Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, my mom has a 2008 Ford Taurus with the (not so lovely) wood trim. It is pretty scratched up from the previous owner, it looks like they attacked it with paper towel to clean it up.

Anyways, as of right now I have yet to do anything, and honestly all I have is ScratchX, and NuFinish scratch doctor, however I am hoping to make an order with autogeek soon.

Is there anything I should be careful with for this type of trim? or is it okay to hit it with a scratch remover?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    DigitalN.- I`ve used a lot of abrasive polishes on a lot of interior wood and I`ve never had a problem. But I tend to err on the side of caution too. I`ll often quit *WELL* short of perfection rather than risk overthinning the finish. The clear on those surfaces always seems pretty soft and I assume that it`s also very thin.

So be careful and conservative. Dunno what product to recommend...the Scratch-X would be a bit harsh IMO and I sure wouldn`t try that Nu-Finish. I don`t think I`d go heavier than Meg`s #80. I used 1Z Metallic Polish on the wood in an old Audi yesterday and while it didn`t get all that much of the marring out it did make things better without an "ooops!".

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used a pea sized amount of Wolfgang Total Swirl Removal with a MF on the center panel around the gearshift. Scratched up the edges with the hose trying to reach across it while vacuuming the passenger floorboard. The Wolfgang worked great. Also use another plastic scratch remover (dang can`t remember the name) for my watch crystal. Just go slow with either one, light on the touch and should work out fine.

Thread Information