Post Thanks / Like
    On an engine what do you use? I`m talking real bad. I normally use B52 Engine Brite but I don`t think thats going to cut it this time. Its not only the engine but the compartment too. What really takes grease off? Will P21S Wheel Gel Do it?

DG

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m going to say Megs Super Degreaser. That stuff is POTENT!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EisenHulk
    I`m going to say Megs Super Degreaser. That stuff is POTENT!

I believe this is the strongest stuff I`ve used.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kerosene.

(10 chars)
    A well-prepared surface will make any wax look good.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d use the strongest degreaser you can find along with *steam*.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Black240SX
    Kerosene.

(10 chars)

+1, except I use new car prep from AI.

Soak the grease down with the safety solvent(kerosene should work similarly), let it break dwon all the carbon deposits, then soak the engine down with degreaser, let dwell, agitate, and rinse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gbackus
    ... I use new car prep from AI..[instead of kerosene]....

Yeah, New Car Prep has pretty much become my go-to solvent for jobs like this :xyxthumbs Wonder if there`s *really* any reason why it`d be better than Wurth CleanSolv/PrepSol/etc :nixweiss Eh...I use `em all, but I find reasons to choose one or the other depending on what I`m doing.

Wiping away as much of the really nasty stuff with a solvent and *then* using the degreaser might be the best of both worlds.

I dunno...I end up going back and forth between the two approaches, using degreasers on some jobs and solvents on others :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Yeah, New Car Prep has pretty much become my go-to solvent for jobs like this :xyxthumbs Wonder if there`s *really* any reason why it`d be better than Wurth CleanSolv/PrepSol/etc :nixweiss Eh...I use `em all, but I find reasons to choose one or the other depending on what I`m doing.

Wiping away as much of the really nasty stuff with a solvent and *then* using the degreaser might be the best of both worlds.

I dunno...I end up going back and forth between the two approaches, using degreasers on some jobs and solvents on others :nixweiss

I use the AI stuff because I trust that of all the alternatives, its the safest(IMO) for the vehicles and its components, as well as myself. Some don`t like the fact that it does not work as quickly as say maybe prepsol(when used as a wax remover), but I have come to learn that many times, fast does not mean safe. JMO

Post Thanks / Like
    gbackus- Yeah, that`s kinda my thinking too; whenever I`m even remotely concerned about a solvent being safe enough, I go with the NCP :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    maybe not very helpful, as I dont think this stuff is available in the US....but I use Bilt hamber Surfex HD.

This stuff is an amazing cleaner and is water based and is very easy and safe to use on any grease OR organic mess It very powerful and a 1:10 (10%) Surfex:water solution EASILY cleans a dirty engine bay and just needs a rinse off.

I used it neat to remove 30 years of thick grease from inside an old garage bench vice. I sprayed it on neat and left it for 30 secs and then just rinsed it with a hose - 100% clean This has become my staple cleaner for anything other than fabric. Even a 1% solution (yes 1:100 dilution) will clean nicely on light soiling and I use a 3% (1:33) solution as a wax safe pre-spray on dirty cars ahead of a foam and wash etc.

Oh, and it is cheap as well.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Pickle.

You need to check out the Deox then!

Thread Information