Thread: flex 3401

Post Thanks / Like
    hey wat do u guys think about the flew 3401 like quality of it and how good of a job it does. i seen a video compared it to the porter cable 7424 and the flex looks like a bad *** buffer but ive read that some people are havin problems with it

Post Thanks / Like
    I have one. I have had the PC and UDM. This blows them out the water. Get one and see. The best I have used!!!!
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    I have one and I was one with a problem. I sent it back and they fixed it under warrenty and everything is fine now. I would go this route over a PC, it is more expensive but worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    @MobileJay - How long did it take to get it fixed by flex?

I am considering a flex DA to go with my flex rotary, and there was no cost except shipping it to flex right (sinse it was under warranty)?

Post Thanks / Like
    looks are not everything performance is where it is at an accessories is a hugh plus an the pc is the way to go.i have a flex and don`t use it that much to hard to get adaptors an pads for what i want go pc or go home lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bwalker25
    @MobileJay - How long did it take to get it fixed by flex?

I am considering a flex DA to go with my flex rotary, and there was no cost except shipping it to flex right (sinse it was under warranty)?

I think it was a week, maybe a week and a half from the day I sent it out to when I got it back. Yes just shipping to PowerHouse I paid for. If you buy one from PH ask if the bearings have been greased since that was the problem with mine and 1 or 2 others I have heard.

Post Thanks / Like
    also is this an ideal buffer for like heavy oxidation and heavy scratches too or would a rotary be better for that kind of stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    It would be easier but yes the 3401 can take these on....depending on how "heavy" the scratches are.

Here is a thread I posted about my car. Heavily oxidized.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-b...-pfw-ghia.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileJay
    I think it was a week, maybe a week and a half from the day I sent it out to when I got it back. Yes just shipping to PowerHouse I paid for. If you buy one from PH ask if the bearings have been greased since that was the problem with mine and 1 or 2 others I have heard.

thanks, I wonder if I buy from AG if they can tell me if the bearing is lubed or not. I dont want to have to be without my polisher

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Exelero
    looks are not everything performance is where it is at an accessories is a hugh plus an the pc is the way to go.i have a flex and don`t use it that much to hard to get adaptors an pads for what i want go pc or go home lol.

True, there are more BP and attachment options for the PC, but the 3401 walks the PC all day in terms of paint correction. I still occasionally break out the PC and some 4" pads, but if I had to choose one and one only, it would still be the 3401. I think this topic has been beaten to death around here, so I`ll leave it at that.
    Club FLEX X 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_JonnyV
    True, there are more BP and attachment options for the PC, but the 3401 walks the PC all day in terms of paint correction. I still occasionally break out the PC and some 4" pads, but if I had to choose one and one only, it would still be the 3401. I think this topic has been beaten to death around here, so I`ll leave it at that.

+1 :xyxthumbs

Regulars here know I have two rotaries, two Cyclos, two PCs, and the Flex 3401. While I *like* using the Cyclos the best, the Flex 3401 is what I`d recommend, and it`s what I reach for when I have serious correction to do.

Thread Information