Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    How is this stuff compared to the Ultima line? I know very little about both

of these brands and I`m very interested. Not for my cars. But I would need to

practice on something. I`d be afraid of putting on too much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaxManRonnie
    How is this stuff compared to the Ultima line? I know very little about both

of these brands and I`m very interested. Not for my cars. But I would need to

practice on something. I`d be afraid of putting on too much.

This is going to be a professional detailer product only, at least initially. It is possible if there is enough demand it might be sold to non-pros but you probably wouldn`t get any warranty pertaining to durability that I think will be applicable if the coating is applied professionally.

If you want an Optimum product that compares directly to Ultima PGP, then you`d be interested in Opti-Seal.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott,

If you have some time, could you video yourself applying that

to a fender or the hood? I just want to see how much of that you actually use.

Or how little of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaxManRonnie
    Scott,

If you have some time, could you video yourself applying that

to a fender or the hood? I just want to see how much of that you actually use.

Or how little of it.

Of what? The coating or Opti-Seal? I know there are Opti-Seal videos on youtube. Similar process for the coating.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Of what? The coating or Opti-Seal? I know there are Opti-Seal videos on youtube. Similar process for the coating.

The coating.

If there`s a video, I`ll check it out.

And both of those are Optimum products. What is it about

the Opti-Seal that they felt it needed an "upgrade"

to this new coating? I also see Zaino has their version as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Allow me to jump in, Opti Coat(for lack of a better term) is not an upgrade or replacement for Opti-Seal, they are 2 completely different animals, with different uses.

The coating is for long term protection, it adds a measurable thickness to the paint, and is very very hard. Opti seal is a great sealant, a spectacular product that provides as good a protection as any polymer sealant can.

Opti coat uses 1/2 -1 oz or product per vehicle(depending on the amount or real estate you are covering), which is alot more than opti seal.
    At Your Service

Yvan

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought opti coat would be out by now. Anyone know when it`s expected to be released?

Post Thanks / Like
    A couple days ago on the Optimim forum Dr G. said it should be released in the next month or two.
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    I am guessing the coating should be out shortly, my Optimum distributor (he is also the DFW area ColorGlo rep) has the production packaged version on hand and I am putting it on his van tomorrow (to teach him how to use it) as he plans on hitting the dealerships in anticipation of the release.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t read through everything but I remember when scottwax first tried it, they said it was for bodyshops/dealers only. It wasn`t going to be sold at the consumer level.

Has this changed at all? Sorry for being lazy and not looking

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsoto87
    I haven`t read through everything but I remember when scottwax first tried it, they said it was for bodyshops/dealers only. It wasn`t going to be sold at the consumer level.

Has this changed at all? Sorry for being lazy and not looking

Right now it`s only going to be sold to pros because of concerns with non pro`s applying it and not being able to remove it properly.

Anthony Orosco, said the coating was a temperamental product to apply so there was a bit of a learning curve.

Post Thanks / Like
    My understanding is that it will be distributed to detailers with a specific instruction manual. My hope is that it will be released soon.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m only posting here to clear up some misunderstandings.....hopefully not making it more muddied

It`s for pros only as far I know at the moment. It`s going to be made as you order it, there is no stock on hand thus the reason why no retailers will carry it, as far as I know. The application method is not super complicated but it can be difficult to remove if applied to an area where you don`t want it....thus one reason why it`s geared for pro application only.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony

The only way I have found to remove it is by abrasion. Yes there is a learning curve, and the product has a limited shelf life(it is moisture cure), another reason for pro only, the pro has a chance of using the whole quantity, while a home detailer may lose the product due to age.

For the pro detailer though it is definitely a must have in the bag of tricks, a new way of thinking.
    At Your Service

Yvan

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m wondering how the coating might work on black paint, and with all this talk of how hard the coating is -- how far it might go to prevent swirling in otherwise softer paint.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information