Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SIP worth it?

Post Thanks / Like
    if not working in a garage or under a canopy, is SIP worth it the 150 price tag? I know that IP dusts and flashes rather quickly in the direct sun, where megs 83 last a little longer, and OC even longer.

I just had really good results with menzerna this past weekend that I was thinking about bitting the bullet, but I do more work in the sun rather than in the shade...

Post Thanks / Like
    Try putting a couple of drops of OP with the menz, it will give you longer working time. Not to sure about using menz in the sun

Post Thanks / Like
    It actually works here in Va pretty well. Now if the car is black and the sun is hot: Chose something else.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used it this past weekend in 40-50F weather. I don`t know if I was using to big of a working area but it was spreading or polishing well at ALL. But 85rd was. :werd:

Post Thanks / Like
    see that is what I hear, you have to be in a controlled climate, like a garage for SIP to work properly

I dont want to spend 150 for a gallon of product that will end up on the shelf

Post Thanks / Like
    I use it indoors, but I love SIP. It would probably be rather difficult to use outdoors, just like any polish.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    well...should I get some more IP, or get SIP

$26 vs $50

is it worth double the price? need to order by the weekend

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a gallon of SIP that I bought about 2 months ago from Autogeek. I`ve used maybe 20 ounces TOPS, but probably much closer to 12-16. I can take pictures of it if you would like.

I have honestly just not been reaching for it enough to justify keeping it around.

I paid like $150 plus shipping IIRC, so I think I would do $120 shipped. Let me know...

Post Thanks / Like
    I like and use SIP often but more times than not I have to switch to something else.

It all depends on the condition with SIP, if it`s too hot it dries out quickly, if it`s humid it get gummy.

Like someone said earlier, add a few drop of OP and it works great in any condition.

M105 works well in any condition in the shade or garage

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not try buying a 32oz bottle? If you dont like it, there will be plenty of ppl that would take it off your hands.

Post Thanks / Like
    read that Meg`s now has M205 as finishing polish to 105. might be a good combo.

I used 3/4 of my bottle of IP but have since been doing so many 1 steppers and AIO that I haven`t used it in a while. I`ll probably look to buy something a little more versatile next time.

BUT I do want to try the new Menzerna that claims to cut close to SIP but finish up LSP ready.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dublifecrisis
    read that Meg`s now has M205 as finishing polish to 105. might be a good combo.

I used 3/4 of my bottle of IP but have since been doing so many 1 steppers and AIO that I haven`t used it in a while. I`ll probably look to buy something a little more versatile next time.

BUT I do want to try the new Menzerna that claims to cut close to SIP but finish up LSP ready.

Menzerna Power Finish is great stuff with a rotary and PFW.

Post Thanks / Like
    T-guy. You`re in OC, so weather extremes aren`t a factor. SIP is great stuff, but as an earlier poster suggested, why not invest in the 32oz bottle? There are suppliers/site sponsors that do offer discounts for Autopia members.

Post Thanks / Like
    i am going to get a sample from a member here and test it out for a lot less than buying the 32 oz bottle...

Its not the weather extremes, its the working in the sun all the time thuat has me stumped about SIP. like I mentioned, I bought OC to use in the sun, and 83 works 75% as well as OC in the sun, and I am going to assume from responses that SIP will work like junk in the sun without adding OP to it, but thats just like a waste of product when you have to mix it with something to get it to work right...

thanks though, I just have a lot of other things to restock on and was wondering if I should get some SIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotaguy
    well...should I get some more IP, or get SIP

$26 vs $50

is it worth double the price? need to order by the weekend

Yes, I think so. Much more versatile for me.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information