Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy

Who is that Steve guy ?

Haven`t a clue !:lol

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Good topper for Opti Seal?

Quote Originally Posted by FirstRate View Post
    Right, hence the word average. I don`t believe I referenced 476? :nixweiss

Nope. This is from Optimum`s website:

"Optimum Opti-Seal is a revolutionary paint protection formula that creates unmatched slickness and gloss with just a few drops per vehicle. One ounce completely seals and protects 4-5 cars! This product leaves no residue and requires no buffing. Enjoy months of durable polymer protection with just drops of Opti-Seal.

Optimum Opti-Seal is a true paint sealant with no cleaning properties. It seals and protects paint under a crystal clear barrier of cross-linked polymers. Dirt, moisture, oil, and UV radiation are all sealed out of the paint to maintain optimum gloss. It is a spray sealant that provides the durability of traditional sealants in minutes.

The science behind Opti-Seal is incredible. The hyper concentrated polymer sealant begins cross-linking as soon as it hits the paint. Opti-Seal flashes almost immediately to leave a polymer film on the paint. Opti-Seal is not a short-cut product. It is a state-of-the-art, stand-alone spray sealant that provides real, durable protection for paint, plastic trim, and wheels. This is a last step product, not a maintenance product. After polishing, apply Opti-Seal and walk away. Opti-Seal is the only paint protection your vehicle needs.

Opti-Seal is crystal clear in the bottle and on the paint. Applied very thinly, it will not streak or cloud. Simply spray, wipe, and walk away. Opti-Seal leaves absolutely no residue to buff off. Paint protection couldn’t be any easier!

Opti-Seal contains no fillers or cleaners. This is a true paint sealant. If your vehicle has some light imperfections, use Optimum Poli-Seal or Optimum Polish for removing oxidation and any other paint correction. Top the smooth, shiny finish with Opti-Seal for added protection and gloss. Opti-Seal can also be used as a base coat under Optimum Car Wax or any other car wax."
    What if you`re using Opti-seal as a topper for gloss coat? Would it be redundant to use top gloss coat with opti-seal, then use Sonax BSD (brilliant shine detailer) as a drying aid or just a maintenance product?
    Likes pheerix liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Props for 8 year old thread resurrection
    Likes 04accord, The Guz, Vegas1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pheerix View Post
    Props for 8 year old thread resurrection
    I just had one question, I didn`t think it was necessary to make another thread for it. From past forum experience, most forum goers hate when people don`t use the "search" feature.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess one could go on forever toping this with that and that with another etc etc. But if you have gloss coat and top that with opti seal or use opti seal as a drying aid, I personally don`t see a need to top that with yet another product. At some point you have negated the benefits of using a paint coating. I did my last new vehicle about 9 months ago with Gloss coat and have only used opti seal as a drying aid a few times on it and the surface looks and acts as if it did in January when I installed it. For me that was the reason to use a coating so I didn`t have to keep working on sealing, etc. I can enjoy it and wash it normally and it still looks great.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information