Post Thanks / Like
    I had to buff one spot on my car near the trim and didn`t think about taping it up at the time. So its a little dull and one part is little white`ish :hairpull

I`m looking for a better trim restorer than this crap, Mothers BB. Which one would you prefer or is it just more personal preference? Pro/cons of each? The only con I see is Black WOW is almost double the price of PB`s....

Or maybe reconmend me another `trim restore` product....

Post Thanks / Like
    too get the white wax/polish off... use some WD40... buff it in and then buff it off... then use your trim product of choice... Black Wow is good stuff in general, doesnt run as does some other when it gets wet... I like 303 Aerospace... I put it on liberally, do the entire truck, then come back and buff it off... doesnt run that much, easy to apply, makes the trim BLACK, and protects for A LONG TIME...

Post Thanks / Like
    What`s causing the discoloration - is it product residue or damage from buffing? If it`s just product residue, I use a nylon detailing brush and some QD spray to remove it (you can use APC if it`s dried, gummy, or just stubborn...personally, I`d save the WD-40 for use a lubricant, but that`s just me). If it`s damaged, you can try Trim Restorer, which will last 2-3x longer than BB, or you may want to pick up some of the plastic dyes that will more permanently restore the color.
    Cogito Ergo Idiot.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used PR Trim Restorer since I started detailing in `06 and I really like it! For trim pieces that are "weathered" it works fantastic!! I have noticed that it will run after a rain though....so be careful! I have used it on running board that were trashed and they came away looking brand new!!

Thread Information