Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    This is not another which is better thread.

As someone who came out of a detailing drought recently I`ve still been playing catch-up on Autopia on what`s been going on here since about ~2006 or so. Concepts like these spray on, walk away sealants like Optimum Opti-Seal, Zaino CS, and Ultima`s version are totally new to me. (and sound a bit bizarre, to be honest).

I know our forum has zaino lovers, and carnuaba lovers, paste vs. liquid lovers, wax vs. sealant lovers, etc.

How many people here have actually completely abandoned their "old ways" for these new WOWA products? And who hasn`t even tried them? And who still uses every variation of an LSP on their cars?

Part of the reason I`m asking is that despite already having shelves full of products like many of you here, and previously thinking "I don`t need any more waxes or sealants", I still found myself buying MORE of those types of products in recent orders since I came out of the drought a month or two ago.

Examples of recent purchases:

Natty`s red (Did I really need ANOTHER paste wax when I`ve already got P21S, Souveran, Natty`s original, and #16?)

Clearkote CMW (Did I really need ANOTHER liquid wax/sealant, when I`ve got all the pastes listed above, PLUS #26, #20, NXT, EX-P, 4*UPP, etc.?)

AND.... I`m STILL tempted to try another sealant like Wolfgang`s DGPS v3.

And yet when I read about these WOWA products like Opti-Seal and the others (which I haven`t tried yet), I go hmmm...... :think2 Why did I just buy a couple more carnuaba waxes? :chuckle:

PS - This post probably just sounds like rambling. Sorry about that, still in the morning haze... need more coffee. :ignore

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Opti-Seal quit often on my cars family and friends included. It`s just soooo easy to use and when it`s cold or really hot out there is nothing easier. 10 minutes and I`m done. I also use OS for wheel protection, since I hate doing wheels do to back pain this allows me to spend less time on them.

I still use my waxes (Paste Glaz/#16/MaxWax) and sealant (WG DGS v3). I`m no pro but having used it, it`s something I will keep in stock.
    "Life is not measured by the breathes we take, but by the moments that take our breathes away" :punk:

Post Thanks / Like
    I have lots of LSPs too.

This isnt going help any but i have got the Wolfgang Sealant 3.0 and its @10 weeks and beading is still great....looks fantastic over RMG!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a lot of different types of LSPs, like yourself. The only ones I haven`t tried are WOWAs. To me, it defeats the whole purpose of spending time on a car in my veiw. Especially when my favorite part is adding the LSP.

I like using liquid waxes/sealants, but I really love using paste waxes. If I do get in a hurry, The quickest thing I don`t mind using is Aqua Wax.
    What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it`s all about???

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4...1967 Ford Mustang Coupe...2001 Audi A4 1.8T

Post Thanks / Like
    still using the Klasse twins

Post Thanks / Like
    I have all 3 types of LSP`s: liquid, paste and spray. I have to admit I like them all, but I personally prefer the ease of spray, which, if you do it at least once a month, it will get me covered for a while, but if I want to spend some time, I will either use a paste or sealant. That`s just me, though
    Owner of Major Auto Works. Serving the eastern half of Puerto Rico :xyxthumbs

Charlotte, NC (actually Iron Station, NC)
    Post Thanks / Like
    For my detailing vehicle (Honda Element), I polihsed it and sealed it with Z5 last month. I will maintain it with ZCS every other month....it`s easy to use, and refreshes the look.

On my wife`s car, It gets Collinite 476, and OCW at each wash...again, simple and great looking.

Our older, "errand car" has Collinite 476 on it and gets AquaWax or OCW at each wash.
    Ridding the world of swirls, one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 3 liquid waxes, 2-3 spay/haze waxes and 3 WOWO/WOWA products...opti seal ,OCW, and DGAW.

I have stopped using any products except for the WOWO and WOWA.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was REALLY skeptical about ZCS and OptiSeal.

After trying both, I`ve been extremely impressed with the durability of ZCS.

I still tend to use a spray QD or wax after washing though. I generally use CG 1X diluted 1:1 but after trying Opt. OCW v2 I may start using it every other wash.

I will always love my paste `nubas. Nothing can replace the look of them.

I`ve tried JW AJT and AJ, though they`re easy to use I don`t think they`re significantly better than OCW v2 or ZCS/OS.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Ultima`s whole line. It is so easy and lasts like crazy. Applied 3x and it on now for 3 months. Super slick, nothing sticks and looks great. I love not having to buff the car b/c mine is black and the less you touch it the better. Easiest application ever. Once car is washed and dry I can apply a coat is less than 5 minutes. No joke.

My kids know, "Black cars are to look at not touch!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Both types (WOWA and WO/wait/buff off) have their place.

I like to use ZCS for the wife`s Murano (lots of sheet metal), and I even alternate it with Z8 for my car. It makes a very easy `top-up` when the weather is cold - but you still feel like it`s time for a little more protection.

2000 Volvo S80</p>

2006 Nissan Murano</p>

2011 BMW 328i</p>

2014 Mercedes E350

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the WOWA sealants when I`m dead tired or if I`m in a hurry. Otherwise, I like to take my time with the paste waxes and enjoy the nice California weather

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve tried Opti-seal and I think it`s good stuff, though I see no benefit to it over Z8, which is even easier to use.

Post Thanks / Like
    OS kills Z8 in durability, ime. OS,ZCS, UPGP are all great products, I couldnt go back to pastes and liquid on a regular basis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by grease
    OS kills Z8 in durability, ime. OS,ZCS, UPGP are all great products, I couldnt go back to pastes and liquid on a regular basis.

Yeah, it may. I`ve never given it a real durability challenge. I think Z8 and OS look pretty similar, which is a compliment I think to both.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information