Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking about trying the garden sprayer with ONR. Do you guys use just water or water with ONR in your rinse bucket? The reason I am asking is that even though the ONR solution is sprayed on the paint, the MF cloth or wash mitt is saturated with water if the bucket does not contain the ONR solution as well. Would the lack of lubricity on the wash mitt be a cause for concern?

With the 2 bucket method, no sprayer, after each panel is wiped with the mitt with ONR, a dunk in the water bucket rinses the dirt off and then the dunk in the ONR bucket reapplies the ONR solution to the wash mitt.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a sprayer when the car is moderately dirty as a pre-soak (QD strength) and then use ONR with the 2 bucket method.

Post Thanks / Like
    I mix one wash bucket with the prescribed concentration of ONR. Then I mix a rinse bucket of clean water and add a very small amount of ONR to that.

If my car is particularly dirty I will use the garden sprayer IN ADDITION to the normal process mentioned above. I will not replace any part of the process with the garden sprayer. The sprayer has a regularly prescribed mix of ONR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Legacy,

The dilution as a QD is "6 ounces of No Rinse Wash & Shine to a gallon of water to make an excellent quick detailer". That sounds like a lot of ONR per wash.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Less
    I mix one wash bucket with the prescribed concentration of ONR. Then I mix a rinse bucket of clean water and add a very small amount of ONR to that.

If my car is particularly dirty I will use the garden sprayer IN ADDITION to the normal process mentioned above. I will not replace any part of the process with the garden sprayer. The sprayer has a regularly prescribed mix of ONR.

Less,

That sounds like a good approach. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to do like Less does: 2BM with grit guards + pre-soak with garden sprayer (regular ONR wash strength).

But the more I get comfortable with ONR, the more daring I`m becoming. After reading some of Scottwax`s posts, I`ve been using just one bucket for wash and rinse like he says he does. That said, I bumped up the solution ratio just a tad. As well, I haven`t tried it on a REALLY dirty car. On weekly maintainance washes, all is good, i.e. no marring.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rad21
    Thanks Legacy,

The dilution as a QD is "6 ounces of No Rinse Wash & Shine to a gallon of water to make an excellent quick detailer". That sounds like a lot of ONR per wash.
    True on the 6oz. per gallon, but it only takes a qt. or less to pre-soak the bottom panels.

Thread Information