Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got some questions on the Zaino cleaner and conditioners since I`m thinking of switching to them. What is the best method for applying and removing both of them? I currently use older white cotton t shirts for applying and removing the crappy Meguiars gold class leather cleaner and conditioner. Would something like a microfiber applicator work better for these since they are more of a liquid?

For those that have been using the Zaino leather treatments for a while, how has it done from preventing wrinkling, cracking, and fading of your leather seats?

Has anyone had trouble with either the Z9 or Z10 causing any staining or discoloration to the leather at all?

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it`s a coated leather then it`s all good. If it`s a suede or neubuck then don`t use Z9 or Z10.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with wannafbody. I`ve never had any staining or discoloration using the Zaino leather conditioner. If you already have deep cracks in the leather and cake it on (use way too much) it can dry white in the cracks however. A quick wipe with a damp microfiber can easily fix that (ask me how I know).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    If it`s a coated leather then it`s all good. If it`s a suede or neubuck then don`t use Z9 or Z10.
    Are all leather material seats other than suede or neubuck considered coated leather? I`ve got leather Recaro seats, so I don`t know if they would be considered coated or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Most car interiors these days used a coated/protected/pigmented leather of some sort. There are a few that are using unfinished leather in limited editions and sometimes catch us out!! Suede and Nubuck are not used in car interiors as far as we are aware as they would cause too many problems, most of the ones that have suede/nubuck lookalikes are in fact alcantara or one of the many fabric imitations.

`Conditioning` products are pointless on a coated leather but protection (to protect the coating) is vital. Water (moisture) will `condition` (rehydrate) the leather without the need for creams, oils, waxes etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Which would work better at applying these products, a soft cloth or some sort of applicator?

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to use the cotton applicators that come with my Zaino orders. You can also get the inexpensive cotton applicators for approx. 2 for $2 at most places. I would avoid the microfiber applicators as they tend to absorb too much product in my experience. Of course a soft cloth would work fine too. I don`t think there`s a right or wrong answer so just try a few things and see what you prefer.

Thread Information