Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can someone tell me the difference between:

NXT Generation® Speed Detailerâ„¢ G13224 Product Information

and

Ultimate Quik Detailer® G14422 Product Information

I bought the Ultimate Quik Detailer to try in place of my trusty AW. A bit pricey at Pep Boys but I was curious.
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilchy
    Can someone tell me the difference between:

NXT Generation® Speed Detailerâ„¢ G13224 Product Information

and

Ultimate Quik Detailer® G14422 Product Information

I bought the Ultimate Quik Detailer to try in place of my trusty AW. A bit pricey at Pep Boys but I was curious.

I have used both, the NXT sits on the shelf. UQD is nice, but not my favorite look or application, guess I am spoiled by Z8

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    The NXT detailer is just another pretty generic Meg`s QD in an NXT bottle so you buy that one in addition to the red bottle. The UQD is supposed to be "hydrophobic" and a bit more like AW, but IME it was no AW.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always use my NXT QD for my wheels to get brake dust off.

Never used UQD yet...
    Converted over to ONR & now Lowes grout sponge. Protected by 3M clear bra, and one layer of Zaino is all you need!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have UQD that I`ve been playing with , really don`t see anything special if not even disappointing. You guys see any of that ?

Post Thanks / Like
    UQD has better slickness and slightly darkens the paint. It also improves beading for the next couple of rain events.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is a QD not a spray wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used my UQD for the 1st time yesterday and was impressed. didnt do much for the look of the paint but today after it rained it beaded noticeably more than when it just had #21 on it. And when I drove away all the water just slid off my truck.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love UQD. It really darkens the paint and prolongs the beading action(Give beading if its not waxed) but I agree that its alittle $$. Ive yet to buy a bottle, I got one free bottle at a Megs road Show and got another in the Megs Gift set that came with the NXT2.0. I usually use UQD after each wash.

Post Thanks / Like
    Strange...I liked UQD initally but it really seemed to attract dust and any lint within miles.

nice look, great sheeting and beading but I cant get over the other problem so I no longer use it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nerver used the NXT speed detailer, but UQD is good as a cleaning QD IMO. It does darken the paint, and adds a slight hint of gloss.

I polycharged one of the four bottles that I had and I really loved UQD after that. It gave the the UQD a nice glossy look and added durability for a QD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jfsully
    Strange...I liked UQD initally but it really seemed to attract dust and any lint within miles.

nice look, great sheeting and beading but I cant get over the other problem so I no longer use it.

That`s odd, because the one major thing I love about using UQD is that I find that the dust doesn`t stick to my finish hardly at all. Owning a black car that is daily driven means I`m constantly breaking out the california duster, but after I started using UQD (instead of Mother`s Showtime spray) I found I didn`t need to dust nearly as often.

Post Thanks / Like
    For me UQD is great. It doesn`t seem to streak at all compared the Meg`s QD (Red bottle). Like people mentioned before it darkens the paint and leaves it slick. Slick enough that I don`t have to clean that often anymore. Problem is, that`s it pretty expensive for an OTC QD. At $10/bottle it`s about twice the price of other OTC QDs. Too bad they don`t sell them by gallons...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mysteryan
    For me UQD is great. It doesn`t seem to streak at all compared the Meg`s QD (Red bottle). Like people mentioned before it darkens the paint and leaves it slick. Slick enough that I don`t have to clean that often anymore. Problem is, that`s it pretty expensive for an OTC QD. At $10/bottle it`s about twice the price of other OTC QDs. Too bad they don`t sell them by gallons...

Actually they do. The MirrorGlaze Synthetic Spray M135 is the equivalent to UQD. You can PU at ADS for about $28.95 if I remember right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, I guess I am spoiled...You can pickup a two pack of Ultimate Quik Detailer at BJ`s for around 15 Bucks. However knowing that I can pick it up at ADS under that number is a great insight as well.

I have been using it now for about a month and have noticed that it does darken the paint a bit. It definitely improves beading for the next few rain events as well. For a QD, it does a good job for providing that kind of result!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information