooler, which is especially important when compounding. The most aggressive foam pad I use is LC white. If I need more aggressiveness than that, I reach for PFW. I can *always* get PFW to finish out better than yellow LC foam, and most of the time better than orange LC foam. And it`s always safer than either one.

Darn it... I had just made up my mind to switch over to Meg`s Soft Buff 2.0 pads when I read MDRX8`s and RyDawg`s recommendation of the Kompressors. I have yet to *not* love a product our good Dawg has recommended, so I guess I`ll be ordering some Kompressors. I hope they have em in 4" size, too.

Edit: I can`t find them in any size other than the seven inchers.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Boy, glad you guys are propping up the economy, and with good `ol made in America products...I wonder where the foam comes from?

Post Thanks / Like
    fwiw, I recall reading the new v2. Megs pads are using the same foam as the ~uk~ 3m pads.

I`ve got to do a search on the old reticulated vs non reticulates, preploymer, etc - on pad compositions again to refresh my memory

Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever RydawgRickRackTH0001 gets, i`m getting it too.

The Mark V MV350 is the sweetest compound i`ve tried.

Post Thanks / Like
    mine should be here next week from AG

Post Thanks / Like
    So I guess you`re driving a Ford/GM/Chrysler automobile?

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Boy, glad you guys are propping up the economy, and with good `ol made in America products...I wonder where the foam comes from?

Post Thanks / Like
    aren`t these a little big for a PC though? I used a white one and the PC just didn`t seem to want to fight with it. I have 1 of each so I need to give it another go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EisenHulk
    So I guess you`re driving a Ford/GM/Chrysler automobile?

Yes? Is there a problem with that? I also have a Jap car because all the domestic companies stopped making hatchbacks (except for the Corvette). That was my first non-American car.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Toyota Sequoia was made in Kentucky. My Dodge Charger was made in Ontario, Canada. Hmmm... Kinda makes you scratch your head if you`re trying to "buy American".
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
    My Toyota Sequoia was made in Kentucky. My Dodge Charger was made in Ontario, Canada. Hmmm... Kinda makes you scratch your head if you`re trying to "buy American".

My mother`s Buick was made in Canada and has Chinese wheels and who knows what else of non-domestic origin. Yes, it`s confusing. For decades I resisted, and did my best to buy American, but in some market segments, it became impossible. In the past decade the big business propaganda machine has done it`s best to convince us that it doesn`t matter, it`s a world economy, yada yada. I think recent events show that to be a bunch of BS. Our balance of trade is all messed up, we`re broke, the Chinese own a trillion dollars+ of our debt and are putting up a space station and sending men to the moon, seems they have plenty of cash...hmmm.

At least detailing products are for the most part made in the US...except for all those MF`s, and German polishes, Chinese brushes and expensive waxes from England...wait a minnit!

Back to your regularly scheduled thread...

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m making my own out of my dead pads. I shaved like 1/2 inch of the dead parts off to make it "new" again lol. Now to cut slits in there....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information