Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m having a blast with this car... The car I used the M105 on the other day is still in my garage. The owner (a good friend) left it at my house while he and his wife went to France for two weeks. This is also gonna be my last detailing job for quite a while, cause I gotta start studying for my real job. So his car is my detailing test bed for a while.

I`ve been reading alot here on Autopia about DWG. My bottle arrived today. Now I understand the hype. This stuff rocks. I applied it with a red LC pad and a PC. If you use just the right amount, it pretty much disappears into the paint. There will be very little residue left to wipe off. And what residue there is wipes off easily. I can`t tell if it has much in the way of defect hiding abilities, but it really does amp up the gloss. All exterior surfaces are fair game for DWG, too. Plastic, rubber, it`s all much improved with DWG. What I *really* like about it is that it looks more carnauba-y than plasic-y like most sealants do.

I`m following the DWG up with FK1 1000p. It`s turning out to be a fantastic combination. It`s Bence`s fault that I`m using the 1000p. Thanks, Bence! I just hope I`m not ruining 1000p`s durability by putting it on top of the DWG.

DWG is one of the best cost/performance products I`ve used to date. And if 1000p turns out to be all I think it`s going to be, it will also be right up there on the cost/performance list. 15 bucks for a tin of 1000P, and I`m guessing about 50 applications per tin. DWG is also about 15 bucks, and I`m guessing about 15 cars per bottle.

Think I have a new go-to combo for my customer`s cars.

UPGP would probably look great on top of DWG, too.... So many things to test....

Anyway, if you`ve been thinking about trying a bottle of DWG, get one. I really don`t think you`ll be disappointed.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know what DWG is , but 1000p rocks !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Danase Wet Glaze, sorry.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried layering it? I heard this could be done but I`m still waiting for my bottle to come in.
    Club Flex Member:woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hdu
    Have you tried layering it? I heard this could be done but I`m still waiting for my bottle to come in.

You can layer as many time as your heart desires

Post Thanks / Like
    ^Is there a curing time?
    Club Flex Member:woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hdu
    ^Is there a curing time?
    No, but do the whole car first and then go back to where you started.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is really a nice product. I almost don`t like to post about (I can`t help myself though:nervous because of the *hype*. But DWG lives up to what I expected of it. When non-detail enthusist notice that my truck looks better/glossier/wetter or even shinier than it is a hit.

You do have to watch out with DWG, though. You can actually get paint too reflective(at least for my taste). I used DWG then EX-P, it looked really good, but the blue on my truck would always reflect the overcast sky and look gray or silver. I topped it with another coat of DWG and #26. Much better depth and still really wet.
    :woohoo:

Post Thanks / Like
    :showpics

:showpics:showpics:showpics

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    :showpics

:showpics:showpics:showpics

I agree, but its really hard to capture with my camera. I am a bad photographer:sadpace:. I will have to see if the pics of my lightning turned out. If they show the dripping wet look it has in person I will post them later. :tumblewee

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll betcha it`ll do more than 15 cars. My bottle of EZ creme has done 30 layers and there`s still some left.

Try this sometime: work Ultrafina at 1800 until you`re about to drop it to 1000 for the finishing passes, then add a couple drops of DWG to the panel and finish working out at 1000rpm. I haven`t stacked it up against finishing with UF then following with DWG on a PC, but if you`re playing around, try the two against each other.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m gonna do that one tomorrow, Tim, can`t wait to see how it turns out.:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been saying it all this time. DWG rocks! Combine it with UPGP and you get one of the most incredible finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Heh, after reading so much about DWG, I think I`m finally going to give in and get myself a bottle. However, UPGP will have to wait, hehe.
    Devil Pad

Professional Automotive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    How`s this for pics:

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information