Post Thanks / Like
    I bought Optimum Polish on BOGO a month or 2 ago and just used it today. When I went to shake it, nothing happened, no liquid sound. I unscrewed the top to look, and that stuff is thick! So thick, it won`t shake or move.

Both bottles are the same.

I ask because I traded someone some other product for a half bottle of OP and that bottle shakes, makes a liquidy-sound when I shake it.

Which is normal?
    Gary
    The Irate Magistrate
    Neutral & Detached

Post Thanks / Like
    You might have a first run batch of the new Optimum Polish II. It is pretty thick. The latest bottle I have has a thinner consistancy. You might want to contact Optimum and ask them about it.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think thats the op II. I think thats the new formula of the original op. People talked about having to drill a bigger hole

Post Thanks / Like
    It had a small gold sticker on it saying "New Formula" so I believe it is the new formula of the original. I`m sure it`s not the new(est) formula because it was BOGO. Is it any good? Should I contact AutoGeek?

I`m stumped.
    Gary
    The Irate Magistrate
    Neutral & Detached

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea thats the new formula of the original version. Look at the reviews. Thats just the consistency of it. I think the new formula has more cut to it. Ive never used the original but ive never read anyone complaining about anything other than its cut, which could be a good or bad thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heatgain
    It had a small gold sticker on it saying "New Formula" so I believe it is the new formula of the original. I`m sure it`s not the new(est) formula because it was BOGO. Is it any good? Should I contact AutoGeek?

I`m stumped.

if it had the sticker that looked like this below (New Formula), it was the new formula of the original version. and yes, the consistency of it being thick is normal...

the newest versions (New & Improved) have a picture illustation with someone holding a buffer on the front (on the 32oz. bottles) and have II after the name...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Al, it did have that gold sticker on it. It`s so thick shaking it does nothing.....plus it`s like only 3/4 full, both bottles. So that`s normal?

I`m going to get Popeye forearms squeezing it out of the top.

As long as it works, I guess.

The other OP I have that I traded someone for, that one has a normal sound when I shake it. That`s normal for the old formula?

I really should check these things out when I first receive them, but I don`t until I use it which could be 2 or 3 months later.
    Gary
    The Irate Magistrate
    Neutral & Detached

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heatgain
    Thanks Al, it did have that gold sticker on it. It`s so thick shaking it does nothing.....plus it`s like only 3/4 full, both bottles. So that`s normal?

I`m going to get Popeye forearms squeezing it out of the top.

As long as it works, I guess.

The other OP I have that I traded someone for, that one has a normal sound when I shake it. That`s normal for the old formula?

I really should check these things out when I first receive them, but I don`t until I use it which could be 2 or 3 months later.

try putting about half into a empty bottle like this (or ketchup style bottle) and you should be able to shake it up easier and use a nail or something to widen the opening on the top...

Post Thanks / Like
    Good idea. Thanks.

It (new formula of the old formula) will have that famed very long working time, yes?
    Gary
    The Irate Magistrate
    Neutral & Detached

Thread Information