Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had a few casualties w/ my wool wash mitts in the washer and am looking at replacing them w/ microfiber. Which ones do you guys use? Links would be appreciated if bought online.
    [quote name=`ptaylor_9849`] Black is not a color, it`s a part time job. Patrick[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    the viking microfiber wash mitt is pretty nice and you can find them at your local kragen for around $4...

Post Thanks / Like
    Microfiber wash mitts are recommended here? (vs. sheepskin?)

I thought generally speaking they were considered worse due to less nap. ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use anywhere between 2-3 mitts and at least one GS per washing session for my black vehicles and plan to use MF on the top panels to get my toes wet. The one posted by BigAl3 may fit the bill but I`m of the mind that the tufted ones may be better.
    [quote name=`ptaylor_9849`] Black is not a color, it`s a part time job. Patrick[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like once MF towels get dirt on them(from dropping on dirty ground per se), it traps it in. You virtually need to pick out each little spec or you`re screwed. Does this ever happen with MF wash mitts?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Seems like once MF towels get dirt on them(from dropping on dirty ground per se), it traps it in. You virtually need to pick out each little spec or you`re screwed. Does this ever happen with MF wash mitts?

Meh, nothing that doesn`t come off in the rinse buckets. If you are washing down on the bottom of the vehicle where wet leaves, grass, etc. can get stuck on, then it can become a problem.

I`ve been using Vroom mitts for the last 9 or so months, they are *really* thick and plush, and last a helluva lot longer than sheepskins. I still prefer sheepskin on darker, already polished paint though (probably psychological).

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    MF towels are split and have sharp claws. MF mitts seem to use a differently processed type of MF. I put my sheepskins out to pasture and use MF covered sponges.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d give the Muppet-head mitts from Wal-Mart or Target. I personally don`t use the mitts, but I really like the wash sponges with the same material on one side, and they are only $2.99.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Muppet-head mitts

lollol:lol

Like this?

I would think these are the best.

Post Thanks / Like
    go to your local kragen and check if they have some of these that are on closeout... While we find your parts, please enter your ZIP Code at PartsAmerica.com

Post Thanks / Like
    We use the VIKING mitts and absolutely love them. They are durable, soft, and cheap. We use a presure washer to wash each mitt before using and would recommend sheepskin to anyone just washing with a hose, but the MF mitts work great for us.
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ebpcivicsi
    We use the VIKING mitts and absolutely love them. They are durable, soft, and cheap.

the pile on them is pretty nice as well...

p.s. hope you`re doing well Joe, don`t see you post too often i can imagine how busy you are...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani

IME it *can* happen to a certain degree. Some kinds of [dirt] just don`t want to rinse out of my MF mitts all that readily.

It`s usually not a big problem *for me* because my BHB/foamgun prewash gets that kind of "big stuff" off before I use the mitts, but I do have to be careful and I go through quite a few MF mitts in the course of washing the S8 (which is about the only vehicle I use `em on).

For some reason the Muppet-head ones don`t appeal to me :think: I think it`s because it looks like you`d have to use `em differently than I do my mitts...I fill mine with wash solution (either from the wash bucket or via the foamgun) and then gently wisk them across the surface while the solution drains out, keeping the mitts contact pressure *very* limited. Those mitts just don`t look like they`d work out very well using my method :nixweiss

Hi, ebpcivicsi :wavey Hope you`re keeping busy, wish Accumulatorette would`ve taken the M3 down to Memphis so you coulda done it for me (and you thought the DenaliXL was tough!).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by citizen arcane
    lollol:lol

Like this?

I would think these are the best.

I really like these. They hold lots of water.
    -Jordan

Over the Top Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys! I sure miss the boards and try to poke my head in from time to time to say hello. We have been covered up lately (thank goodness) and I just don`t have time to take pics anymore--especially like the ones I have been seeing lately, the documentation is just incredible.

About the muppet head mitts__I just can`t get them to work for me. :think:
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Thread Information