Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys.. I bought a cyclo last year, and didn`t know a lot when I bought it.. I got the 3.5" dual action flexible backing plate (I think this one 3.5" Dual Action Flexible Backing Plate- porter cable 7424 or 7336 hook and loop backing plate 3.5 inch.) and the lake country 5" orange, green pads.

I just did my 3rd detail on my car, and the pads at this point as they rub up against eachother are basically shredding the pads and leaving tiny pieces of foam as I polish the car, and now the velcro backing is peeling almost completely off. I know i`ve had the wrong size for a while... but thought I could get away with bigger pads.

So, I`m assuming I want 4" pads correct? Do I stick with the CCS pads

Spot Buffing 4 inch pads, Lake country 4 inch pads, 4 inch foam pads, 4 inch ccs pads, ccs foam pads , although I found them cheaper here

Lake Country CCS 4" Foam Pads (anyone know these guys?)

Or do I switch out to the Cyclo edge "double precision pads"

Cyclo Double Precision pads are double-sided foam buffing pads for the Cyclo polisher.

Albeit a bigger investment since the pads seem more expensive and I`d have to get the connectors.

Or lastly, straight up cyclo pads Cyclo 4 Inch Premium Foam Pads fit on each head of your Cyclo Dual Head Orbital Polisher

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Since you have invested in the 3.5" backing plates, I would get the Lake Country pads from Auto Detailing Solutions. I have the Cyclo and the Edge system and the 3.5" backing plates. I don`t think the Edge system is a huge improvement over the velcro backing plates on the Cyclo. That`s just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks... in looking at the edge, the double sided pad yellow/orange and green/white seem pretty cool. But yeah it`s a $70 upgrade?

Vs. just buying 4" pads.. on the lake country do you think I need something stronger than yellow with menzerna SIP? If so, what? wool?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would be looking for something stronger than SIP rather than a more aggressive pad. You might consider Meguiars 105 and maybe the orange pad if SIP is not meeting your needs.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve already invested in the menzerna and everyone here seems to love it.. I was hoping not having to switch since I`m getting used to that polish.

What`s the downside of using a yellow pad and SIP?

Post Thanks / Like
    The yellow pad may mar the paint a little. However you could easily fix it by using SIP again with a less aggressive pad. No down side, but 105 would probably be easier and you could use a less aggressive pad and avoid marring. I have no experience with anything more aggressive than yellow so I can`t advise you on any wool pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently got the Edge stuff for one of my Cyclos but I haven`t tried it out yet...

The regular Cyclo pads usually work pretty well for me. The yellow are kinda harsh and/but lose a little cut after some wear. The orange aren`t all *that* aggressive via Cyclo. The green are more aggressive than most "polishing pads" and the white are more aggressive than most "finishing pads".

The Sonus blue finishing pads are nice for gentle burnishing, but I use the Cyclo brand pads more than any others.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the tips.. i went and bit the bullet with the edge stuff, and go the double sided yellow/orange and a set of the green/white

Figure that`ll get me covered with any detail i need.

Thanks!

Thread Information