Post Thanks / Like
    Hey everyone! So, with the detailing season starting to kick up again, I`ve been contemplating my techniques and usages for different products. I haven`t actually had any `wheel time` since I was hit by a car a little bit ago (long story...). So here`s my main question. I had a few people ask me with negative connotation, why I layer so much wax on cars that I detail. My response was, why not? people layer on Zaino and Klasse SG like no tomorrow, and the pinnacle souvy can says you can layer it. I like to spend a lot of time on cars, and i DO find great joy in applying and removing wax; it`s like decorating a cake! I do not layer to `hide` scratches or swirls, since i don`t think doing so would really have much significant result, and i wouldn`t feel right doing it.

Another question/comment was about the `spit-shine` technique. Now, the way it`s been explained and demonstrated to me was that by applying nuba, spritzing it with distilled water, then buffing it off with a soft wax pad at high (1400-1800rpm), yields awesome results. A few people said that it sounded like a `hack` technique. I`ve tried it on my car, my dad`s car, my sister`s car, and a friend`s car. I have to say, there is a big difference than just hand-removal.

The way it`s supposed to work is how my ex-marine friend spit-shines his shoes. whether it `hides` swirls, i have no clue, but it leaves the surface silky smooth.

Input?

ps don`t get me wrong, i`m not trying to `troll`. I just want straight up feedback so i don`t practice incorrect technique.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used Souveran on the Jag since forever.

IME it doesn`t really layer very well unless you do a true spitshine technique as described by (the MIA but still appreciated) Nick T in his long-ago post (well worth searching for and studying).

Attempting to layer Souveran without spitshining seems to just result in more oils/etc. on the finish- a short-lived boost in appearance that used to be called "concours waxing" back in the day.

The method you`re using is more like what I call "pseudo spitshining", which I often use with the #16 that I put on my wife`s A8. Works, but it`s a different thing than the "real" spitshining (again, see Nick T`s thread for a good description).

Oh, and you might experiment with letting the Souveran dry completely before you buff it off. I tried that at the suggestion of Mike Phillips and it changed how I use Souveran (after doing the regular W-O-W-O) for well over a decade). It`s sorta the opposite approach from spitshining, but for a single coat application it`s what *I* now do every time (except on plastic/rubber trim, where I still W-O-W-O).

Thread Information