Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, guys and gals, there has been a huge rave about this Dodo Juice waxes and tons of questions between the soft and the hard ones. When you look at the collection of waxes they have, it`s a total of 8 waxes without adding Supernatural or the AIO and soap. I have decided to make an honest review to kinda end the arguments of which one might be the best in matter of application, ease of use and overall, durability.

The test subject was the trunk lid of my 2000 grey Echo, which is not a big spot, but big enough for what I was looking to do. The waxes being used are Rainforest Rub(soft) and Hard Candy(hard) which I just got yesterday (David, A.K.A weekendwarrior, you rock! :thumbs: ) The method of application was the same: microfiber applicator. Weather here in PR for the next few weeks seems to be on the warm, not hot side: mid 80`s with occasional rainshowers passing by. So, with that said, I plan to make this an ongoing thread.

Now, into the action. I decided to polish the trunk using OHC and OC since it was pretty scratched to start with. I divided the trunk in 2: left for RR and right for HC. As said, method of application was the same for both waxes, left to cure for around 5 minutes, and buffed off using Danase Buff Towels.

The contenders

The prepped surface

First one to be applied was Rainforest Rub. I used a little to spread it on the half designed for it. Found out a very little goes a very looooong way. I applied a hefty coat on the trunk and see how hard was to take it off vs. a layer of the hard one beside it. Aplied and let cure for 5 minutes.

Now, the Hard Candy. Used the same method as the previous wax, but it was more difficult to get a thick layer of wax on the surface, which I think it helps in making the wax last longer. Applied in the other half of the car and this is while curing

After 5 minutes they were buffed out and here are my findings. Both waxes look around the same after being buffed. As expected, RR was a little more tricky to take off due to the application thickness, but not as bad as expected. Reflection shots will come out later, as well as beading shots and reviews on durability. Here are 2 more pics so you can have an idea how they look.

I will be updating this thread with any of my findings and if you have a comment or a question, just shoot it out.

Joey
    Owner of Major Auto Works. Serving the eastern half of Puerto Rico :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Very sweet.

Would be interesting if you did the very middle section with the HC base with RR over it (soft over hard) and see how it looks/holds up.

Which one looks better to you? Is the soft a warmer/deeper look? Or are they both about the same?

Post Thanks / Like
    double post...

Post Thanks / Like
    You know, I thought about that, doing soft over hard, but then I thought that what I wanted is to actually see if there`s a difference between the 2 apples. In matter of what looks best, so far, they look the same, but will give it a shot tomorrow at full sunlight. I will post pics of that as well, plus, we`re expecting some rain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good review! I love those two waxes. I personally like the color charged waxes but I do find myself using those two (mainly RR) for interior protection and some plastics.

If you already know, disregard what I am going to say next. The two types of waxes (hard, soft) were created for two different methods of application. Hard is for the people who like app pads and soft is for the people who like hand application. While they both will work with app pad and visa versa (even though i have limited experience mixing) they will work.

Davids a cool guy huh! He has helped me test a little . Right David? btw that Fcar turned out great!

great review and im looking forward to your findings! Enjoy the products! And

,Dodo Dan
    Daniel J Wendell

Post Thanks / Like
    Try the Supernatural. It blows the others away

I personally have had more success with the "soft" waxes. It feels a lot more natural applying the soft wax whereas the hard versions seem to make it more of a challenge!

I would like to try the Juiced Edition Rubbish Boys!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinD
    Try the Supernatural. It blows the others away

I personally have had more success with the "soft" waxes. It feels a lot more natural applying the soft wax whereas the hard versions seem to make it more of a challenge!

I would like to try the Juiced Edition Rubbish Boys!

all in due time bud haha.
    Daniel J Wendell

Post Thanks / Like
    looks good - personally I find a foam applicator is ideal as it just doesnt soak uo the waxes as much and spreads them much further.

Agree on the Superbnatural - I have the newest version on my hood, and its beading almost as good after 8 weeks of rain, snow, sleet, road salt etc as it was the day it was applied

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballlover1
    Good review! I love those two waxes. I personally like the color charged waxes but I do find myself using those two (mainly RR) for interior protection and some plastics.

If you already know, disregard what I am going to say next. The two types of waxes (hard, soft) were created for two different methods of application. Hard is for the people who like app pads and soft is for the people who like hand application. While they both will work with app pad and visa versa (even though i have limited experience mixing) they will work.

Davids a cool guy huh! He has helped me test a little . Right David? btw that Fcar turned out great!

great review and im looking forward to your findings! Enjoy the products! And

,Dodo Dan

I think it`s kinda neat to have the hand application, but I think you will be applying too much wax rather than with the applicator. Love the smell of those things, BTW... :har:

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpikle
    looks good - personally I find a foam applicator is ideal as it just doesnt soak uo the waxes as much and spreads them much further.

Agree on the Superbnatural - I have the newest version on my hood, and its beading almost as good after 8 weeks of rain, snow, sleet, road salt etc as it was the day it was applied

The foam applicator is the perfect tool for any wax or sealant application, IMO, but the ones I have are already compromised to for other waxes.

And about the SN... well... mmmmmmm... I have #16 on my hood(I`m telling you, weekendwarrior is awesome!:2thumbs: )

Post Thanks / Like
    Dodo is coming out with an applicator pad that has been invented by Dom in the UK. It is like a finger app that feels similar to hand app but gives a nice even coat!

Ive yet to try them though.

Im not sure if DI and AG will carry them.

,Dan
    Daniel J Wendell

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballlover1
    Dodo is coming out with an applicator pad that has been invented by Dom in the UK. It is like a finger app that feels similar to hand app but gives a nice even coat!

Ive yet to try them though.

Im not sure if DI and AG will carry them.

,Dan

Are you hinting that someone else is?

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave (Weekend Warrior) turned me on to White Diamond and after a couple coats on my wife`s blizzard pearl Highlander - I`m having a hard time wanting to use anything else. But he said Hard Candy was great too and in time I`ll try it. For a "beauty wax" - White Diamond has held up very well, going on 2 months and still has some tight beading after a wash. I had used Blue Velvet on my black GTI and liked the results, but I`ve switched to Zaino on my car and plan on trying the other Dodo waxes on my higher end details.

Post Thanks / Like
    White Diamond and Supernatural Trying to compare differences!

Post Thanks / Like
    sounds like white diamond is a diamond in the rough from all i`ve heard. just as supernatural is a cost saving alternative to some of the zymol/swissvax waxes, it looks like W-D is a cost saving alternative to SN. of course maybe u could go further by saying p21s 100% is an alternative to WD, and lusso oro is an alternative to 100%....

seems like it just matters on what u`r willing to pay for a small fraction of a better product. i find good nuba`s are hard to visually hard to tell apart, and the main difference is the application process of each.

now....

ON WITH THE TESTING!!!!
    Marc Harris from AutoLavish Fine Automobile Care of Michigan

Post Thanks / Like
    48 Hour Review

Hello everybody! Here’s an update to my continual test for the hard vs. soft waxes based on what I have seen in the past 48 hours. What I have seen so far is the following: slickness still the same on both, looks are awesome still and beading is beautiful! The only negative I have found is that they attract a little too much dust, IMO, but all waxes do it to an extent. Here are some pics before and after a wax, plus some beading shots at nighttime. Again, comments are more than welcomed. Here are the pics:

First off was the dust test. I found both attract dust the same.

Rainforest

Hard Candy

Both fingers side-by-side

The funny thing is that when I decided to start pulling the car out of the carport, it started to rain

So after letting that rain pass, I pulled the car back and this is how the waxes look like in direct sunlight

Rainforest

Hard Candy

The car was washed and dressed with some #16. The car needs to be heavily polished, but it will take me around 2 days because it has some nasty scratches and holograms from I don’t know what. Then after that I had to go out at night to help a friend install a router and it rained, and this is how the waxes are beading that water.

Rainforest

Hard Candy

Joey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information