Thread: Corvette hatch

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys,

What should I use to clean/wipe down the inside of the hatch on an 07 Corvette coupe hatch? It`s the black area that surrounds the back glass. I don`t really know what type of finish it is. I`m not sure whether to use a QD or a protectant or something else. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s just a rubberized plastic. Dress it with whatever dressing you have such as 303 or Black Wow etc. Without dressing it looks kinda nasty when you look over you shoulder at it.

Patrick

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ptaylor_9849
    It`s just a rubberized plastic. Dress it with whatever dressing you have such as 303 or Black Wow etc. Without dressing it looks kinda nasty when you look over you shoulder at it.

Patrick

Thanks Patrick. You have a vette as well, don`t you? I saw a thread similar to this on the corvette forum but most of the owners are not "autopians" so I was hesitant to try some of the suggestions. I mixed 303 & Meguiar`s #40 and I like the look so I`ll give that a shot. I just didn`t know if I should be using a protectant or a QD or something I don`t have. I appreciate your response.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Jim. It appears we have something in common. What you put on will work well.

[IMG][/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like
    Patrick,

Awesome car. Hopefully that will be my next one. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim, I thought my C6 was fast. Holy mackeral is the Z06 fast. It`s kinda like being on an amusement ride. You step on the gas and get pinned in your seat. Then at some point you realize that you actually have to snap out of the adrenaline rush and shift gears. At 100 mph the tach is still idling around 2k and you realize that your only at the halfway point of what the car is capable of. Seems like the Z is well known for it`s speed and performance. Here`s an example: When I used to drive in my black C6, people would look and give me the thumbs up. Then when I got the Z06, they still look but now they motion with their hands to burn rubber, speed up, race etc. They don`t just want to see it, they want to see it go go go. Just an observation.

Patrick

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim, I thought my C6 was fast. Holy mackeral is the Z06 fast. It`s kinda like being on an amusement ride. You step on the gas and get pinned in your seat. Then at some point you realize that you actually have to snap out of the adrenaline rush and shift gears. At 100 mph the tach is still idling around 2k and you realize that your only at the halfway point of what the car is capable of. Seems like the Z is well known for it`s speed and performance. Here`s an example: When I used to drive in my black C6, people would look and give me the thumbs up. Then when I got the Z06, they still look but now they motion with their hands to burn rubber, speed up, race etc. They don`t just want to see it, they want to see it go go go. Just an observation.

Patrick

I haven`t had the chance to ride in one yet. That`s probably a good thing. I`d have the fever so bad, I`d have to get one. I just got mine in FEB 07 so I`d lose a ton right now. It`s too bad, several forum dealers have them heavily discounted.

So on your car (did you sell/trade the black one?) what sealant/wax do you use now? I just stripped all of the sealant/wax off and put FK 1000P and Pink Wax last weekend. I washed it yesterday and used DG AW and followed that with SCG Hot Rod Detailer. I have to say, it looks pretty darn good. I`m not sure what the difference is between SCG Speed Demon (I guess it has some `nuba) and the Hot Rod Detailer. I like them both but I also use DG AW, FC&S, 521 Marine Detail Spray and last but not least FK 425. Guess you could say I like QDs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim, don`t rule out a trade just yet. I called numerous dealers looking for a trade and kept getting low balled around 32k. I kept calling until I found one in CT that the dealer wanted off his showroom floor to make room for new inventory. He originally offered the same low ball of 32 that I got elsewhere. I politely said no thanks. He called me the next day and said "Make an offer". I said what? He said, make an offer and I`ll present it to my boss. I said, ok I want 38k for my trade. He called me back within 5 minutes and said "Your offer has been accepted". When I went to look at the Z it had polished aluminum wheels. I stood back and said "Never mind, I`m not interested" The salesman panicked and said why not. I replied, the polished wheels do not properly accent the glossy yellow paint. He then said " What do you want"? I looked around the showroom until I found a brand new 08 with chrome wheels. I said, I want those chrome wheels on the yellow one. He said they`re yours. So I got an 07 with Nav, chrome wheels and 1600 miles for my C6 and $27k. Remember, the economy is terrible right now. It`s much easier for the dealer to re-sell your C6 than it is to move a Z06. Use that to your advantage and see what you come up with. My C6 was sold within two hours after I dropped it off for trade. It never even made the dealers website.

Patrick

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim, don`t rule out a trade just yet. I called numerous dealers looking for a trade and kept getting low balled around 32k. I kept calling until I found one in CT that the dealer wanted off his showroom floor to make room for new inventory. He originally offered the same low ball of 32 that I got elsewhere. I politely said no thanks. He called me the next day and said "Make an offer". I said what? He said make an offer and I`ll present it to my boss. I said, ok I want 38k for my trade. He called me back within 5 minutes and said "Your offer has been accepted". When I went to look at the Z it had polished aluminum wheels. I stood back and said "Never mind, I`m not interested" The salesman said why not. I replied, the polished wheels do not properly accent the glossy yellow paint. He then said " What do you want"? I looked around the showroom until I found a brand new 08 with chrome wheels. I said, I want those chrome wheels on the yellow one. He said they`re yours. So I got an 07 with Nav, chrome wheels and 1600 miles for my C6 and $27k. Remember, the economy is terrible right now. It`s much easier for the dealer to re-sell your C6 than it is to move a Z06. Use that to your advantage and see what you come up with. My C6 was sold within two hours after I dropped it off for trade. It never even made the dealers website.

Patrick

Patrick, was it used? That would be perfect with such low miles. Let someone else take the big depreciation hit. You did well. I bet you were excited since you didn`t think it would happen. The Z06 is a beast. Period. I`ve seen way too many videos of the cars it can beat. Pretty impressive. I was waiting to see if they were going to come out with an automatic so my wife could drive it. With the new CAFE restrictions, if I hear that they`re downsizing the horsepower on the Z06, I`m heading straight to a dealer and buying one. I won`t miss out on this vehicle.

So what do you use on your exterior?

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim, don`t rule out a trade just yet. I called numerous dealers looking for a trade and kept getting low balled around 32k. I kept calling until I found one in CT that the dealer wanted off his showroom floor to make room for new inventory. He originally offered the same low ball of 32 that I got elsewhere. I politely said no thanks. He called me the next day and said "Make an offer". I said what? He said make an offer and I`ll present it to my boss. I said, ok I want 38k for my trade. He called me back within 5 minutes and said "Your offer has been accepted". When I went to look at the Z it had polished aluminum wheels. I stood back and said "Never mind, I`m not interested" The salesman said why not. I replied, the polished wheels do not properly accent the glossy yellow paint. He then said " What do you want"? I looked around the showroom until I found a brand new 08 with chrome wheels. I said, I want those chrome wheels on the yellow one. He said they`re yours. So I got an 07 with Nav, chrome wheels and 1600 miles for my C6 and $27k. Remember, the economy is terrible right now. It`s much easier for the dealer to re-sell your C6 than it is to move a Z06. Use that to your advantage and see what you come up with. My C6 was sold within two hours after I dropped it off for trade. It never even made the dealers website.

Patrick

Great deal ....:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim, on my black C6 I used Clearkote RMG smothered in Souveran. The yellow is so forgiving that I use Zaino for it`s simplicity and crazy shine. Yes, my Z06 was used. I have only had it for about two weeks so the deals are definately still out there.

Patrick

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim, on my black C6 I used Clearkote RMG smothered in Souveran. The yellow is so forgiving that I use Zaino for it`s simplicity and crazy shine. Yes, my Z06 was used. I have only had it for about two weeks so the deals are definately still out there.

Patrick

Thanks for the info! I did my wife`s Lexus in Zaino when we first got it. 2 weeks huh - you still get the new car grin every time you get in. Lucky dog. And you got the fastest color.

Post Thanks / Like
    Patrick, that is *such* a beautiful car.... seeing all that yellow is making me miss my old `bee.

Going from black to yellow... isn`t it great how you have to look so close to see any imperfections in the paint?
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Thread Information