Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: NXT vs Zaino?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,

Just curious what people thought about Meguair`s NXT vs Zaino`s Z2/Z5 products? I usually use 3M Swirl Mark remover (and skip the Z5) as I`ve done in the past, but now with my wife`s car joining the mix of mine -- I need to detail it and I have no product left! Would appreciate any thoughts on this, as the search for "Zaino vs NXT" wasn`t very helpful

Thanks!

Charlotte, NC (actually Iron Station, NC)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone want to wager how long this thread will go before it`s locked?
    Ridding the world of swirls, one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL I was thinking the same thing as soon as I saw the title.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there any comparison at all? I don`t think so
    Owner of Major Auto Works. Serving the eastern half of Puerto Rico :xyxthumbs

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is going to get very interesting!...........:laugh:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by weekendwarrior

oh yeah this could take awhile. anyway to the comparison at hand, ive personally have used both products and imho can`t really put them in the same catagory, zaino is well zaino, if you`ve used it it stands alone imho. nxt on the other hand,, while still a very good product, i can`t put it in the same league as zaino, two different looks, not the same durability. i hope you can understand what i`m trying to say. if for example you wanted to compare zaino and say upgp or opti-seal, those are imho in the same catagory, even though nxt is a sealant, to me it`s more like a wax, please keep in mind these are just my personal observations and opinions. i hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Durability is a biggie for me. I like to do the job once, and then be finished for 6 months to a year. My wife`s car will be sitting outside in snow for the first time ever, and I want to make sure her paint is well taken care of in that type of environment.

I guess Zaino it is? I just wanted to hear the pros vs cons, didn`t know it was a hotbutton issue to lock threads

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino, IMO for the best durability. No questions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Since I haven`t heard yet, did the v2.0 of NXT improve at all in appearance or durability? I`m a Zaino user myself, but I`d like to know in case anyone who just wants to purchase OTC asks what they should expect from NXT 2.0.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by simracer
    Since I haven`t heard yet, did the v2.0 of NXT improve at all in appearance or durability? I`m a Zaino user myself, but I`d like to know in case anyone who just wants to purchase OTC asks what they should expect from NXT 2.0.

Thanks!
    That is kind of where I was coming from -- just wanted to know as a longtime Zaino user (and happily so). I usually keep restocked, but I have now run out and figured it was about time to re-up my order... just stopped by to ask

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino (10 character limit)

Charlotte, NC (actually Iron Station, NC)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiar`s and Zaino are two products that people seem to get most passionate about. In my opinion, each make great products, but when it comes to NXT 2.0 vs Zaino - Zaino all the way!!!
    Ridding the world of swirls, one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by weekendwarrior

There`s no reason for the thread to be locked unless a band of idiots get into it and can`t remain civil.

I`m not aware of any recent changes in Zaino`s Z-2 or Z-5, but there are big improvement in Meguiar`s NXT Tech Wax 2.0 and Meguiar`s #21 2.0. Both of these products are significantly better than the original versions. Of the two, I like Meguiar`s #21 the best.

NXT 2.0 has the same gloss as the original version, which was very good, but it is now easier to apply and the gloss and slickness do not knock down after the first or second wash. For an OTC consumer product that`s available everywhere, it`s among the best out there. On an ounce-for-ounce basis, it costs about half of what Zaino costs.

Mirror Glaze No. 21 is a huge improvement for Meguiar`s. This is the first product they have made that I would actually call a contender. Easy on, easy off. Very nice gloss and clarity, and it offers the best durability in the Meguiar`s range.

I think that rather than get into a battle of words on what product is best, in particular if you have not used all of the current products side-by-side, as I have, it might be appropriate to simply acknowledge Meguiar`s for vastly improving their products.

db

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB
    There`s no reason for the thread to be locked unless a band of idiots get into it and can`t remain civil.

I`m pretty sure that`s what he meant, we know threads don`t get locked here for no reason (as some passionate banned Zaino users claim).

I still think the OP will be best off with Zaino for durability.

Post Thanks / Like
    Both look good IMO but Zaino takes the cake for durability and the slickness lasts much longer as well. I found NXT 2.0 to lose a lot of the slickness after about 4 weeks where as Zaino Ive had feel like the day I applied it after 5 months.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information