Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys im about to buy a porter cable kit to get into polishing and what not. Would you guys recommend me to start off with menzerna sip and 106ff or would I benefit more from meguiars 105? Im picking up a few black panels from a junkyard to practice on. What would you guys recommend?

Post Thanks / Like
    Menzerna SIP/106FF are a great choice. If you MUST go M105, wait a while for the PC version to come out early next year

The Prima line is also a great choice. I find Prima Swirl just under the cut of SIP and finishes down almost the same too

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that`s a different product you are willing to buy. The M105 is a compound. I dont think it would be maximize if you use t with a rotary.

I say, you would be better purchasing the Menzerna SIP and FF. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    MENZERNA! Without a doubt!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am always pleased at how well M105 works with a DA. I usually use a rotary but in tight places and along the bottom I break out the DA from time to time. With the short working time, M105 is really easy to use. Also, I am always amazed at the correcting ability M105 has with the DA. I always follow up with a Menz product though. The combo of M105 followed by 106FF and then a finishing polish is a combo no one can go wrong with or even followed with SIP then a finishing polish. I buy M105 by the gallon because even though it is a compound, it can be very versatile with different pad combo`s.

Post Thanks / Like
    Menzerna Power Finish has the cut of SIP and finishes down like Nano, great product when you use it with PFW.

M105 has great cut with PFW and finishes down but it does leave some hologramming

Post Thanks / Like
    I always recommend Meg`s polishes (80, 82, 83) for beginners as they`re much more user friendly than Menzerna, and many other polishes out there... they`re good polishes and I still use them but while Menz gives better results in some cases, I still think Meg`s makes much more user friendly polishes
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    i just started getting into detailing my own cars less then half a year ago. i started out with megs products and only recently moved onto menz products. imho, megs are great products for a beginner perticularly m80, m82, and m83 for polishes. very easy to work with using a porter cable, very little marring with an orange pad, and they also finish down well. in addition, they are much cheaper than menz polishes which is often better for a beginner who will be practicing and such.
    2007 Honda S2000 Rio Yellow

1998 Ford Mustang GT Dark Satin Green

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiar`s has a couple of new polishes being released in their consumer line in January. They sound as if they may be worth waiting for: SwirlX, ScratchX 2.0, and Ultimate Compound. They are each D/A approved.

If you want to use M105, then wait for the new reformulated D/A approved version to appear soon. You will want to partner it with M205, which will be released in December.

Post Thanks / Like
    get the sample bottles of 80.82,83 and maybe even 84 from ADS for about $30.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always recommend Optimum Polish. Foolproof & very versitile.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkTac05
    I always recommend Optimum Polish. Foolproof & very versitile.

+1. The Megs range is great but I find OP just shades it.
    Mini Cooper S - Laser Blue

Thread Information