Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, my garage floor is a maze. I need to cross about 10 feet of detailing products to get outside.

I was looking into these two shelves.

Shelve one

Shelve two

They are kind of pricey, but I need something to hold Galons/Quarts/Waxes/Pastes/Bottles

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d go for option two cause it`s cheaper unless you really need to have the products closed up.
    -Justin

Post Thanks / Like
    i would go for the first one if you can swing the price, it`s nice to have the extra compartments in the doors, and also being able to shut them closed (see pic below). another option is to check your local costco or sams club for the wire shelve racks...

here`s my buddy`s...

Post Thanks / Like
    nice!

make due with what you need. don`t confuse that want a simple want. also keep in mind this is something that is going to last and you are going to take care of. with that said, it`s justified to spend money to have a good storage unit, but at the same time, with the price difference, think of all the other stuff you could buy that you`ve been eyeing!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t like particle-board shelves for applications like this. Sooner or later *something* is gonna leak and I`d rather have the spill on something like plastic or metal that won`t soak the stuff up.

Similarly, I like wire racks/shelves for some things, but often a solid shelf is better (like for storing products, that leakage issue again..).

Post Thanks / Like
    If you decide on shelf #2 look a Home Depot or Lowes.. My memory tells me there shelves are alot cheaper

Post Thanks / Like
    Sams Club has some really good prices on shelving systems. If you want to go the cheaper route check out their Gorrilla Rack Shelving systems.
    Abralon Surfaced-Makita Powered-Club Flex Finished

Post Thanks / Like
    i was at sams club today, and they had a real nice 6 shelve wire rack for around $80 IIRC...

edit: i forgot to mention the have a similiar style shelve unit (like the one i have pictured) that is silver and around $180 IIRC as well. you`ll have to go see in person what they have...

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d go with option 1 because that`s what I went with. I like being able to lock up my supplies because it`s always nice to have some security when you sometimes go inside the house and your garage is open. Also, it`s a great way to store your products, especially with those spaces in the doors.
    Devil Pad

Professional Automotive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Denz, where in the hell have you been?

BigAl, that is a VERY nice set up!

Post Thanks / Like
    well, here is the shelve unit ($88.24) at sams club and it even has rollers on the bottom too...

Sam`s Club - Chrome Steel Industrial Shelving

also, 8 reviews are pretty good...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EisenHulk

yeah, he know someone who worked at sears and with all the discounts he got it an excellent deal!

Post Thanks / Like
    BigAl3- Assuming that all the shelving racks like that are all about the same, I really like mine. That sounds like a good price too!

But I don`t use them for storing detailing chemicals as any spills would drip down to the lower levels. Putting some kind of solid material on the shelves would probably help a lot in this regard.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the Sam`s shelves, they`re the ones I use as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EisenHulk
    Denz, where in the hell have you been?

Oh just browsing those "other" forums, hehe. I think you know which one (at least) I`m referring to. :dance

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    BigAl3- Assuming that all the shelving racks like that are all about the same, I really like mine. That sounds like a good price too!

But I don`t use them for storing detailing chemicals as any spills would drip down to the lower levels. Putting some kind of solid material on the shelves would probably help a lot in this regard.

I`ve actually seen some Autopian use cardboard on the shelves to address the issue you`re referring to Accumulator.
    Devil Pad

Professional Automotive Detailing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information