HOOKED ON THE DETAILS
    Post Thanks / Like
    any feedback from those that use these products would be appreciated!! THANKS!

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve read good reviews of the swirl remover.

Post Thanks / Like
    +1 on the Swirl Remover. I think it`s cut is similar to Menz IP, maybe SIP?

HOOKED ON THE DETAILS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by landcruiser
    +1 on the Swirl Remover. I think it`s cut is similar to Menz IP, maybe SIP?

Is it as finicky as Menz, dusting?

Post Thanks / Like
    No, it`s not. On "medium" colors (grays,etc) I find it finishes LSP ready with white LC pads (rotary). My main experience with it is on Japanese metallics. I haven`t used it on my black Porsche, though I recall one poster on here comparing it favorably to Menz IP/SIP in finishing ability and preferring it a bit because of the dusting.

I`ve seen other Prima products reviewed here too (Amigo etc) and these too were favorable.

HTH

HOOKED ON THE DETAILS
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, it`s not. On "medium" colors (grays,etc) I find it finishes LSP ready with white LC pads (rotary). My main experience with it is on Japanese metallics. I haven`t used it on my black Porsche, though I recall one poster on here comparing it favorably to Menz IP/SIP in finishing ability and preferring it a bit because of the dusting.

I`ve seen other Prima products reviewed here too (Amigo etc) and these too were favorable.

HTH

THANKS! Just the info I was looking for!!:thx

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

HTH

You should always finish with a softer pad with a rotary. The new Gold LC pad would be perfect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    I`ve read good reviews of the swirl remover.

Quote Originally Posted by POPPAJ
    Is it as finicky as Menz, dusting?

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    You should always finish with a softer pad with a rotary. The new Gold LC pad would be perfect.

The white LC pads finish nice for me with some products via Metabo (106FF or FA for example). Haven`t tried the gold pads though. Do you prefer them to the black, blue or red LC pads for that final "jeweling"?

Again, I`m talking about some of the lighter metallics which don`t show every little flaw like darker--especially black--colors do. Of course YMMV, I`m merely commenting on my personal experience with this one Prima product and how I`ve found it to compare with Menzerna IP/SIP. My preference is Menzerna,but others may not like it.

I think the OP was primarily interested in some observations/experience with the product and comments on dusting?

:xyxthumbs

HOOKED ON THE DETAILS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your feedback all. I may be changing polishes when I use up my Menz.

Post Thanks / Like
    If it helps, I would rate Swirl between IP and SIP. That was my experience on a jet black BMW I did yesterday

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you have a black pad then you`ll be fine with a rotary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Prima Swirl is my goto polish, use it with the PC and orange LC pad, follow with a white LC pad on some hard clear, on my Accord I used it with a white LC pad, followed up with Prima Finish on a black LC pad. Great products, showcardetailing has a lot of Prima info

Post Thanks / Like
    They make great products. Their polishes are very high quality and actually were designed for the PC. I have their entire line of products as they are local to me and they are all great. The cut is REALLY aggressive and will take out some really nasty imperfections. swirl is an a lot like SIP but without much dusting, it does finish down LSP ready but I always go down to their fine when finishing and I think if you ask nicely you might be able to geta sample of their "soft" which is a super fine much like FPII.

Thread Information