Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    There are still tonnes of products I haven`t tried yet, and while trying to resist that temptation to buy everything out there, I occasionally get very curious about certain products.

Lately I`ve been curious how Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant (v3.0) stacks up compared to everything else out there.

For those that use it, what have your observations been on:

- durability

- ease of use

- slickness

- look (more carnuaba looking than most "sealants"?)

How does it stack up compared to other sealants such as Zaino, Klasses SG, 4* UPP, EX-P, etc.?

It definitely seems to be one of the more expensive sealants on a cost per 16oz bottle basis at the moment. I`m curious what I`ve been missing.

Thanks. :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    you might want to ask over at the AG forum too, more people have used it over there... Autogeekonline Auto Detailing Forum

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane
    There are still tonnes of products I haven`t tried yet, and while trying to resist that temptation to buy everything out there, I occasionally get very curious about certain products.

Lately I`ve been curious how Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant (v3.0) stacks up compared to everything else out there.

For those that use it, what have your observations been on:

- durability

- ease of use

- slickness

- look (more carnuaba looking than most "sealants"?)

How does it stack up compared to other sealants such as Zaino, Klasses SG, 4* UPP, EX-P, etc.?

It definitely seems to be one of the more expensive sealants on a cost per 16oz bottle basis at the moment. I`m curious what I`ve been missing.

Thanks. :2thumbs:

You will get good durability from Wolfgang, more than EX-P. I have not used Zaino, and it`s 4* UPP is very durable as well.

If you apply thin coats I know, Wolfgang, 4*, and EX-P are easy to use and all are slick.

I like the look of Wolfgang, it has a deeper warmer look, close to a carnauba. The other have a plastic wrap look. All are great sealants and you can`t go wrong with any of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Durability - Quite good

Ease of use - Very easy to spread & wiping off is a breeze

Slickness - Very good

Look - IMO I like it more than many sealants I`ve tried but it`s not as cheap as my others.

Heard that 4*UPP is quite as good too. It`s in my list to try out in the near future.

Post Thanks / Like
    I liked the look but it had *terrible* durability.

The application/removal was quite easy and very slick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Todd, that was feelings about the original WG, so you say the new & improved version is about the same - durability wise?

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s odd, I will admit that the old formula did not have the greatest durability, but the durability of the new formula has REALLY surprised me. It`s been 2 1/2 months on my BLACK beater (crappy paint) and it`s only been washed once and still beads like it did the week I applied it, and slickness is still very good.
    www.autogeek.net - We Are Car Care!

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you layer multiple coats of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant and would there any benefit to doing so?

Also, is there some way to tell on the bottle what "version" I have. I bought some earlier this year and I don`t see anything on the bottle that indictates a version.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is indeed layerable. IMO i dont think there would be a benefit to anything over 2 coats. I believe the new version has a sticker that states it is version 3.0, at least some of the pics on the autogeek site show the 3.0 sticker. HTH

Post Thanks / Like
    Correct the new version says 3.0 on the top I don`t think you can buy the old stuff anymore. Durability has improved from the original version, I can`t say how much as I lost track. I do know by the time I lost track it was passed what the original formula would need reapplication.
    "Life is not measured by the breathes we take, but by the moments that take our breathes away" :punk:

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had it on my pops car now since late August and still is slick to the touch after a wash. Beads well, car was an 01 Sebring that was never washed. It had clay, polish, then one coat of the sealant.

Post Thanks / Like
    It does look great, didn`t last that long for me though
    NO! I won`t do your car next.

Post Thanks / Like
    Never used the previous formula so I can`t compare. But I`ve got a 4 week old coat of WDGPS v3.0 on my vehicle that has remained slick and glossy through 4 weeks of constant rain, maintained only with weekly washes. No kidding, there`s been a break of a day or two here and there but otherwise, it`s been a continuous barrage of wet, misty cold rain for the past 6 weeks or so. WDGPS v3.0 is still beading up, each bead distinct from each other, completely round and tall. After the drive home from a rainy trip from work, the hood, roof and upper panels are almost completely devoid of water, with hardly a streak or a water spot. This stuff is good.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used the old version and duability was okay but not great. The good thing about it is that it is soooo easy to put on and remove it is okay to do it more often if you do not mind paying a little more. The look you get from WG sealant is great. I bought a lot of the old version when it was on clearance at AG. I will continue to use it until it is all gone or sell my stock which ever comes first.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. Keep `em coming guys.

Sounds like a good product.

The only sealants I have personal experience with so far are UPP and EX-P (unless you can count Meguiar`s #20 and NXT technically as "sealants" as well.. *shrug*). I love the slickness I get from UPP, and the durability seems decent. And I love the salad oil look that EX-P gives me, although its durability isn`t great (I have the original, not EX-P+).

I wasn`t really planning on getting Klasse SG or the Zaino sealants. But for some reason I can`t quite explain something has been drawing my attention to Wolfgang. If I feel the urge to try another sealant type product that will probably be the one I go for. (That and perhaps something like Opti-Seal as well).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information