Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    i am going to buy a pressure washer and foam cannon setup but i am on a budget.

is the karcher the easiest pressure washer to hook up the cam spray cannon on? which attachments do i need to hook it up to the karcher gun?

also does the amount of PSI affect how much foam will come out?

TIA :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Do a search on this. If you get a karcher unit with the bayonet style wand you`ll need a few parts to hook up a cam spray to it.

I think the guy who found the parts was `maxpsi`..

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...ment-test.html

Post Thanks / Like
    i was looking for that thread for centuries and i couldnt find it. thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    how much psi is good for a electric washer that wont harm the paint?

Post Thanks / Like
    If you`re on a budget, I`d recommend spending money on something else. IMO, your money would be better spent on something more useful. FWIW, I have a Karcher electric PW and a camspray foam cannon with the special adapter to fit my Karcher from AutoBrite. The AutoBrite adapters are junk because they don`t fit correctly. There are days when I just cannot put on or take off the foam cannon to/from my wand. The fix is to drill out the adapter, but I shouldn`t have to mod my adapter in the first place to make it fit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackElantraGT
    If you`re on a budget, I`d recommend spending money on something else. IMO, your money would be better spent on something more useful. FWIW, I have a Karcher electric PW and a camspray foam cannon with the special adapter to fit my Karcher from AutoBrite. The AutoBrite adapters are junk because they don`t fit correctly. There are days when I just cannot put on or take off the foam cannon to/from my wand. The fix is to drill out the adapter, but I shouldn`t have to mod my adapter in the first place to make it fit.

too late. i just ordered the cam spray. now looking for a pressure washer.:woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the GPM has more to do with the amount of foam, but most should be able to produce decent thick foam with the right mixes, just check some of those youtube videos. If you get a pw with separate hose and gun (as opposed to the units that have the hose permanently attached) then you could always just buy a new gun. If you get one with the hose and gun together you need a new hose and a new gun.

You can grab the gun from lowes or hd for about 40, 25` hose costs 16 if you go that route.

Post Thanks / Like
    just got my foam cannon and attachments today.:woot:

pics will come soon of the attachments recommended on this site worked perfectly. crazy foam with meguiars gold class.:woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    Crazy foam with megs gold class, you havent seen foam yet then. Unless you`re using a ton of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Auto Detail
    Crazy foam with megs gold class, you havent seen foam yet then. Unless you`re using a ton of it.

What soap is good for foaming in either a cannon or just a foam gun? I thought I got decent results with Meg`s Gold Class in my foam gun, but I am always looking for something better. CG CWG?

Post Thanks / Like
    CG CWG works very well. 2oz and 30 oz water.

Post Thanks / Like

i used a bit more soap because this is new and i havent tested what levels are good. i am also using the original bottle.

What do you use to measure the oz that you put in?

How many ounces is the original bottle?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by craZdetailer

How many ounces is the original bottle?

Don`t you have some info that came with it?

Also, I`m not sure if it`s the same for pressure washer foamers but the ones that you use with a plain garden hose need the viscosity of the liquid in the container to be near the viscosity of water which means you use X liquid to X ounces of water which makes the solution more fluid and less syrup like.

Post Thanks / Like
    So what kind of pressure washer did you end up with... Karcher? I used 3 oz of Meguirs NXT to 29 oz of water and I get thick foam, thicker than that, or at least it seems like it`s thicker, at the highest thickness. The original bottle is small, I would guess 16 oz but I haven`t measured it. Just got some CG CWG which I`ll try out soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ptirmal
    So what kind of pressure washer did you end up with... Karcher? I used 3 oz of Meguirs NXT to 29 oz of water and I get thick foam, thicker than that, or at least it seems like it`s thicker, at the highest thickness. The original bottle is small, I would guess 16 oz but I haven`t measured it. Just got some CG CWG which I`ll try out soon.

Lately I`ve been kinda disappointed with Chemical Guys, but I have to admit, CG`s CW&G is, by far, my favorite car soap.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information