Post Thanks / Like
    Saw this on ebay and then found it at autodetailingsolutions.com...I wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with it.

eBay Motors: NEW Generation Clay Bar Auto Detail Magic Shine Eraser (item 150253628069 end time Jun-29-08 19:38:10 PDT)

Hi-Tech Body Sponge

Post Thanks / Like
    i have used it, but i would warn about using it on dark/black cars. it lasts forever as you can clean them off so to speak. but ever abrasive. they will leave visible marring on dark colors. CG has it, called clay bar alternative

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn`t this similar to "Ultima Elastrofoam Paint Cleaning System"?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm...call me skeptic - the thing with clay is that it grabs and holds contaminants - how does a rubber coated sponge do that?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used one (the Ultima packaged one-but it`s going to be the same sponge sold with other kits from other places-the difference is the clay lube that comes with it) and it works very well.

Earlier this year, I had tested it and used a normal clay bar to see if there was anything in the paint (the car was less than a year old when I did this). Some dirt came up.

So knowing that was some contaminants in the paint, I used the elastrofoam sponge near the same section, then followed up with the clay bar again to see if anything remained. It was clean-so the sponge did do the job.

But like I said, the car is fairly new, so I don`t know how well the sponge works on more intensive contaminants.
    1994 E36 Hellrot 325is

2007 E92 Jet Black 335i

http://team-bar.com/335_325_sig.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    If it really works well, I think it`s much more convenient than traditional clay. I`m really curous about fact that it needs only water as a lube, and it can be reused 15-25 times. Gotta get one of these to try...

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read that the elastrofoam bars tend to micromar more than traditional clay.

Post Thanks / Like
    So are we really saying that with lube, a piece of innertube rubber (basically the same as this w/o a sponge backing) would replace clay??? It still seems to me that a contaminant would get embeded into the clay, while this rubber `eraser` would just move it across the surface. If it works, terrific - it just seems like there could be more risk of marring with a rubber bar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeysdad
    So are we really saying that with lube, a piece of innertube rubber (basically the same as this w/o a sponge backing) would replace clay??? It still seems to me that a contaminant would get embeded into the clay, while this rubber `eraser` would just move it across the surface. If it works, terrific - it just seems like there could be more risk of marring with a rubber bar.

The one I have doesn`t feel like a piece of intertube rubber, it is much softer and "gummier". Similar to a piece of taffy stuck on the sponge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Domas
    If it really works well, I think it`s much more convenient than traditional clay. I`m really curous about fact that it needs only water as a lube, and it can be reused 15-25 times. Gotta get one of these to try...

Does it say that on the packaging? Not sure I would be comfortable doing that. I always use a little car wash.

Post Thanks / Like
    it`s been discussed several times on this board. you can find them cheaper at autodetailingsolutions.com ($12 each i believe). i found that if you`re not careful, especially around curved edges, you may accidentally rub the bar at an angle and create a black mark on the paint (nothing that polishing/cleaning can`t take out...)

it works great on really dirty cars and is MUCH faster than a normal clay job. however, i did notice some marring and would not recommend it on dark colored cars.

i`ve used my bar about 10-15 times so far and it`s still holding up.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would search the forums here for elastrofoam. Very similar or the same product.

Post Thanks / Like
    i used to sell the exact product yall are talking about. only use it if you like lots of scratches in your paint. also, they only cost 2.75... maaaad rape.

Thread Information