Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    So for in between washes (i.e., after paint prep, polish, and sealant) what is the best product to use that won`t remove the sealant?

I need a new product. I`ve used Pinnacle bodywork shampoo and it seems fine, but it is a little expensive. I was thinking the PS21 TAW 5 Liter or the CG Wash and Clear.

what`s everyone`s favorite for route washes that won`t strip the sealant?

thanks
    `09 M3 Alpine White

`03 M3 Carbon Blk/Blk <- Black is beautiful but a b*tch to keep clean. [SOLD]

Post Thanks / Like
    Megs Gold Class works great for me....

Post Thanks / Like
    actually, I used to love that. It was cheap and available at Target. $10 for a big bottle. how does it do on the sealant?
    `09 M3 Alpine White

Post Thanks / Like
    buying a gallon of CW&G will go a long way and depending on how much you put in, will determine if you want to use it as a gentle wash or strip LSP`s...

Extremely concentrated and highly versatile 1/2 oz mixes with 1-2 gallons of water for a superior wash.

As a paintwork cleanser: dilute 2oz with 1 gallon water for superior surface cleaner to remove built up grime and leftover wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Megs Gold Class, but I generally use Four Star Auto Wash Solution. AWS doesnt strip.

Post Thanks / Like
    P21S TAW is designed to strip wax. It`s not a maintenance product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaysMD
    actually, I used to love that. It was cheap and available at Target. $10 for a big bottle. how does it do on the sealant?

Does almost nothing if you use the right ratio they recommend. I used to over do it and thus any protection I had on suffered a bit :sadpace:

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorites are CL68 shampoo and Duragloss 901.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve grown fond of ONR over the last month or two.

Post Thanks / Like
    so which is the better? CG Citrus Wash and Clear or the Wash and Gloss?

Also, what about Adam`s Car Wash?

It seems the best bang for the buck is the Chemical Guys Wash and Clear/Gloss.
    `09 M3 Alpine White

Post Thanks / Like
    so which is the better? CG Citrus Wash and Clear or the Wash and Gloss?

i think the only difference is the wash & gloss has the glossing agents/enhancers as the clear does not...

The Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Clear is one of the safest products you can use to strip off the protection (i.e. sealant, wax) from your paint. When used in the concentrated form (2oz per gallon of water) it is a paintwork cleanser that helps clean and prep your paint so you can get the most out of your detail. This process is essential for best results before beginning a full detail. You can further dilute (.5 ounces per gallon of water) the Citrus Wash and Clear so it will not strip off the protection. Without a product like this in your detailing arsenal you are left with limited options to remove old wax and sealant like polishing, washing with harsh soaps, etc. The citrus cleaning agents help safely clean the surface without the risk of drying out the trim or other wise potentially harming the paint. This versatile auto shampoo is a must have for any automotive detailer!

Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss is a concentrated washing solution designed to help you clean the paint safely and add more shine to the surface. Mix one half ounce of the solution with 1 – 2 gallons of water when you want to wash your vehicle and not strip off the current layer of protection. The citrus formula helps safely separate and lift contaminants, suspending them in the foam solution. Unlike strong solvents and other harsh chemicals the active cleaning agent is a natural citrus extract, which is 100% biodegradable. The formula also has gloss enhancers that help add more shine to the surface after each wash. The Citrus Wash & Gloss solution is perfect for washing in between full details, so you get that just detailed look back. If you want to use it to strip off the current layer of protection mix 2 ounces with one gallon of water. This versatile product is sure to be a great addition to any detailer’s collection of products. Works great in foam guns and foam cannons too.

Post Thanks / Like
    also... if you order it from detailedimage, you can save 25% off with the " holiday08 " coupon code which ends 12/1/08 (tomorrow). also, there is a flat $5 shipping fee which is nice too or free shipping on orders over $150...

Post Thanks / Like
    I like CG CW&G and use it a lot on cars I`m going to detail - yeah, I mix it up on the strong side. But for regular washing - DG 901 is hard to beat. Add a spray of AW afterwards and you`re good.

Post Thanks / Like
    How does the Duragloss 901 compare to Meg`s Gold Class?

I`m leaning away from CG Cirtus Wash, since if you don`t get the concentration right, then it`ll strip the LSP. Besides I like the PS21 TAW for the prior to detail washing.
    `09 M3 Alpine White

Post Thanks / Like
    How does the Duragloss 901 compare to Meg`s Gold Class?

I think it`s a stronger and slicker wash. I`ve used both and like the 901 much better.

I`m leaning away from CG Cirtus Wash, since if you don`t get the concentration right, then it`ll strip the LSP. Besides I like the PS21 TAW for the prior to detail washing.

I think most washes will strip waxes/sealants if used in the wrong proportion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information