Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought a new Dodge Ram 2009 pickup with the Inferno Red paint that is a upcharge paint from dodge. I have had it for a few weeks but due to weather and sickness I have not even had time to wash it. I specifically had the dealer NOT prep the truck when I got it because I didnt want them to swirl it up. Since I have not ever detailed this color before I am not sure if it is prone to swirling but I bet it is due to the color.

I need to do my initial detail but wanted to see what products you all think may be a good choice. Of course I will first wash it and likely clay it to remove any bonded contaminents. But then after that what should I use? I have the following in stock now.

Klasse AIO, Poli Seal, Wolfgang deep gloss Sealant, Sonus FX3, Meguiars 26, mothers reflections, mothers california carnuba paste, Pinnacle XMT 1,2 and 3 swirl remover and finishing glaze ,dodo juice soft wax kit of 4 waxes,mothers synwax, meguiars #83, collonite liquid insulator wax,meguiars cleaner wax.

I dont see any swirls at the moment but they may show up after I was or clay. I bought some real soft clay to make sure I didnt have issues with it but after that what should i use? Can I do a AIO only like Klasse or Poli Seal?

Or should I use it and then top it with something else like the wolfgang or one of the Dodo juice products?

Thanks for your help

Post Thanks / Like
    That is the nicest Dodge truck ive ever seen. Other than the V10, but the badge on the fender says it all. 6 foot bed , crew cab

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks and yes I think it is a great truck. I had two previous Dodge Rams but they were 2500 diesels. This new 09 is all new and is by far the best driving and riding of all the trucks or even SUVs that I have been in. The new 4 link coil rear suspension is really nice compared to the old leaf spring deal.

Plus all the creature comforts like remote start, heated seats and steering wheel, electric rear window, voice activated radio, nav with a built in ipod etc etc. The list goes on and on. Then of course the real deal is that big 5.7 Hemi that pumps out 390hp and 410 ft/lbs torque. Oh and the new 4wd system on the laramie is nice too because it has a part time 4wd that can be driven on the street and then you can lock 4w hi and 4w-lo.I also got the 3.92 limited slip rear end too. So far I am really happy with the truck and it will be better once i get it looking right too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dang thats one sweet dodge. Wish anything I was around 3-4 years ahead of my current life(currently in school) and the economy sucked as bad as it does now! I would certainly buy one of those! Bet you got one heck of a deal on it. Cant imagine having 410ft/lbs of torque.. Not much on that two tone though.. Solid black would be sweet.

Weve got a 06 hemi WK with inferno red paint. Doesnt seem to swirl all that bad but Ive taken good care of it and its always in the garage when its not driven. Not sure how Jeep paint varies from dodge paint. Meguiars is the only product that has ever been used on it. May top it will 476s the next time by though.
    2004 Jeep liberty w/ stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your truck looks great! How much did you pay for it? If money werent a concern NOW is definitely the time to buy an SUV or truck if you were in the market

If I were you, assuming swirls were very light, I would use XMT 1 or 2 on a white LC pad/pc and then top it with Insulator wax 845. The paint is still new and should be somewhat swirl free so the use of XMT 3 is not needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    The truck as equipped with the bedliner and running boards dealer added retails for about 48K if you can believe that. Dodge has some good incentives plus I get all Chryslers at 1% under invoice due to having bought a Freightliner motorhome. I guess Dodge and Freightliner are sister companies or something. So all said and done I ended up at about 39K for it plus tax.

Any other tips on the wax routines anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would clay it. If it was shipped bu rail it could have rail dust on it. Take your finger tips and lightly run across surface. I`d use Men. polish PO85RD with a finishing pad, Red moose glaze RMG, then a wax for looks Souveran, Fuzion or a sealant Meg #21 .... jmho
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice looking truck.
    Club Flex Member

2004.5 LeMans Sunset 350Z with Nismo accessories

Post Thanks / Like
    The Fuzion looks awesome on my Red RX8 but it is a little pricey. You can get some good discounts from AutoGeek right now.

Quote Originally Posted by MDRX8
    I would clay it. If it was shipped bu rail it could have rail dust on it. Take your finger tips and lightly run across surface. I`d use Men. polish PO85RD with a finishing pad, Red moose glaze RMG, then a wax for looks Souveran, Fuzion or a sealant Meg #21 .... jmho
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, that is a purty truck. The 4th Generation Ram definitely has a different look to it.

I would definitely use clay. Assuming little to no swirling, I would go over it with Poli-Seal and top with Collinite Insulator Wax. The Poli-Seal can remove slight swirls and increase the gloss. The IW is easy to use, gives months of durability, and will make it look even more purty!
    My stable includes a 2019 Toyota Avalon and a 2016 BMW 550i.

Thread Information