Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manufacturers Claim:

Our Gloss Enhancer provides a mirror like appearance with true depth, clarity, reflection and shine, while removing residual dirt, soap and watermarks that can be left behind from washing.

Gloss Enhancer quick detailer works well in conjunction with our gloss-it clay bar acting as a lubricating agent to remove surface contaminants and road pitch.

Gloss Enhancer Contains 5% (NSAP) Nano Synthetic Advanced Polymer & UV-SORB sun protection which provides protection against extreme temperatures, salt & moisture.

Also contains our UV-SORB sun protection. Cleans & Protects in one step. This quick detailer can be used in direct sunlight.

Not temperature sensitive. Awesome results in? Both humid and dry climates. Will not streak? or stain.

Impressions

There are so many quality QD`s out there that it is hard to `stand-out`. Josh Ottmann (JoshVette) told me that the QD was very very good so I wanted to try it myself. Besides I have quirky rule of thumb, if a company doesn`t make a good QD I really don`t want to try any of their other products.

I was not expecting to love this QD as much as I did and it did come as a bit of a shock. This product will not streak and is very easy to apply. It features very good cleaning ability and is VERY easy to use, even in direct sunlight on black paint.

I tested Gloss Enhancer against some pretty good competition including Zaino Z6 and Z8 as well as Meguiars` UQD and Optimum OID.

Test One: Durability

Tested by: Applying each product to a section of my hood (1/5), which had previously been wiped with DuPont Prep-sol. The product`s where judged on water beading alone.

Z8>GlossIt>OID>Z6>UQD

Z8 beaded water well for about 3 weeks, Gloss It started to loose beading a couple days before. Neither OID, Z6, nor UQD made it past a week.

Test Two: Initial Water Beading, Sheeting

Tested by: Observing initial water beading and sheeting speed.

Gloss It=UQD>OID=Z8>Z6

GlossIt had the same `hydrophobic` response to water as UQD. Water literally ran away from the surface as both where in a league of there own.

Test Three: Initial Slickness

Tested by: Observing initial feel of paint after application and buffing. Sliding microfiber over paint

OID>Gloss It=Z8>Z6=UQD

For the most part these where very close (all top shelf QD`s), but OID is about the slickest thing I have ever felt. GlossIt was inline with the ultra slick Z8 and very slick.

Test Four: Cleaning Ability

Tested by: After wiping the paint with Prep-Sol, I lightly misted water on the hood of my car and let it sit the sun for 30 minutes. The cleaning ability was judged on how easily the QD`s removed the water spotting.

GlossIt=Z6>OID>UQD>Z8

Both Z6 and GlossIt removed the water spotting immediately. OID did a very nice job, requiring just a little pressure; both UQD and Z8 required moderate pressure and a little scrubbing.

Test Five: Ease of Application

Tested By: The first test was to apply the product to my hot roof (not the hood test section) and wiping the product in the direct sun, with the paint hot to touch.

GlossIt>UQD>OID=Z6>Z8

Z8 was very stubborn to use. Z6 and OID both performed well, requiring a little extra rubbing. UQD left very light streaks which required very little extra buffing to level. GlossIt was LEAPS and BOUNDS above the other, wiping away and flashing like on a cool surface and leaving the paint immediately slick. OID required extra rubbing to bring the slickness out.

Test Six: Ease of Use

Tested by: Torture. I applied a squirt to different sections of the roof (not hood test section) and left to sit unwiped in the direct sun for 1 hour. Then I went back and attempted to wipe away the mist.

GlossIt>UQD>OID>Z6>Z8

GlossIt really shined in this test. Little spotting remained and one wipe removed the residue. UQD performed well, coming off with little pressure and light buffing. QID was slightly harder to remove. Both Zaino products actually pooled on the paint and left water looked like water runs. Neither product removed (Z8 was impossible to remove and took several washes to remove completely)

All the products added shine to the paint and in terms of looks I would probably rate Z8 the highest, with OID and GlossIt being equal. Z6 and UQD would probably rate last, but this is my opinion and looks are the must subjective category anyways. Each product definitely improved the gloss, with UQD adding the most carnauba like look and Z8 adding the most gloss.

Conclusion

Overall GlossIt was in the top 2-3 in every category it didn`t win. However the amazing ease of use in any condition and combination of slickness and cleaning power, as well as hydrophobic property easily made this the best overall product in this impromptu comparison.

GlossIt lived up to all of its claims and really embodies an amazing all around product in a ridiculously easy to use package. Simply the best QD I have ever used.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice write up. Sounds like a winner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for taking the time to do this Todd! I`m sure many will benefit from this, including myself.

Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d deleted the Z8, but included 425, 146 and Driven`s QD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where do you buy it from????? That would be helpful. Thanks
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Here you go: Store - Gloss It - An Evolution in Appearance Products - Car care, detailing, car wax, detailing spray, purchase online

The only down side is that it costs twice that of UQD.

Just had a look again and the `3-pack` works out at $15 each...not bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks!...........
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    There are a few products on the Gloss It site Iwant to try. Thanks for the review. Have you tried FK 425? Curious to see how that would have performed in your test

Post Thanks / Like
    Since you stated that it`s "Simply the best QD I have ever used", would you rank #1 versus the other products you`ve tested above?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep I always loved the Gloss Enhancer spray. Excellent review Todd! As much as I loved both Z6 and especially Z8 once I used the Gloss Enhancer I found also that it was just to easy to resist.

Post Thanks / Like
    great write up and review Todd..

Todd,

can you please clear your PM box...

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent write up and comparison Todd, I thought you might like that Gloss It QD, it really is a good one. I love it and am about to buy a whole stack of it as soon as my Z6 runs out.

Gloss It also has a killer tire shine that is very good and durable as well, I`m not sure if it`s on the market yet though....

Josh
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a good QD hybrid but a bit expensive for the average guy who uses QD`s frequently. Z8 works better for me over Zaino than over other products or bare paint. After looking at their site they seem to using a technology similar to Duragloss 601. Looks like some pretty pricey stuff.

97 bonneville/98 Z71
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review TH0001. I don`t doubt this is some good stuff, however, at $19.95 for a 22oz bottle I`ll pass. I just can`t justify paying that much for a QD. I don`t care how good it is. I remember when I was using Wizards mist n shine at $14.25 for a 22oz. I thought that was high, but I paid it anyway, and continued using that product for about a year. For now, I`m sticking with fast clean & shine. At $6.49 for a 22oz bottle you can`t go wrong.

Again, great write up. We all appreciate it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by III
    at $19.95 for a 22oz bottle I`ll pass.

I agree.......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information