Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    1. Even with access to DI/RO water and a pressure washer (like one of my customers had at his old office), I absolutely hated using it because ONR is so much quicker for me. Plus, ONR cleans just as well for me and since there are no suds in the way when I am washing, I don`t miss anything.

I haven`t really gotten to the point where ONR is faster for me; however, with the current restriction on watering, it`s my ONLY option. I like ONR pretty well. I think a conventional wash with my foam gun is more fun, but I like ONR alright. I just recently was given a grout sponge by another member of this board, and I have to say that I like the Lowes Grout sponge more than any other ONR method I`ve tried yet. I was able to wash my black Chevy and not instill any marring. I just take it really slow and inspect the sponge alot.

Supe,

Have you tried a grout sponge? I`m like you, I`d rather do a touchless wash, but ONR really does look nice when you`re done. I`d say that from the looks of it, it does leave something behind....but that`s just my opinion and I could be wrong.
    ~werd to yo mutha~
    Wade

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Way2SSlow
    I haven`t really gotten to the point where ONR is faster for me; however, with the current restriction on watering, it`s my ONLY option. I like ONR pretty well. I think a conventional wash with my foam gun is more fun, but I like ONR alright. I just recently was given a grout sponge by another member of this board, and I have to say that I like the Lowes Grout sponge more than any other ONR method I`ve tried yet. I was able to wash my black Chevy and not instill any marring. I just take it really slow and inspect the sponge alot.

Supe,

Have you tried a grout sponge? I`m like you, I`d rather do a touchless wash, but ONR really does look nice when you`re done. I`d say that from the looks of it, it does leave something behind....but that`s just my opinion and I could be wrong.

Four different types. I was using a GS when I first started to notice the marring.

Bigpikle, don`t let this thread discourage you from your ONR plans. Most everyone uses it without any problem at all. You mentioned that your water is very hard. Mine is, too. You`ll get much better results with ONR if you use DI water or even distilled water. If you decide to use your hard tap water, you might want to consider doubling the amount of ONR you use.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindflux
    hrm. Reading this thread makes me wonder if I should have used a rinse bucket too. I`ll have to keep that in mind for my next adventure with ONR washing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpikle
    interesting thread as I sit here with a sample of ONR to use for the very first time once it finally stops raining

I have a superb foam that actually cleans amazingly well, so would make the ideal pre-wash for any wash process, but one BIG issue for me is the hard water and resulting water spotting, given my driveway gets full sun all day...

My plan was going to be:

1. pre-spray QD strength mix via pressure spray 1 panel ahead of where I am working

2. 2BM wash - feel like I want to keep the rinse bucket - with either sheepskin mitt or Eurow towel

3. blow dry area with leaf blower

4. dab remaining water spotting with Miracle Dryer MF towel

REALLY hoping for minimal marring, although my silver car makes it near impossible to see anyway, but the others show it badly....

I always have two buckets when using ONR, just like I would have in a traditional wash. I use the Lowe`s Proline grout sponge and have used both the old and new formula ONR. One thing that I do differently from the usual ONR wash is I use the pre-rinse technique that Patrick at Excel Detail uses. Personally, I prefer doing my ONR washes this way and it only adds less than 5 minutes or so. As far as drying goes, I just use a couple of WW MF`s.
    Devil Pad

Professional Automotive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Denzil
    I always have two buckets when using ONR, just like I would have in a traditional wash. I use the Lowe`s Proline grout sponge and have used both the old and new formula ONR. One thing that I do differently from the usual ONR wash is I use the pre-rinse technique that Patrick at Excel Detail uses. Personally, I prefer doing my ONR washes this way and it only adds less than 5 minutes or so. As far as drying goes, I just use a couple of WW MF`s.

WW doesn`t have enough nap for me to trust it with a rinseless wash. I`ll stick with MF towels here.

Post Thanks / Like
    WW doesn`t have enough nap for me to trust it with a rinseless wash. I`ll stick with MF towels here.

I`m using my Eurows. No lint on the windows, and they are really thirsty MF`s. I can`t imagine anything being more gentle on the CC than the Eurow MF.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
    I`m using my Eurows. No lint on the windows, and they are really thirsty MF`s. I can`t imagine anything being more gentle on the CC than the Eurow MF.

I need to get me some of those. I was just referring to Denzil using WW drying towels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
    Bigpikle, don`t let this thread discourage you from your ONR plans. Most everyone uses it without any problem at all. You mentioned that your water is very hard. Mine is, too. You`ll get much better results with ONR if you use DI water or even distilled water. If you decide to use your hard tap water, you might want to consider doubling the amount of ONR you use.

No problems with being put off - I`ll try it for sure, but sadly it started raining last night and the forecast says heavy rain for the next 5 days Soon as it stops I`m out there, as my Eurows arrived yesterday and I`m good to go :grrr

Post Thanks / Like
    What happened to QEW, doesent anybody like it anymore?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use ONR exclussively to wash my cars. I use a quality MF as my wash media, warm water, a single 5 gallon bucket with a grit guard, a WW MF to dry, wheel brush for the tires and wheel, and nothing else. I mix up 2 gallons of ONR wash solution in the bucket and use the MF starting at the top of car and work my way down. I dry with the WW MF as I go along. I end up doing the wheels and tires with the wheel brush using what is left of the ONR wash solution and dry with a dedicated wheel/tire MF.

After over 35 washes, my LS460 still doesn`t have any marring or swirls. My wash MF floats over the surface of my car with a cushion of water between the car and the wash MF. I also keep my car protected with Optimum Opti-seal and OCW.
    Current: 2007 LS460 Silver/Black

Former: 2007 Lexus ES350 SGM (Bought Back by Lexus)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by es350

After over 35 washes, my LS460 still doesn`t have any marring or swirls. My wash MF floats over the surface of my car with a cushion of water between the car and the wash MF. I also keep my car protected with Optimum Opti-seal and OCW.

You also have a silver car that hides swirls very well.

I`m not saying I don`t believe you..I`m just saying maybe you aren`t seeing them.

:hm

Post Thanks / Like
    You also have a silver car that hides swirls very well.

Yep...silver does hide swirls really well. But if you look carefully at different angles under a strong light source, you will see swirls if you have them. I have checked...don`t have them yet :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by es350
    Yep...silver does hide swirls really well. But if you look carefully at different angles under a strong light source, you will see swirls if you have them. I have checked...don`t have them yet :xyxthumbs

Good on you. That`s a difficult feat for sure. Two claybar sessions in the year, 35 ONR washes and 7000 miles and not a scratch to be had.

:waxing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Good on you. That`s a difficult feat for sure. Two claybar sessions in the year, 35 ONR washes and 7000 miles and not a scratch to be had.

Thanks!

I`ve had a few rock chips and a few scratches around the door handle that were taken out with KAIO....but no swirls from washing with ONR!

Some recent pics a few months ago....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrencea
    What happened to QEW, doesent anybody like it anymore?

After using them both side by side on the same car and seeing that the ONR side was noticably slicker and glossier, I used what I had left of QEW on wheels and fenderwells.

Good product, but sort of like Klasse vs Werkstatt. Klasse is good stuff but Werkstatt is a newer and better formula.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Well crap on a stick. I washed and dried my MF towels from the other days ONR fest and my detailers choice MF `sponge` split at a seam. I guess I`ll have to trek back to Big Lots and exchange it. One use.. sheesh.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information