Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Meg`s D151

Post Thanks / Like
    Could you top Meguiar’s D151 with Opti-Seal, or do you need to do a 50/50 wipe down first? I’ve never used D151 yet but I’m very interested and thinking of giving it a try.

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont see why not, to my knowledge it doesnt leave anything behind like fillers, etc. It`s has more cut than #83 and it`s not formulated for newer paint like Solo.
    Quality Doesn`t Cost, It Pay`s

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RDAVEX7
    I dont see why not, to my knowledge it doesnt leave anything behind like fillers, etc. It`s has more cut than #83 and it`s not formulated for newer paint like Solo.

I`m not sure where you got your information, but Meg`s D151 is meant to be used as a one-step product, meaning it leaves behind a protectant... I can safely assume it shouldn`t be topped with anything due to bonding issues...

I`ve also found it has the cut of something like M80 and nowhere near 83...
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lecchilo
    I`m not sure where you got your information, but Meg`s D151 is meant to be used as a one-step product, meaning it leaves behind a protectant... I can safely assume it shouldn`t be topped with anything due to bonding issues...

Opti Seal, read the bottle, it can go over anything just like its two competitors, ZCS and UPGP.

Post Thanks / Like
    D151 does leave some form of protection on the paint work and the cut is actually more than M83. Here`s a quote from MOL by Tim,

But since it is rated more aggressive than M83, I was curious to see how fine it would finish down.

For more details you can follow the link below,

*New* Meguiar`s D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream Review!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by -Longhorn-
    Opti Seal, read the bottle, it can go over anything just like its two competitors, ZCS and UPGP.

Gotcha... didn`t know that about Opti Seal..

Quote Originally Posted by Gen2
    D151 does leave some form of protection on the paint work and the cut is actually more than M83. Here`s a quote from MOL by Tim,

But since it is rated more aggressive than M83, I was curious to see how fine it would finish down.

For more details you can follow the link below,

*New* Meguiar`s D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream Review!!!

That`s weird as I found it`s cut to be near #80... I used it for a little less than a couple hours so maybe I need to play with it some more, but I honestly saw it as a nice finishing polish when it came to cutting ability...
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Meg`s claims that it has more cut than #83...but i havent heard anyone that has used it confirm it...they always compare it to #80 like lechilo....but i havent used it so take that with a grain of salt....they say it is very pad dependent so i think a common pad should be discussed because that will have a big determinant on its level of cut

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanrossbell
    Meg`s claims that it has more cut than #83...but i havent heard anyone that has used it confirm it...they always compare it to #80 like lechilo....but i havent used it so take that with a grain of salt....they say it is very pad dependent so i think a common pad should be discussed because that will have a big determinant on its level of cut

Actually pads shouldn`t be discussed when comparing products as far as how much they `cut`... it`s rare that polish 1 will cut more than polish two on pad A but less on pad B... I`ve used M83 for over 3 years now, mostly with Meg`s 8006 pad and LC PFW, orange and white... I used D151 only for about 1.5 hours with 8006 and LC white and the cut didn`t even come close... as I said about the cut of M80 more or less... I`d have to use it over and over on the same paint to compare 80 and 151 (which I will end up doing shortly haha) but I used it next to 83 and it cuts much less, but definitely leaves a better surface because of it`s `one-step` nature
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>

Post Thanks / Like
    interesting, i was going to pick up some d151, but if it doesn`t cut better than m80 then I dont think its worth it for me to pick it up for my arsenal....I may break down and buy a small sample of it...I do need to re order some stuff....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bwalker25
    interesting, i was going to pick up some d151, but if it doesn`t cut better than m80 then I dont think its worth it for me to pick it up for my arsenal....I may break down and buy a small sample of it...I do need to re order some stuff....

D151 would be very good for a light polish with something like 8006 or LC white pad every 2-3 months to polish and seal... I just wouldn`t use it as a one step for a paying client with moderate swirls because it would take only 30mins or so longer to do M80 and a wax/sealant and results are better... again, I don`t have enough experience with D151 to comment on it too much, but I am sure it doesn`t cut as much as 83
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>

Post Thanks / Like
    interesting, was this used with a rotary or or DA polisher?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bwalker25
    interesting, was this used with a rotary or or DA polisher?

rotary & meg`s 8006 is how I compared 151 to 83, SIP and 106ff in terms of cut
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    How does this stuff stack up against Poli-Seal as far as correction?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lecchilo

Just because it is an AIO does not mean you can not top it. Many people on the Meguiars site top it with NXT 2.0 or M21.

I would go ahead and use the OS on it.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information