Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought this was discontinued, the site is no longer there. Turtle wax shows the cd-2 bottle. I know there was a discussion about this awhile ago. I got some cans off someone off this board, since i could not find it at any autozone. I was just going to autozone to see what they had, since someone said they use there $9.99 waffle weave no problems. I checked it out, i didnt buy it. I thought of cd-2 when i checked last time and I only saw that other stuff from black magic. That manager before said it was same product and they patented it, blah blah. Well what do you know, I just went back to the same area where the engine cleaning stuff is and I discovered the one and only! i just bought all 4 bottles of cd-2 engine detailer that they had. :dance Dont know how they got them, I thought there not being made anymore? Now I have these and also malco perfect 10.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t heard anything recently about CD-2 being discontinued but I think it may have been in the past...I don`t know. Everyone seems to say the Black Magic stuff is no good compared to CD-2. Glad to hear you found some.

Post Thanks / Like
    I see it sold at Murrys and Auto Zone.

Post Thanks / Like
    so i guess there selling it again and its not discontinued.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought up a few bottles the other day at my autozone. They probably had 6 left after I bought mine.

I had heard it was discontinued.. I don`t know. Maybe TW is just re-bottling something of their own as CD-2 now and it`s not even the same goop.

Post Thanks / Like
    It varies from store to store. I have 2 AutoZones nearby. One carries it. The other doesn`t.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found one can of CD2 at Autozone. It was with the Black Magic engine detailer, and it rang up as Black Magic on the receipt. Same thing happened to a friend at another Autozone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Picked up 4 cans at 4.99 each at AZ today in Palm Bay FL. Left a few on the shelf.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope CD-2 Engine Detailer is not discontinued. We just haven`t had much distribution up until this year.

Both AutoZone and CSK/Murray`s took it on in the beginning of the year so it should be readily available in both places. The Black Magic may still be on the shelf at AutoZone has they are working down there inventory and replacing with CD-2.

Thanks.

Marc Okicich

Director of Marketing

CD-2 Products

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for that info Marc. That explains why it has been showing up lately at places that didn`t have it before.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. I found it at a local autozone last night. It was up on a top shelf in a different part of the store. The Black Magic and Gunk Engine Brite is listed out on the shelf. I figure the CD-2 will rightfully replace the Black Magic once it`s gone.

Had to fight off the impulse to purchase their entire stock. Gotta at least work my way through the remaining 1 1/2 cans I still have.

Thank goodness. I had gone to just about every auto parts store in town last summer/fall and didn`t see it anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    found 6 cans in autozone yesterday in FLL. bought two and left the others. looks like this is a current inventory product and not discontinued. don`t know when i`ll use it but now i have some.

Post Thanks / Like
    So all of us that have been hording it when we could find a can here or there are now looking like idiots since we can get it again...good thing I kept receipts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anything changed in the formula??

I LOVE this stuff, but I really wish it did get discontinued so I could go and order a gallon of Meguiars Hyper Dressing to try out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Autozone has it, but it was next to the throttle body cleaner, not with the waxes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information