Post Thanks / Like
    Ive been looking recently at the Werkstat product line and have a few questions.

For people who use the products, do you use specific products or the "system" they have?

How is the durability, slickness, beading and sheeting of any of the products? How does prime stack up against poli-seal and products of the like? Does anyone prefer either prime acrylic or prime carnuba over the regular prime? Does the surface have to be prepped or ipa wiped before either prime or jett? How does either the acrylic jett or carnuba jett add to any of these properties? Also how does the acrylic jett trigger work?

system im considering

Prime

Acrylic jett, or the jett trigger

Acrylic glos as a frequent qd

and Autobody wash

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sweetlou, I have and use Carnuba Jett and Acrylic Jett. I like both although the Acrylic Jett has quite a learning curve. It cannot be used in warm temperatures or it is really hard to remove, use very thinly, it is best worked in the cool and shade. Has a very nice look and slickness although not as slick as Klasse SG. Very good durability. The Carnuba Jett is a very nice looking product, I use it on Audi red. It is a wipe on wipe off product, almost like Aquawax, but a richer look to it. Haven`t tried their other products, but I certainly can attest to the quality, and if I remember right, extremely good customer service, down to a hand written thank you note, very nice touch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t bother with regular Acrylic Jett, just get the Trigger spray version. It`s super easy to use. I`ve been using Prime, or more recently, Prime: Strong, and Acrylic Jett Trigger on my silver car with great results. I usually apply two coats of AJT. I also am going to add a layer of Danase Wet Glaze and top that with AJT, and add OS and a carnauba topper, probably 476s. I have been very impressed with the Werkstat system. The Acrylic Glos detail spray is good, but I prefer QuickShine. I have not tried the Auto Bath so I can`t comment on that product, but it should be excellent considering the rest of the line. Give it a shot. I think you will be pleased with the results.

Post Thanks / Like
    hmm, i was interested in the acrylic jet trigger, but not sure how it works. Its not a WoWA type product like opti-seal i assume. Do you just spray it on after using prime and wipe it off like a qd, or does it have to haze and be buffed off? Im looking for the finish to be stunning after 1-2 steps so hopefully these deliver those kind of results.?

Post Thanks / Like
    AJT is one of the simplest apray sealants - spray a panel, wipe over with a MF, turn the MF over and final buff - done layered in 30 mins, lasts well and beads well.

Prime Acrylic is a superb AIO, used by machine. Cleans VERY well and is very easy to use.

I now have Prime Strong for wheel duty primarily, and also have the full Carnauba kit as well, but wont be trying that until next spring, so cant comment on it yet...

Post Thanks / Like
    The waterless wash is like CG ONE without the clay; I like it better.

The AutoBathe/car wash is ok but not great. There are better soaps out there, but this one seems very `mild` overall.

AJT is a wonderful product. I like to use the regular Prime, followed with AJ then AJT as a maintenance from there on. Looks GREAT on metallics and very crisp on soids.

The carnauba line is VERY similar but with slightly less durability with very warm looks as well. Not quite as nice as using a `nuba paste but definitely easier overall to apply. The Can. Glos is nice for after-washing touch ups to bring the "look" back as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    yea, i wasnt really looking into the nuba line. Does the acrylic jett trigger last as long as the regular acrylic jett, and give the same amount of protection? The trigger occurred to me as a booster for acrylic jett in between aplications, while the glos was a day to day cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can`t discern any real durability difference between AJ and AJT.

This is a quote straight from the company site:

"Don`t confuse Acrylic Jett: Trigger with a mere quick detailer. This is a fully functional, independent paint sealant."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpikle
    AJT is one of the simplest apray sealants - spray a panel, wipe over with a MF, turn the MF over and final buff - done layered in 30 mins, lasts well and beads well.

Prime Acrylic is a superb AIO, used by machine. Cleans VERY well and is very easy to use.

I now have Prime Strong for wheel duty primarily, and also have the full Carnauba kit as well, but wont be trying that until next spring, so cant comment on it yet...

I am not sure I would consider Prime Acrylic as an AIO since it is fine not to be topped off with an LSP like a regular AIO needs similar to regular Prime. Prime Acrylic is similar to a very good cleaner wax except it is a sealant, not a wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just added a coat of DWG on top of my two coats of AJT, then I topped it all with another layer of AJT. So far, this is one of my favorite combos on my silver car. Extremely wet-looking and very slick.

Thread Information