Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m curious to see the answers for this as well, Paul. I have the #06068 Ultrafina, and I`m wondering if this is just a product # change, instead of a new formula.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think one is the US version and the other UK. Although I may be off on that.

Post Thanks / Like
    You may be right. I did a search on 3M`s site and PIII only came up in UK docs. But why would Pakshak sell both with a $10 difference?

Post Thanks / Like
    I dunno. I was trying to figure that out before I bought my first batch of UF, too. I posted here with the 06068 part number, and was told that was the right one, so that`s the one I bought.

The more I use UF, the more I love the stuff. If 3M ever screws around with it`s formulation, I`m gonna be one pissed-off Supe.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    To cover his costs? :think:

I honestly have no idea, Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti
    You may be right. I did a search on 3M`s site and PIII only came up in UK docs. But why would Pakshak sell both with a $10 difference?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm...the thick plottens. :cooleek:

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, Supe. I`ll be trying out the UF for the first time this weekend on my buddy`s black 2002 Accord (That`s in REALLY bad shape). I think I may be borrowing Eliot Ness` (John) Metabo for the job, so I wanted to see what you were using it with to jewel. I may be mistaken, but don`t you use a red pad with that?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
    I dunno. I was trying to figure that out before I bought my first batch of UF, too. I posted here with the 06068 part number, and was told that was the right one, so that`s the one I bought.

The more I use UF, the more I love the stuff. If 3M ever screws around with it`s formulation, I`m gonna be one pissed-off Supe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Crazy Aussies...first their toilets flow counterclockwise and now this. Hahahaha.:2thumbs:

Hmm...the thick plottens. :cooleek:

Post Thanks / Like

The one with the blue top(PIII) is the UK version. The other with Nascar(P3000) is the US version. He also has the 6 inch pads that are only sold in the UK the US are 8.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EisenHulk
    Hey, Supe. I`ll be trying out the UF for the first time this weekend on my buddy`s black 2002 Accord (That`s in REALLY bad shape). I think I may be borrowing Eliot Ness` (John) Metabo for the job, so I wanted to see what you were using it with to jewel. I may be mistaken, but don`t you use a red pad with that?

Casey, you`re gonna love it. Yeah, my pad of choice for *jeweling* with UF is the red wave finishing foam. The softest paint I`ve ever worked on is the Bentley that Greg and I slaved over the other day. Even on soft Bentley paint, the red wave foam and UF finished down *flawlessly*. (This was the first time I`d had an opportunity to use UF on really soft paint.) We poured over that car in direct sun looking for grams after UF/red and didn`t find *any*. It should be just the ticket for that soft Honda paint, too. On harder paints, I like it with the finishing wool, of course, but Honda is just too soft for that. Keep the RPM`s in the 1k-1.2k range, too. Any faster, and you could end up with grams. Not to mention UF sling all over the neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by EisenHulk
    Crazy Aussies...first their toilets flow counterclockwise and now this. Hahahaha.:2thumbs:
    Now that there`s just *funny*!
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Wonder what *functional* differences there might be between the two versions :think:

If the UK one were non-VOC-compliant I wouldn`t expect PakShack to offer it for US sale.

Of course, for me, well... my fondness for the PI-III line makes me kneejerk in favor of that version

SuperBee364- You make the UF sound downright Accumlator-proof with regard to holograms! I take it it`s *better* in that regard than 1Z HG? Not that you guys are gonna get me to forgo my Cyclos in favor of more rotary work any time soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Wonder what *functional* differences there might be between the two versions :think:

If the UK one were non-VOC-compliant I wouldn`t expect PakShack to offer it for US sale.

Of course, for me, well... my fondness for the PI-III line makes me kneejerk in favor of that version

SuperBee364- You make the UF sound downright Accumlator-proof with regard to holograms! I take it it`s *better* in that regard than 1Z HG? Not that you guys are gonna get me to forgo my Cyclos in favor of more rotary work any time soon

Little info sent to me from 3M - Detailing Bliss Forum

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator

LOL, you *may* just change your tune if you try the UF with a red finishing pad on the rotary. Even on butter soft paint you can finish out holo-free. FPII with the red pad would be hard to get grams with, too. Even those ever-so-slight, very-hard-to-see-unless-you`re-Accumulator grams don`t stand a chance.

Post Thanks / Like
    3m UK vs US - Detailing Bliss Forum

Looks like conflicting info....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information