Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    i heard so much about ocw i thought i`d give it a try. well i used it sparingly, like i`ve heard so many of you say, and used my pc on 5 with a mf bonnet and i must say it gives alot of depth and gloss to the finish. i also used oid between coats of which i applyed 2 coats. if you have`nt tryed it yet i would recommend it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love ocw too... But one of the reason i love it so much is its ease of use. Though I haven`t tried it yet, I think using the pc would take away a little from that ease.

How long did it take you? I can ocw an average sized car in a little over 5 minutes.

Have used it w/o the pc yet? Did you notice any differences?

Post Thanks / Like
    The purpose of using an orbital with Optimum spray wax is to use the heat of the buffer to more evenly spread the wax content. Much like spreading a paste wax on by hand, the rubbing of the hands and the warmth it creates allows the wax and its solvents to be more efficiently applied to the paint which in turn creates a brighter, perhaps glossier or wetter finish.

I suggest trying it with a microsuede towel or bonnet.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco
    The purpose of using an orbital with Optimum spray wax is to use the heat of the buffer to more evenly spread the wax content.

Anthony

I hear what your saying Anthony but it still seems like unecessery overkill to apply OCW mechanically when its so easy by hand.:cooleek:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dervdave
    I hear what your saying Anthony but it still seems like unecessery overkill to apply OCW mechanically when its so easy by hand.:cooleek:
    Agreed, but then again you could go with Optiseal which is nearly as easy and has better durability. OCW is tops for maintenance. The killer trio I like using is a base coat of OS, then OCW when washing/drying and ID&GE between........
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, I like Optimum sandwiches, OS-OCW-OS and OCW-OS-OCW all topped off with OID as and when needed

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsoto87
    I love ocw too... But one of the reason i love it so much is its ease of use. Though I haven`t tried it yet, I think using the pc would take away a little from that ease.

How long did it take you? I can ocw an average sized car in a little over 5 minutes.

Have used it w/o the pc yet? Did you notice any differences?

yes i did use it w/o the pc, but just thought i`d give it a try and i liked the results, not saying it`s better, just what i like.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hear what your saying Anthony but it still seems like unecessery overkill to apply OCW mechanically when its so easy by hand
    Yea I agree. If im going to use my pc to apply an lsp it will be something that would normally take a little more work by hand.

I never tried it so maybe I shouldnt be commenting but the tradeoff of ease of use for looks might be a little to much for me to use the pc.

Agreed, but then again you could go with Optiseal which is nearly as easy and has better durability
    True but both ocw and os, despite their ease of use, both have their places. Their looks are COMPLETELY different. I love both and to be honest I dont think one is all the much better than the other. I give the edge to OS for its durability. But dont get me wrong, OCW has great durability for a spray wax.

OCW is tops for maintenance
    OCW is great as a standalone LSP. But yes, it does look great when sandwiched. I absolutely love optimum products. The only thing I havent tried is their metal polish and regular tire shine. Everything else has performed stellar for me and did what they claimed.

Optimum to me is a jack of all trades. Great for beginners, but in the right hands is even better.

Too bad optimum couldnt bring this stuff to the mainstream otc market. Their prices are very competitive to whats out there but blow away the competition in performance.

Sorry to go off on a tangent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsoto87

Optimum to me is a jack of all trades. Great for beginners, but in the right hands is even better.

Have you tried OID yet ? its exceptional

Get the bargain 32oz concentrate

Post Thanks / Like
    tried oid, luv it, bought the gallon, for the results and the price it`s a winner in my book.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blucpe
    tried oid, luv it, bought the gallon,

A gallon ? theres very few US products we can get in those kinda sizes :think:

Post Thanks / Like
    Its actually a Qt concentrate..........(Makes 4 qts) which saves plastic from landfills and also saves the consumer on shipping (why pay for water to be shipped to you)

Stuff rocks......
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by a.k.a. Patrick
    Its actually a Qt concentrate..........(Makes 4 qts)

Stuff rocks......

Thats the 32oz concentrate we have

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried OID yet ? its exceptional

Get the bargain 32oz concentrate
    Yea OID was actually one of the first things I bought. I got a gallon of it and I dont see myself using it all for quite some time. I got it when it was on discount. 4 gallons of a qd for under $40 is an unbelievable deal. Even at the regular price of $50 its still good.

I havent tried too many QDs since I dont have that big of a need for them but I dont really feel the need to try any more since I more than happy with OID.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by a.k.a. Patrick
    Its actually a Qt concentrate..........(Makes 4 qts) which saves plastic from landfills and also saves the consumer on shipping (why pay for water to be shipped to you)

Stuff rocks......

yes a Gallon:

Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer 128 oz. Refill

:hifive:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information