Post Thanks / Like
    So I`m gonna do my full detail again in the coming weeks, was looking for some opinions on my plan:

Wash (Gold Class)

Clay (Mothers Cali Gold)

Wash (Gold Class)

Polish (Poorboys SSR 2.5)

Polish (SSR 1)

Polish (Wolfgang Finishing Glaze)

Wax: Collinite 845

Top: Liquid Souveran

How`s this look? Will I run into any problems topping the 845 with Liquid Souveran? And should I replace using the SSR 1 and just use the Finishing Glaze? I`ve been told the Finishing Glaze is really a polish but they just call it a glaze. So how`s this look? Last year I just did SSR 2.5 and 1 and then EX-P, felt like doing something different this year.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was always told to not put one wax on top of the other.

Post Thanks / Like
    What`s the vehicle that`s receiving the attention?

I`ve seen WFG in action, and it`s pretty awesome - I think you`re plenty safe in skipping SSR 1, depending of course on how the finish looks to you after SSR 2.5.

I`ll bow to others on the Souveran over 845 - I`ve only used as a topper for sealants. That said, if you still have EX-P on the shelf, Souveran will work just fine on top of it.
    Cogito Ergo Idiot.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s my 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GT, it`s galaxy silver, and the paint is in good shape. It has scratches and stuff, I used the 2.5 last year which helped a bit, but I guess GM clear is some tough stuff, so it didn`t take care of a lot, so I wanted to use it again. I do still have EX-P... plenty. Reason for buying the 845 is because I wanted more durability then what the EX-P provides. EX-P is awesome for when I`m able to apply it every couple weeks during the summer, but not so much during the winter. I wasn`t sure if I`d run into any bonding issues with the Souveran though... it says it`s pure, which means it should be fine on top of anything, but I thought I remember reading here is has some solvents or something in it to make it a liquid, which would mean it WILL remove the previous layer of wax. So using the Liquid Souveran on TOP of EX-P will be ok though? If that`s the case, I may just stick with EX-P, and apply the 845 as I get closer to winter again.

Post Thanks / Like
    SSR 2.5, in my experience, lacks that last little bit to get through on GM clearcoats. But, if you can make a few extra passes, or consider a different pad on troublesome areas, it`s a pretty solid product. I still have it on the shelf because it`s so forgiving and easy to use.

EX-P is certainly the least durable sealant I`ve used, but it`s great when you have to work in direct sunlight. I generally use FMJ or my go-to, UPP. Souveran goes great on top of both of those.
    Cogito Ergo Idiot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent. Good to hear because I haven`t used the Liquid Souveran yet and I bought it last year, I can`t wait to do my big detail now. Then I`ll use the 845 and Liquid Souveran. I guess the EX-P will be used on my Moms, sister and brother in laws cars and SUV`s that I`ve got lined up this summer wanting a detail. And yea, 2.5 doesn`t seem to have a lot of muscle, but I`m still new to this, only my 2nd summer with my PC, and Poorboys stuff is so user-friendly for newbies like me.

Does anyone know how soft or hard Toyota`s paint is with the 4 Runners? I have to do my bro in laws 4 runner at some point, but don`t know anything about Toyota paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you`re a few layers over the top even if they will bond.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well after doing some reading on the forums, I`m sort of thinking about trying out the Menzerna polishes (I guess Intensive Polish followed by FPII is the top combo). The Poorboys SSR`s are NOT mine, they actually belong to a friend and I want to get some polish of my own. Is IP and FPII the combo I want? 106FF I also see mentioned alot but that is WELL OUT of my price range. I was thinking about this little package here to start me off: Menzerna Get Acquainted Kit

Thread Information